Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 December 2008
I have been to over 200 gigs over the last 20 years, this show here has to be in my top 5 of all time........is Dee Snider the greatest Metal Frontman of all time?????
What a barmstorming performance from a band who quite frankly are so underated, its a joke. I shall never forget this gig, it was a hot august night, the astoria was packed to the rafters, sweat pouring off the walls, its doesn't get much better than that. Twisted Sister where simply awesome that night....hard to belive that they had not palyed together with this line up for 14 years!...So many highlights to choose from, my personnel fav...."I wanna Rock", Mr Snider just whips the crowd up into a frenzy, the whole place is jumpimg and going crazy. the DVD here is of top notch quality, superb sound and picture...what a bargin at £12.
My only complaint......the **** ************* have not played here since. I just wish they can hit these shores again in 2009..long may they reign!
on 14 December 2008
I wish I were there again when Twisted Sister ruled. I agree they still do. I had been looking forward to seeing them in the UK tour for ages. The one at Hammersmith Apollo couple of years ago cancelled. But I didn't know after that when they came, rocked at Astoria and released this CD together with DVD. How the hell did I miss it ? I'm gonna burn in hell for this.

There is nothing new in this album and that's what I like about it. Just the same old original songs in original twisted way - 'Alright London ! Would you please welcome Twisted ****ing Sister' and there they rock. 16 major hits from Under The Blade, You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll, Stay Hungry and Come Out And Play. But why do they never include Wake Up The Sleeping Giant, Hot Love, Me And The Boys, Yeah Right and One Bad Habbit from Love Is For Suckers in any Live or Compilation albums ? OK forget it.

It feels so great to see Dee, Jay Jay, Eddie, Mark and A.J. re-unite and tour. Feels like 80s is back. I wish they would do one more new studio album. Twisted Christmas is good too. And I wish they would do one more gig and I won't miss it at any cost. This is my Twisted Christmas and Twisted Birthday Wishes. I Wanna Rock ..... ROCK !!!
on 22 June 2016
Ok, so here's the story. Twisted Sister got back together. They toured the world. They did a reunion concert at London Astoria. The concert was filmed by their then record label. The label had a TV channel. The concert was going to be shown as a pay per view on that channel. Meanwhile the band play Waken Open Air. They also re-record the Stay Hungry album. The album and the Waken Concert were due to be released as a dual disk. The sound quality of the Waken Show was not good enough to release. The band request a copy of the Astoria show to see if they can somehow use it to flesh out the Waken footage. The Still Hungry release comes out as a standard CD. The Waken DVD eventually comes out. The Astoria footage is not included. Roll forward a bit and this CD & DVD release arrives.

Produced by Mark Mendoza the package is pretty impressive to look at. I'm a big fan of digipaks. The booklet includes sleeve notes by Malcolm Dome, a few photos from the night and a (very) brief interview with Jay Jay. The CD and DVD are the same show so you have the same track listing. The first thing I noticed from the CD is that there is a slightly muffled sound to the playback. That aside, the band are on top form. Very tight.

Now, the DVD. One thing I've noticed about live DVDs is they tend to detract from the actual performance you experience 'on the night.' Being at the show I remember thinking that the band were 'chaotically tight.' Watching this DVD what you see is a very heavily rehearsed show from a band that are excited to be doing it again. Some of the stage raps that I assumed wouldn't make it to the DVD have been left in which I was pleased with. This helps to give this a real unedited feel. The only niggle I have with this is the same muffled sound as the CD. I guess that's to be expected as they are from the same source. The biggest thing for me though and the reason this didn't get a 5 is because somehow AJs drum sound is somewhat lost in the mix. If you've seen Twisted Sister live then you know just how hard that drum sound pushed their live show. That aside this is definitely THE document of their return to the top of the pile. Unlike the Waken DVD there is no extra footage, no interviews. They let the music do the talking. As a document of the return of Twisted Sister this is the one to go for. If you're looking for the best of Twisted Sisters live release and you have to pick only one then you might want to check out Live At Hammersmith (2CD) instead.
on 28 December 2008
Twisted ******* Sister! I was at the Astoria when this was recorded and am still telling people how great this band were that night. When I heard this would be released I was made up. And now..4 years later after watching/listening it took me right back. All the classics played here with an energy missing from alot of top bands these days. This is a must for all SMF's and definately one for the curious. Lets hope and prey we see Twisted ******* Sister back on these shores....they are sorely missed.
on 21 July 2014
A fantastic package with both CD and DVD of a great Twisted Sister performance. All the great tracks are here in a high energy mix. Dee Schneider's brilliant vocals and histrionics are much in evidence. With of course the full make up and costume. Twisted Sister are a much under-rated metal band and if you are new to their music then this is a great place to start.
on 21 January 2013
Captured in 2004 for CD and DVD release, antother great live show from Twisted Sister! These boys rock and then some! Putting their all into every performance. I've got several of their live shows on DVD now and I can honestly say every one of 'em is awesome. Is this band in the R N'R Hall Of Fame yet? They sure as hell oughta be! 110% rockin' good vibes!!
on 26 June 2016
If you've never seen Twisted Sister watch this. The power,the energy,the aggression. Amazing. I missed this concert. Now I've seen it,I am so glad. So sad your stopping guys. But total respect for doing it the way u r. This package arrived well before estimated delivery time. Thank you Sound and Vison. Excellent service
on 28 July 2015
Great album from a true entertainer, great music and some really funny comments from Dee. A must listen
on 30 December 2014
Just how I remember them, one of the best live bands going.
on 5 June 2015
No complaints with getting here again, within a day or 2.