4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and look good
I've owned these speakers for over a year, have used them for music and speech hooked up to pc or mp3 player. Having tweaked my equaliser, i've just replaced my £80 2.1 speakers with these as the sound is more 'cohesive', even if they lack the deep bass.

Pros:
Published on 23 Oct. 2011 by G. Bentham

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous.
I got Trust Mila 2.0 speakers first for about half the price of these. Those sounded really good, however they had a significant constant noise when they were switched on that I didn't like. I thought I would pay twice as much for these ones which as someone else said are noise free when not being used.

Wow, the sound quality in these things is shocking. I'm...
Published on 6 Dec. 2012 by Modern Primate

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and look good, 23 Oct. 2011
G. Bentham (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech LS11 2.0 Stereo Speaker System - Black/Silver (Accessory)

Pros:
+ The silence! A real problem with most low-cost powered speaker systems is the hum or hiss they make. This system makes no hiss or hum AT ALL. You really benefit from that if you sit close to them at a desk.
+ Output is limited, but its enough for playing games, internet radio, films and music if its plugged into a pc or tv. You hit the end of the amplification before the sound distorts.
+ Great sound stage - much better stereo sensation than my old 2.1 system that cost 4x as much.
+ For the money, and providing you have a decent equaliser on your device, they can deliver a good sound - competitive at the price, better than average for cheap desktop speakers.
+ VERY well made. I've moved them, packed them up and unpacked and, yes, dropped them (!), but they're undamaged.

Cons:
- Not the best speakers for music at this price. No deep bass; bass can be boomy unless you tweak the equaliser to kill the mid bass; mid-range is a little constrained; mid treble bit too brash (@8KHZ, so kill that frequency with your equaliser).
- The separate power supply (though small and it stays cool) means several wires - though at least you can tidy is up using the built-in cable storage on the back of the speakers.
- With MP3 players I've found the amplification isn't really enough: no distortion, but simply too quiet at max vol.

Verdict:
If you want good looking, compack speakers that sound good (at this price point) and are well made, these are a good choice. However, if you're prepared to sacrifice looks and compactness for the best sound, I'd recommend the Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0) Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0), also for around £20. Bought a pair of those for someone else and they sound more refined, 'bigger' and more natural - I was really surprised - but they're a little bulky and not so handsome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap speakers, 22 Dec. 2010
Not the loudest but give a surprisingly good sound for such a cheap speaker.
Very well constructed and look great to boot.

Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech speakers, 2 Nov. 2012
These speakers are really fantastic value, i was blown away on how good the sound was! Highly recommend these Logitech speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 Mar. 2013
Like a lot of people I have a small LCD TV with really rubbish sound. These great little speakers sorted that out.
Great for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second set, 2 Mar. 2013
I have these speakers on my PC and when my son needed new ones I bought him these.

The only thing I don't like about them is when you plug earphones into them, as well as the speaker cutting out, the volume control cuts out as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for much more, 3 Jan. 2011
T. Wallace (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these to supplement a cheap flat screen tv that had very poor tinny sound. They work great in this roll and sound so much better than the original tv's speakers. They also work well with music and have a nice bassy sound for their size and lack of sub - alot of speakers in this range and size are very trebley.

I have a pair of Logitech Z5500's, these speakers granddaddies, plugged into my PC and there is obviously no comparison but for under 15 quid these speakers are fantastic value - just don't expect party level volume.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 29 Dec. 2012
Bought these for my small Digihome HD TV that the sound was tinny - made a good improvement and well pleased with them for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 3 April 2013
I bought this speaker system around 3-4 years ago from Argos. These are great budget speakers and have decent sound quality although they distort past 60% volume. They seem well made and offer good value for money. They have an elegant design too. These go loud enough for normal PC listening. Personally I would get a cheap 2.1 system instead of these but they offer a lot for the price you pay. I have never had any problems with these speakers.

Pros-
Value for money.
Broad frequency response.
Great Design.

Cons-
Distorts at moderately high volumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers for the money., 5 Jan. 2014
They're good speakers. They have a pretty good sound quality, and their maximum volume is admirable for such a small package. Unlike some small speakers, they don't tend to distort or break up at high volume. They look good too, and they're very portable and easy to use. The input jack on the front is probably the most useless feature though. It cannot be used to connect a microphone to the computer/laptop/tablet/phone- it just connects a device directly to the speakers. Which, of course, you could achieve far more easily by plugging the inbuilt cable into said device, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't support simultaneous output of both at once, making it all the more redundant. Apart from this useless feature, everything else about the speakers is excellent. They're designed as speakers for a desktop PC, but they're also good at providing a more powerful output for portable devices like laptops, tablets and phones. I've heard of some people connecting them to small TVs for their better sound quality and volume.
The fact that I can name more than ten friends who have all independently purchased these exact speakers and use them regularly speaks for itself- I can't think of many other items that fit that description. For this price bracket, I've yet to see a better product- they hold their own even against considerably more expensive and upmarket offerings too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous., 6 Dec. 2012

Wow, the sound quality in these things is shocking. I'm not sure if I've ever heard sound quality this bad (apart from the laptop integrated speakers themselves), maybe from an old radio that's been dropped a few times.

Even most standard tv-quality audio speakers are centuries ahead of these things. The difference between these and tv speakers is bigger than the difference between tv speakers and real sound. I'm definitely no audiophile, I can hardly tell the difference between 128k and 192k audio. But these things are so muffled.

My advice is to just start getting speakers at a MINIMUM of £25/E30+. I know it's a pain to shell out for such things that are built into every tv, but it's the only way you're going to get even decent audio quality.