on 6 March 2010
We had been trying for a baby for about 6 months and getting really disheartened. A friend suggested Ovulation sticks, being sooo expensive normally i looked on here. I really dont mind weeing into a cup and putting the little stick into the cup for 10 seconds and then leaving it for 10 mins, just to find out if i am ovulating or not (the benefits way out way the hassle). Most women ovulate around 13 to 15 days of their cycle and you only have about a 24 hour window to conceive. So knowing when you are ovulating is really going to improve your chances!
So, we started testing on day 10 as it suggests and i kept getting negative readings (only 1 red line instead of 2). I really doubted they were working because at the same time everyday (6pm for me, when i got home) i would test - Nothing!! Then on day 19 (yes 19!) i got 2 red lines - hence i was ovulating! Now here i am 3 months pregnant! Just knowing your cycle and knowing that not everyone fits into the norm really helps. So for the price and knowing when your perfect time is - buy them!
55 comments|314 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2014
Tried to conceive for about 3 yrs - no joy. Thought we'd give this a go and pregnant with the first ovulation detected. Baby due in 8 weeks! Worth every penny.
on 19 April 2016
I shopped around in various shops and online for ovulation tests and it became apparent that these were extremely good value and I could get 60 tests for the price of 10 of a well known brand.

The instructions are easy to follow and took just a few moments to read.

I bought these as we had been TTC for over a year. We already have one child and he was conceived on day 8 of my cycle during my first pregnancy. As I believed I ovulated early on in my cycle I started using these tests from day 6. I took them each day from days 6-14 and there was no indication of ovulation. On day 15 of my cycle the test clearly indicated a surge of LH. I am now over 5 months pregnant so the test was obviously very accurate at pinpointing when ovulation was going to take place.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this product as it is easy to use, well priced and accurate in the results provided.
on 13 April 2016
I really like these ovulation tests, so cheap you don't feel bad about testing mores than once a day. Though actually, I found they were fine to use just once a day late morning. I would always get 2-3 positive days, 1st day would be as dark as control, 2nd day would be way darker and then would get lighter again the following day.
They are simple to use, just collect urine in container, leave to stand a few mins so test and urine are same temperature, then dip test for 10 secs and lay flat to develop. You can read the test at 10 mins but full developing time is actually 30 mins, so if the test is almost positive at 10mins, double check after the full developing time.
on 10 August 2010
I bought these and NEVER got a positive result....might be me and if it is I will update this to reflect that. They are good value for money but mine just never gave me a positive result and I followed exactly what the instructions said!
on 23 January 2016
These worked brilliantly for me, after 5 months of ttc I bought these and got pregnant straight away, sadly had an early miscarriage but bought more of these and again got pregnant within weeks. Very simple to use and affordable, would highly recommend, also, delivered in discreet packaging.
on 20 February 2015
Great tests, ive used these for the past 2 years ttc and they have never let me down, they show faint line LH right upto super dark at ovulation, I buy these every cycle
on 15 March 2014
Used these and got pregnant first month of using these. They were great because actually ovulated 5 days after thought I did. Also works as pregnancy test as well.
on 28 January 2015
These strips are brilliant and I am really happy to say I am 15 weeks pregnant!
on 28 March 2014
After a miscarriage I wanted to check if my cycle was back to normal before ttc, using these OPK's I discovered I was ovulating later than I thought, got my positive line this month and have now discovered I am pregnant, so it worked first time!