Working Class Hero
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.49

on 22 June 2010
The first time I heard about Luke Kelly was in the mid-sixties. As a member of The Dubliners he took part in their Top 10-hits "Seven Drunken Nights" and "Black Velvet Band".
As far as I remember. "Seven Drunken Nights" was played on the "pirate stasjon" in the Northsea, "Radio Caroline", before they were "discovered" by the much more famous "Radio Lux".
Luke Kelly was, along with the late Ronnie Drew, the leading singer of the band.
On this CD, "Working Class Hero", Luke Kelly is singing some of his best songs in his short life.
He died of cancer in 1984, only 44 years old.
Its almost impossible to rate any song better than the rest in such a brilliant compilation, but "The Town I Loved So Well" and "The Spring Hill Mining Disaster" are my own favourites....
The whole CD is fantastic and show that Luke Kelly was a working class hero and a great performer!
He will never be forgotten !

OWS in Farsund, Norway
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 18 February 2009
Luke Kelly is a favourite of mine and I found the first copy of this in a shop in Sligo. I enjoyed it so much that I then bought one as a gift. His ability to relate to the songs, based on his own life comes through in his singing. This resulted in me investigating the background to the songs on the net.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again