4.0 out of 5 stars OK but reservoir is tiny!
Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by Andy_atGC

2.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but not very durable
I have had a couple of the humidifiers by these manufacturers and they certainly do what it says - the water mist helps with humidity and helps vaporise the essential oils. It did wonders for my asthma / hayfever. HOWEVER ...

Published on 8 May 2009 by R. Kenyon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but not very durable, 8 May 2009
R. Kenyon (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss Aroma Diffuser AQUA Air Purifier Humidifier Air Freshener Essential Oil Diffuser Scent Diffuser

The problem is that to get a decent benefit you have to run it for a fairly long time. If you do that it seems to burn it out very quickly - mine died after about a month and a half of 1/2 hour sessions every other day as I ran if before bed. The manufacturers once contacted said I had been using it too long / too often for a light piece of equipment like that and if I wanted something to do that sort of job I should have bought something more industrial.

I leave you to make your own judgements on that comment.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but reservoir is tiny!, 8 Nov. 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
A family member has asthma and had previously used a recommended, expensive and very much larger humidifier whose reservoir is sufficient for several days' usage, even if used continuously for 8-9 hours each night. Unfortunately, we live in a hard water area and the small amount of water left in it when last used had evaporated naturally and left a chalky residue that appears now to prevent the machine from working. This was bought as an inexpensive replacement without knowing its size, water capacity etc.

I bought some orange oil simply as it was less expensive than some alternatives on offer and because citrus oils usually linger a little longer. 2-3 drops added to the filled reservoir are more than sufficient. It worked very well and the room assumed a smell of oranges. As suggested by another reviewer, I would recommend use of citrus oils, and possibly lemon grass or citronella, rather than some of the more expensive and exotic oils. Be aware that some may leave evaporation residues which can stain the tank area of the device.

The vapour is evident within a couple of seconds of switching on the machine but the amount of steam/humidity it provides does not seem that great but it appears to be quite sufficient to relieve the symptoms of dry throat and nasal passages. The sole current criticism is that the reservoir is only just sufficient to allow slightly more than two hours of continuous use if filled to the lower rim and about twice that if filled to the very top and, if longer use is needed, you may need to keep a bottle of water in near proximity to top up when needed.

The unit is reasonably safe to use, even for children, as it employs a low voltage power supply via an adapter. It need not be disconnected when topping up, unless if from a tap. The advantages of this device are evident; when forgetting to switch it on some nights, sleep is disturbed and her throat is dry and sore the following morning. These symptoms do not occur when it is used.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Jan. 2009
I bought this product after reading such an encouraging review on here but cant say how disappointed I am with it.
It is highly overpriced and the water/oil evaporate so quickly the aroma is very shortlasting indeed and you have to keep refilling it every 1-2 hours.
I have bought different aroma diffusers before which are far longer lasting and much much better value for money. I would not recommend this at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 4 Sept. 2011
CyberNik (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I bought this diffuser as I'm kind of obsessed with essential oils and always have some burning on the oil burner. I was looking for something different and safer since having an oil burner requires a lot of attention to avoid any accidents. So, about this diffuser :
pros
-by creating a mist the oil is dispersed into air in minute particles and thus it's more noticeable, effective ,and undamaged from heat
-easy to use , just pour some water, a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil and hit the on switch. The device will turn itself off when the water goes below a certain level.
-safe as it can be, no flames or heat (although the device does get a bit warm underneath, where the fan is located).

cons
-since the device stops working when water drops below a certain point ( halfways more or less), that means that a certain quantity of the oil you placed in is unusable. You can correct this by adding some water if you want and turn on the device again, creating a less aroma intense mist.
-cleaning . Well ,this is actually not a drawback but something that you must do after every use, otherwise residue from the oils and salts from the water will start accumulating and besides being disgusting (I've done it so I know first hand...)it will certainly reduce the device's life expectancy.So don't forget to clean your diffuser!
-It's not silent. There are 2 noises this device makes: a)the sound of the water splashing in the water surface (anyone who knows or seen a mist maker in action knows about the "fountain " of water above the surface of water) and b) the sound of the fan which propels the air upwards to exit the device.(sounds like a bit noisy computer fan). If you want to place this in your bedroom and especially turn it on while you sleep, getting to sleep could prove a challenge, depending on how "noise sensitive" you are. I personally have some hard time getting to sleep with the unit on, once I set my mind on the noise. I try to think that the sound of water is a stream in a rainforest ,sometimes it helps..

