5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible sound
Published on 9 Mar 2009 by TopRevisor

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at but doesn't sound good on full blast...
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
The JBL OnStage 3P is a nifty, stylish iPod/iPhone dock ideal for smaller rooms. It also accepts an external source and can be battery operated so you can use it on the go!
Published on 5 Aug 2010 by Christopher Woodhams

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible sound, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: JBL On Stage IIIP Portable Loudspeaker Dock for iPod and iPhone 3G (Remote Control - Battery or A/C ) (Electronics)
I have been moved to write a review for the first time! As a techno-phobe woman I have never been impressed by anything gadjety but this has changed my views. It is hard to believe that such a small and light object can produce such an amazing sound; in fact when I first played music on it I automatically looked for speakers behind me. It had me spell bound. I still can't work out how something the size of a dog bowl can make me feel as if I am in a concert hall or live gig. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly portable with really impressive sound, 12 Dec 2008
A. M. Harding "Andy H" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I wanted to try and find some speakers that i could easily take with me on holiday but with great sound quality. Remote control and battery power, with a size that could fit in a suitcase were key requirements.

I tested many different portable speaker options, from the BOSE sound dock and Klipsch igroove all the way down to very basic <20 Altec lansing, Philips and Sony options and the JBL On Stage IIIP was far and away the best.

I had largely discounted the BOSE due to the cost but also the size - the sound dock is just too big to fit in a suit case. However what surprised me was that although the JBL sound wasn't as good as the BOSE at the very high end, in the middle range i felt the sound was fuller and more capable.

The iGroove sound is impressive but again, not as portable, and if i'm honest it still didn't seem to deliver the the same sound through the range.

Don't even compare it to the low end docks and speakers - they are lighter and clearly more easily portable but if sound is important, that tinnyness and fuzzy base that you get will really irritate.

All in all, I've been delighted with them. The only draw back is the weight - they are not light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a powerful punch, 2 Dec 2008
This is a powerful little speaker - I was pleasantly surprised. The sound was good - not the tinny sounds you usually get from portable speakers. I have used it in a large room seatting 50 people and the sound was crystal clear. The added feature of batteries is invaluable as you can take your music outside...if the summer allows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and sounds great, 25 Aug 2009
If you are looking for an ipod dock to take on holiday or just use at home this item is perfect.First thing you notice when you take it out of the box is the quality,it looks very well made and feels it too.I was then amazed by the quality of sound that came out of such a small unit,it`s simply brilliant.The remote control works great as it allows you to navigate though all the ipod menu`s and control volume level`s with ease.The JBL On Stage IIIP also comes with a very nice carry case perfect for holidays etc.Mains or battery means you can use it in your home or even in the garden,in all this product is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design & 'just works', 1 Jan 2009
S. D. Harland "DanHar" (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This thing 'just works'. Straight out of the box, iPhone3G docked and playing clear music in seconds. Sound is very clear in the mid-range - vocals sound great. Suprising amount of well-defined bass; just a little distortion when turned up high (but what do you expect?) Generally, beats sound nice and solid. High frequencies are a little too pronounced, e.g. cymbals dominate more than they should.
What I particularly liked is the assertion that this thing works with iPhone3G! There are many products out there that aren't clear on this. At best, what you get with a lot of these is the iPhone going into airplane mode when docked (so you can't receive calls) and/or a lot of mobile-phone noise coming through the speakers. I found that the other version - the On Stage III (i.e. not IIIP) - does this.
I would rate this 5 stars if it was priced under 80.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jan 2010
This works perfectly with my iphone 3GS and i didn't even need to take my iphone cover off to dock it. (even though the bottom of the cover does come off)(The cover is a Skech from O2 shop)
The sound is really good especially from such a small neat device. The price is excellent value compared to similar products. I bought this docking station for my bedroom so i can charge my iphone at night and listen to music whilst in my bedroom and because of the neat size it fits perfectly on my bedside table (amongst all the other bedside stuff) and gives me easy access to my phone. It also takes batteries so is portabe and has a little travel case.
If you want a small docking station with great sound at a reasonable price don't hesitate just get it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at but doesn't sound good on full blast..., 5 Aug 2010
Length:: 1:31 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud, clear and kinda cool, 17 July 2009
Matthew Urwin - See all my reviews
This morning I unwrapped and immediately plugged it in and slotted my iPod Touch in and was away. Sound is great, ease of use is really good and from what I can see so far, quality is really impressive. The only problem, albeit a minor one is that using menu via the remote control is painfully slow to scroll through your songs (although it's probably more because it's so quick to sweep through them by hand), so I've found that I just do this as normal with a finger on the screen. It's hardly a major issue though.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING SOUND, 4 Feb 2009
this is a genius product for travellers, the sound quality is amazing, and its not too heavy or bulky. i have tried cheaper travel speakers, and they have all got damaged or stopped working.
these have been on several trips with me now, and they're as goos as ever. a useful iphone/ipod charger too

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Onstage 111p, 1 May 2009
G. Edwards - See all my reviews
Does a simple task very well. A physically small speaker system that produces good quality sound and charges the iphone/ipod. It is small enough to be unobtrusive, the sound is excellent and the TDMA shielding for the iphone is effective. The unit has the added bonus of a battery power option. I would see this as being useful for using the unit in a garden for example rather than taking the unit travelling, if you want a portable unit look at the smaller Micro Onstage products (currently not Iphone compatible). All in all quality product - you get what you pay for.