5.0 out of 5 stars Best Charging Station on the Market
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:03 Mins
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by iGlaswegian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but you need to accessorise!
I'm pleased with the build quality and usability of this product - it doesn't feel 'plasticy' or as if it's about to snap when you pop a phone on charge.

Published on 17 Jan 2012 by Podster

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Charging Station on the Market, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: IDAPT i4 Universal Charger with 4 Points of Charge - Black (Electronics)
Length:: 5:03 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great, 7 Oct 2010
RN DAVIES - See all my reviews
Good item - could be great, but you can't choose your adaptors - which means that you will receive some that are of no use to you at all. Then - you'll have to be extra replacements: or is that the idea?

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but you need to accessorise!, 17 Jan 2012

I am, however, dissapointed with the connectors that came with it: there's one 'Apple' connector, one mico usb, one mini usb and a couple of what I would call 'older type' connectors (the old Sony Walkman phone, the Nokia pin connector etc). It's been a couple of years now since most of the big firms started using micro USB as standard, so to only find one in the box was a massive dissapointment - both my work BlackBerry and my personal Samsung use a micro USB as does my wife's Sony Experia.

I was even more dissapointed to find that Amazon don't supply, or have anyone in their marketplace who supplies, accessories. The only option was to go to iDapt themselves and order two extra micro USB connectors. At £5.99 each, plus VAT and postage, that's added almost another £16 to the initial cost.

So overall a good product, but be prepared to fork out more if you want the convenience of be able to charge more than one mirco USB product (or any other 'pair' or items) at the same time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good piece of kit, 6 Jan 2011
Built-in power supply means you just need a figure-of-eight power cable (which is supplied).

Power button on top (between rear two charging points) means you can switch device off completely when not in use - which is useful although it would have been nice if it just knew there was nothing connected and shut itself down.

No measurable power drain when switched off (power cable connected but power switch in off position). Less than 0.01W when switched on but with nothing connected (ie it was registering the minimum detectable value on my Ammeter).

There are a couple of LEDs that stay on at all times when device is switched on - bit annoying although the power switch is easily accessible so it's not a major problem.

The supplied 6 adapters cover most of the devices I own. Some devices with recessed ports (eg a Sonim XP3) won't fit the adapters so you'll need to use the USB port and a suitable cable. The adapters are designed to flex slightly so I'm not too concerned about damaging the ports when plugging devices in, although the devices are held upright by the connector so a heavy device and a thin connector (eg a Communicator with the old thin Nokia charging port) might be a bit of a strain, and connecting an iPad using the iPhone dock connector adapter is definitely not a good idea (although charging the iPad using the USB port works great).

Overall a useful device that's replaced a good few cables and power bricks in my apartment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, 26 April 2011
I bought this because I was tired of trailing wires and devices attached to every available socket all over the study, hall and kitchen. This is a neat stylish and effective solution ... but at a price. Its easy to change tips, and it can be switched off when not in use. I get great satisfaction seeing two phones and an e-reader all charging at the same time. So far though I haven't been able to get the USB port (on the side) to work, not sure if this is the fault of the charging station though or the device I'm trying to charge (so far only tried it on things I don't usually charge via the computer). Gave one to my son and he happily charges his ipad using the USB. The price is undoubtedly steep though - especially if you have to buy additional tips (which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally OK, but no good for HTC phones!, 20 Mar 2011
Implementation is good, but the mini USB connection orientation means that HTC phones have to be docked facing the back of the unit (on Wildfire and HD2).
Also only have to look at it to get covered in finger prints!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant and effective solution to multiple wires and chargers, 10 Feb 2011
Adam Bartleby "Bartleby2009" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The wire situation has both got better and worse over recent years; better because we are moving toward more standardised chargers (i.e. USB style) and connectors (i.e. mini or micro USB, though Apple is hanging in there with its proprietary connector) but worse because even people who have never even owned an anorak now have multiple portable electronic devices that all need charging.

In my flat with have two personal iPhones, two work blackberries, a Sony Ericsson MW-600 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, a Kindle and a satnav and the first five need charging everyday or every other day. Before I bought the idapt I had an iphone charger hanging loose in the kitchen and a spagetti junction of wires plugged into a multiplug under the bedroom dressing table. That was messy and since I like to think that I care abour the Polar Bears I regularly found myself on my hands and knees popping chargers in and out of the multiplug, as well as swapping USB connectors.

The idapt works for us - I bought an extra iPhone 'tip' so we can both charge our iPhones over night, I use a micro-USB tip in the front of the three docks for the blackberries and USB headset and I use the side USB port for the kindle (that rarely needs charging) and for anything else that doesn't fit on top. When I'm not charging anything there is one simple rocker switch on the top that completely kills the power (no flashy but wasteful 'standby' mode). I'm still a bit pushed on charging points, but between the idapt and sometimes charging the blackberries in the office it's working pretty well - I've not yet needed to raid the 'cables box' in the cupboard to dig out an extra charger.

There are so-called 'wireless', 'universal' charger pads out there but for the moment they seem to be more fuss than they are worth since they require extra adaptors to hangoff the outside of you iPhone or kindle etc. There are also a couple of slightly cheaper wired multi-charger solutions out there, but from searching across the marketplace and trying the idapt out, I think that the idapt must be the market leader - that they have got to the 4th generation of the same product must say something for the basic design's soundness.

In summary, if you have and use multiple devices that need charging and if this is in anyway becoming a hassle to manage, then you'd be crazy not to buy the idapt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best solution until induction charging is ready, 21 Jan 2011
Andreas Iacovou (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
OK, so the future is induction charging, those fancy mats you can currently buy and just place your devices on to charge. I had one of these but unfortunatly they are not quite ready for the market yet for many reasons which I won't go into here other than to say who wants to buy a different cover to stick on all your devices? Well not me.

So in the mean time bought one of these and ordered an extra micro USB adapter at the same time. What a fantastic device this is. To start with its compact and looks great. The adapters are easy to release and swap over as required.

My biggest concern was that there was no support for the devices when you dock them, and I was worried about whether they would be stable and cause damage to the connectors on my phone / ipod etc. This is absolutely not a problem so don't worry. I wouldn't advice charging your ipad as its too heavy but for most devices no problem.

Charging is quick and and the 4th USB charger using a cable means that you can pretty much use this to charge everything.

In our household we have 2 x HTC phones, 1 x ipod, a Nokia phone, and a Blackberry. This has replaced all the individual chargers!! Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars First impressions, 16 Aug 2011
Ms H Bergene (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Have to say very happy with the charger, bought an extra Micro USB and Dsi for charger and very simple to use and set up. Plugded it in and it goes. Using 2 HTC desires and both face forwards, which was a relief considering someone posted that HTC where facing backwards. Has 3 top mount positions and one USB on the side. As a solution for charging it does a cracking job

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget purchase!, 21 July 2011
Allows me to charge everything i need at the minute and i've not even used the USB on the side. Taken me from 4 plus down to 1 and freed a lot more space on my extension leads. Works fantastically...would recommend it to anyone looking to reduce their plug but i'd advise getting the charging station first and then after arrival getting any extra adapters you need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›