Finally some words of advice(from personal experience):
-some oils ,especially those that are resin-like ( frankincense, myhr e.t.c.) are way more potent to use with the classic oil burner, they need the heat. On the other hand this diffuser is ideal for more watery oils, especially of the citrus family e.t.c. Experiment and you'll see the difference.
-be carefull when you use irritant oils like cinnamon , peppermint , geranium (and some more), coz this device will scatter the oil in minute particles all over the room and thus it will help it to make direct contact with your mucous membranes (eyes, nose),especially if you use too much.
-Mixing oils could prove beneficial (and fun!) but mixing too many together could ruin the whole recipe. Also some oils react with each other and create a white-ish liquid, which will make the device to stop much sooner than it should, coz the sensor for the water level perceives this as low water.All you have to do is discard the water with the oils and make a new mix. Again, experiment.
-Use only genuine essential oils, not synthetic chemical ones. It won't be healthy to inhale these chemicals. Many sellers have essential oils but not all are genuine. Beware of very low prices.

I've used this diffuser for about 5 months now, every day, and so far it works like a charm. It really freshens the air quickly, settling down dust and small particles that float in the air, and giving my room a unique atmosphere, depending on which essential oil I use. The light it has is very subtle and not annoying to look at. All in all very happy with this product !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and great service by Adrenaline Guru, 4 Sept. 2009
I found this product while e-shopping for my Sister's birthday; like many she still has a job and in this stressful time of recession what could beat the gift of Tranquility! Benefits listed for this device pretty much blew me away and I went on to read reviews.

Scoring mostly full stars, it's reasonable to put the couple of low raters down to random bad luck or just grumpy types. I contacted Adrenaline Guru [AG] by phone to be sure and spoke to a member of their staff, who was both knowledgeable and helpful.

From ordering with AG and experiencing the Bliss in action:

It worked great in my Sister's flat (being home to 2 smokers). The air gradually became fresh like on a nice morning or evening - though curious about the new addition to their living room, her cats didnt try to play with it and after a brief sniff ignored the Bliss.

The essential oil aroma is instant - nicer than burner type diffusers and no irritating smoke like incense sticks. By contacting AG you can choose which free oil - Ylang-ylang smells gorgeous!

We had the Bliss going for around 4 hours, it was still misting away and producing aroma. As for maintenance, small ceramic discs help create the ultrasonic diffusion. Widely available, they may need replacing after... 60,000 hours!

Overall my opinion is the Bliss diffuser rocks - simple yet very effective! Out of the retailers I found, AG offered the best deal including delivery plus the choice of a free oil. I will definately order from them in future, starting with another diffuser for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent diffuser, 25 Aug. 2012
This little diffuser is great. It's fascinating to watch the vapour coming out the top like a white curling flame of dry-ice. This occurs because of the water you pour inside it. This vapourising effect lasts for a couple of hours and when it runs out of water, it turns Itself off which is a great safety feature. It's a beautiful and relaxing effect . The design and look of it is lovely - it looks like a little turquoise chimney and it perfumes the air really well with whatever oil you choose to put in it. My favourite is Rosewood oil. The air is really fresh and clean as a result of using it and it's become one of my favourite things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humidifier, 3 Dec. 2012
I bought this Humidifier because I have asthma and have been having problem at night. At first I only filled it to the first water level and found it lasted about 2 hours then switch when tank was empty. I later filled it to the second level and it lasted about 4 hours. I would recommend it as it is quite safe to leave on at night and you do not have to worry as it switches itself off

4.0 out of 5 stars Bliss Aroma Diffuser, 3 Feb. 2013
Really liked this product, it made the room smell lovely and the air feel really fresh. Just remember to stand it on a mat if placed on a polished surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This, 15 April 2012
K. P. Safi (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
I bought this as an alternative to an essential oil burner, this diffuser is perfect as it doesn't use heat to disperse the aroma so it's much safer than a traditional burner, it also has an automatic switch-off once the water falls below a certain point.

The steam that escapes the funnel looks very atmospheric and the sound of the water is very relaxing.

I haven't used the oil that came with it so I am unable to comment on that but I have been using Tisserand essential oils in it and it's exactly what I wanted.

I am considering buying another of these for downstairs as I am always moving my current one around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 14 Aug. 2011
How fabulous is this product!!!! I bought it as I love aqua blue (very calming). It sits by my desk all day now with either rose or ylang ylang essential oil in it. It is magical to watch, as the moment you switch it on, it glows a calming blue and 'Harry Potter' type steam rising from the top like a cauldron. It also looks very contemporary and not tacky at all like some lava lamps.
Totally recommend this item.
P.S/ I wouldn't leave it on too long, as too much of this type of ionized air can cause some breathing difficulties - I turn it on for a while (maybe 1 hour a day)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›