5.0 out of 5 stars essential for big hands
I've always had problems with the analog sticks on the ps3 gamepad, particularly on sports games where my thumb always slipped off at the crucial moment. So much so that I was using an xbox controller with an adapter that wasn't perfect and wasn't cheap.

Then I stumbled across these little gems.

There are two pairs in the box: one set acts like...
Published on 8 Sept. 2009 by M. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag
The concave one comes off pretty easily under pressure, wouldn't use it for games which need a decent amount of pressure on the joysticks, like a FPS or a sports game. You'd be fine with a driving game that didn't require a lot of changing of directions or a sandbox like GTA.

Published on 19 April 2011 by Liquid Swords

5.0 out of 5 stars essential for big hands, 8 Sept. 2009
M. Thompson - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)

Then I stumbled across these little gems.

There are two pairs in the box: one set acts like little more than a textured cap; but the other completely reshapes the end to a cup shape more like that on the xbox controller. It's perfect for keeping the thumb from slipping off.

It was a bit of a struggle getting them on - but they've never moved since. For the money this is best value item I've bought for my PS3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Investment for more tactile feel and to prolong analogue control (L3/R3) buttons, but a little DIY for heavy handed gamers, 13 Feb. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
These silicon grip caps is a nice addition on top of what is mostly a good controller. The main reasons for purchasing these would be, for me, to have a little more tactile feel (the raised polka dot texture as opposed to the dimpled caps) to the analogue joy stick on the PS3 Dualshocks and to prevent wear and tear over time with extensive use. It also increases the grip for sweaty thumbs of gamers. Just a little note, if one tend to put a lot of pressure sideways on the edge of the analogue joy stick (L3/R3), the caps can slip, rub or slide off. It looks improbable in the first place but it can and has happened to me once when I was in the midst of some intense stage of a first player shooter. Overall, for the right price, it is a decent addition as there is a second pair to cater to a slightly different feel with a different design. The second pair with a dimple/concave design does raise the height of the analogue L3/R3 stick a little. You can also put some kind of non-permanent glue inside the cap to keep the caps on and not damage your controller should you need the replace/upgrade these silicon caps in the future. For half price of RRP it's a decent purchase, otherwise I think it is just too pricey for what is just bits of silicon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Jan. 2011
T. Fariello "Fazza" (London) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
Work perfectly on PS3 controllers and on the Belkin n52te (the original reason I bought these for). I use the indent caps on my PS3 and it really helps with grip, and I use one of the bumpy ones on my n52te gaming pad for my PC. Keeps my thumb nice and secure which is why I bought it in the first place as my thumb kept slipping off.

Important note - I'm sure many of you will figure this out for yourselves, and it may seem obvious, but for use on the PS3 I've found that the different caps depend on your gamestyle. For example, I use the tips of my thumbs on the analog sticks, which is why I prefer the indent cone caps. However, my mate uses the bit under his thumb joint to game with the analog sticks, and thus prefers the bumpy caps. It's all preference, but the beauty of this kit is it comes with both to suit your playing style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag, 19 April 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)

The one with little nipples is great, lots of grip, stays on. Just have to get used to the feel of it first!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for degraded, gooey sticks, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
I got these to cover some thumbsticks that had turned gooey. They worked; no need to buy a new controller.

The convex caps work best for me. The concave caps add just a bit too much height. I never had a problem with the sticks in the first place, though. If you much prefer concave then Im sure these concave grips will be concave and grippy enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get on, but cheap and effective, 6 July 2009
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought these for the set that are concave, and more like the tips of the 360 analogue sticks, and they do that job just fine. The can be a little tricky to get on, but once they are its worth it. Only thing is i use these in conjunction with a siliscone skin for the controller and occasionaly the rubber of these rubs against the rubber of the controller creating resistance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grip caps, 20 Dec. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
Good little item, helps maintain grip on your game pad, easy to put on or take off, good price too

3.0 out of 5 stars Not tight enough!, 16 Jan. 2010
Paul Hosier - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
I too bought these for the concave caps, because I used to own a Xbox 360 and my thumbs never used to slip off of those analogue sticks.

The other, dimpled caps fit very snugly, but the concave ones are quite loose. They don't come off, but they twist around. Normally, being circular it wouldn't really matter, but because they have 4 dimples on them, you can feel when they are slipping. It can be quite distracting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
Had problems fitting these to the controllers.

4.0 out of 5 stars rubber..., 12 Mar. 2013
Ethan (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3) (Video Game)
work great, do not buy as grip replacements, they need to go over the current grips, hard to put on, but fit nice and tight! just what you want!

Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Grip Caps (PS3)