Format: Audio CDChange

on 27 October 2008
It's taken a while but one of THE best vocalists of the decade and beyond has returned with her 5th album! It sees Anastacia adopt a much more mainstream and commercial image and sound than ever before! At first I was upset by this and thought that she may have lost her edgy appeal, but it isn't the case. For the most part the tracks are quite positive and upbeat and does reflect Anastacia's current feelings with her life. The 'Anastacia' album was a painful and raw album but this album sees a happy Anastacia which is quite refreshing. I must say that the album didn't instantly hit me apart from a few tracks i.e. 'The Way I See It', 'I Call It Love' and 'Heavy Rotation', but this is because Anastacia has taken yet another risk with her sound and has gone totally out of her comfort zone, so fans may take a little while to adjust to it including myself. Anastacia's voice fits perfectly with some of the more contempary sounds and some of the tracks see Anastacia use her voice in new ways i.e 'Never Gonna Again'. It is interesting to see Anastacia sing this material, even if you don't like her or aren't sure about the lead single 'I Can Feel You' give the rest of the album a listen and you'll be pleasantly suprised. This album is yet another example of her versatility, some people may complain about the very varied sound clashes on the album but I personally find it exciting to listen to!
on 11 July 2014
A lot of fans have put this album down after the first or second listen and claimed it a let down. All I can say to them is get it back on the spindle a put on repeat, as it is an album us real music fans call a grower. The tracks may not hit you in the face at first like the early albums, but Anastacia HAS moved on from then and if you keep repeating the CD, songs will emerge into beautiful tunes. So give it time and you will enjoy at least 1/3 of the album after a few more listens as the album title proclaims, Heavy Rotation is need to enjoyed the true value of the songs on this disk.
on 5 February 2009
Return to for. With the release of Anastacia's Compilation Greatest Hits album, Pieces of a Dream, I honestly though that she was done with the music business but, this, her new album, is truly a return to form.

An amazing album which not only confirms her songwriting prowess but, once again demonstrates the versitility of that singularly unique voice.

on 2 July 2009
I have been waiting a LONG TIME for another album from the wonderful Anastacia and I was not disappointed by this one!!!
I Love every single track on this fantastic ablum, especially 'Heavy Rotation' and 'You'll Be Fine' and I think that all songs are original and it is clear to see that the lyrics mean a lot to Ana, and I think it's brilliant. Cannot wait to see her live this year. She's amazing!!
on 24 July 2009
This Album was well worth the wait. The usual strong voice with excellent lyrics. Was fortunate enough to see her Live recently in Birmingham too, even better live. Same Song particularly catchy.
on 25 October 2008
I really wanted to love Anastacia's new album.... It's been so long coming and I have loved all her work to date since her debut in 2000. I like lots here but I don't think it's her best work.... I kinda feel that Anastacia has lost a little of her edge here... only that voice is unmistakable but the songs lack originality for me..... I think she will have a little trouble with this album, sales and singles-wise... nothing really stands out from the rest of the crowd of current female r&b artists...

If you want to know how this album compares to her past work well... Anastacia has abandoned the rock chick sound of her 2004 self-titled third album. Personally, I was hoping for more variety this time so I'm not that fussed about her abandoning her rockier sound. I still like lots on the Anastacia 04 album but by the time of her Greatest Hits in 05, I felt that Pieces of A Dream was evidence that Anastacia's rockier work was restricting her to more negative self-pitying themes (sick and tired, heavy on my heart etc) and the feistiness of her other work was being left behind... She leans more closely to her first two albums this time out but yet it's not a totally comfortable slipping back to her old funky and soulful Not That Kind/ Freak of Nature sound. She has really moved into the area of contemporary rnb....

This album sounds like it could really be from anyone from Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson to Beyonce.... It just seems quite run of the mill rnb

Vocally, she is back on top form and her voice fits this sort of rnb music quite well... at times, I felt her rocky stuff didn't allow her do her voice justice so she can't be faulted vocally here.

Lyrically, the album is much more about positive themes on the whole this time out...
Married life is treating her well obviously... I'm glad for her... I felt her 2004/2005 stuff was veering into Evanescence self-loathing misery at times. So, this vibrant, positive energy that flows through the album this time is welcome.

But, musically, I find the tracks very hit and miss.

1. Lead single I Can Feel You is a good indicator of what to expect, it's pretty much r'n'b on the whole this album. This track is decent, similar in style to Ne-yo's summer hit "closer" and he produced this too, it's a good choice for lead single.

2. The Way I See It is probably my favourite so far.... That 60's revival we've been swept with in the past two years (Amy Winehouse, Duffy etc.) has grabbed Anastacia and this style suits her well... it's a strong track, hope she goes for it as a single... I am glad though she didn't go for a whole album in this style because she would just be written off for jumping on the bandwagon.

3. Absolutely Positively: another ne-yo produced track, it harks back to Anastacia's old funky style but with a more modern rnb twist, it's catchy enough but I think it wouldn't fair well as a single and it looks like it will be the 2nd single tho.

4. Defeated: a mid-tempo rnb track that is fair enough but it could be anyone singing this... Mariah, janet, beyonce, it's very generic rnb.

5. In Summer: a really nice track, it's a real summery, easy listening style track, kinda like wishing well from her debut...

6. Heavy Rotation: I absolutely HATE this! It just jars the flow of the album... it's a real fast, dance song... it sounds like the sort of dance remix you'd never listen to from a single unless you're into pure dance music.

7. Same Song: I like this song, it's another funky style number that would have fitted nicely on Not That Kind/ Freak of Nature.

8. I Call It Love: I love this track, it's a rock and dance music mash-up that really works, its so energetic and catchy. Sounds like an 80's style rock track... lots of synths, a catchy guitar riff, and catchy chorus... perfect.

9. All Fall Down: This is a return to the sort of sound from her 2004 rock album... it's another decent track but wouldn't grab your attention as a single or anything.. it's fine for the album though... it's catchy enough

10. Never Gonna Love Again: A slow ballad... lots of piano, strings.... Works well.. really allows Anastacia flex that fine voice of her...

11. You'll Be Fine: a mid-tempo rnb track, nothing really special, but it's pleasant enough, just doesn't grab you...

12. Beautiful Messed Up World:
Its okay again but I I could take or leave it....

In the end, I really am a little disappointed with the album.. the mistake I feel is going down the road of modern rnb production..... it's so over-done now, anyone could have had these arrangements on their album.. it's just the lyrics and voice that is pure Anastacia...... I wish her well with this, maybe with some very carefully chosen singles, it will all go well but I have my doubts how this will be received well.
on 23 February 2009
I heard the single Absolutely, Positively on the radio and loved it. Great lyrics, nice range of songs and that wonderful voice. Glad to have her back again.
on 26 May 2009
Waited a while for this and I have not been disappointed - great music and Anastasia sings in her usual earthy tone - Recommend you definately buy this
on 17 February 2013
I stumbled onto this album and realised I did not have it in my Anastacia collection, the price was low, it was easy to order and arrived very quickly
on 4 November 2009
Anastacia never fails to impress, her music is outstanding and versatile.
If you like Anastacia you will love this.