Format: DVD|Change

on 22 December 2009
I love father of the bride 1 and 2. They are great enjoyable family films and you will always walk away feeling great after watching them. My favourite is father of the bride 2, and frunk is my favourite character. I love his 'Baby vork out.' Would reccommend to anyone who likes comedy!
on 8 September 2010
Two of my favourites from Steve Martin. The first deals with the plans for his daughters big wedding with all the trimmings and the second the pregnancy of his daughter and wife with lots of laughs. Both are feel good films.
on 14 January 2014
I was born in the early eighties and grew up watching films like these, they're not the most amazing films I've ever seen but they are funny and sweet and heartwarming and best of all they bring back so many memories of watching them as a child.
If you like films such as Three men and a baby or Look who's talking then these are great ones to try, Steve Martin never fails to make me smile and these are my favourite films of his.
on 30 October 2009
great double dvd. I bought this item after a bad wedding experience and wanted my daughter to see this film as a result. very appropiate. Couldn't buy it anywhere else but on amazon.
on 13 August 2013
Received in Excellent condition and just what was required to keep the grown ups entertained an excellent film with good entertainment all around
on 5 December 2012
This lovely boxset is one for every family! It shows the seriousness of how we live life as we grow up in a humerous way. Steve Martin is at his best here, and he portrays how protective fathers can be, but always how loving fathers can be. Each movie has an excellent storyline, and you can never stop laughing til the end! A must-have!
on 13 November 2008
A GREAT FAMILY FILM.STEVE MARTIN IS GREAT AS THE FATHER OF THE BRIDE,AS IS MARTIN SHORT AS 'FRANK' THE WEDDING PLANNER.THE FIRST DVD IS OF COURSE ABOUT THE WEDDING AND EVENTS LEADING UP TO IT.THE SECOND DVD HAS THE SAME CAST AND HAS' FRANK' ORGANISING THE BABY SHOWER ETC.EVENTS BECOME EVEN MORE AMUSING WHEN DIANE KEATON THINKS SHE IS MENOPAUSAL BUT IS IN FACT ALSO EXPECTING A BABY.STEVE MARTIN HAS TO COPE WITH THESE TWO MOST IMPORTANT WOMEN IN HIS LIFE.
I THINK THIS SECOND FILM IS FUNNIER THAN THE FIRST ,WHICH IS QUITE UNUSUAL FOR A FOLLOW UP FILM.MY CHILDREN WERE 9 AND ELEVEN IN 1996 WHEN I FIRST TOOK THEM TO THE CINEMA TO WATCH FATHER OF THE BRIDE 1 AND WE STILL LAUGH AT BOTH THE FILMS .GREAT FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT
on 22 November 2012
I choose this 5 star rating because the box set is great and has obviously all that you need from the father of the brides plus you can not lose them cause they always have to be together in the box, if your like me and collect DVDs its a must to add to the collection. Also the film is a great, wonderful film had never really seen it until recently when my girlfriend told me about it and now along with "one fine day" I can not stop watching them. It's such a great film. I would recommend this to everyone who loves Steve Martin and to people who just want a laugh and a change from the action genre etc. get it today and watch tomorrow and you will be hooked like I was!
on 30 May 2013
A little dated but still worth viewing having been a Father of the Bride I found the original movie acurately the trials and tribulations which most Fathers seem to through.
on 30 July 2014
This film bought back lots of memories from my younger days, but the brilliant thing is that this time there are two to watch! This film stars the brilliant Steve Martin and Diane Keaton and the funnily talented Martin Short as the wedding planner! Martins daughter is getting married and doesn`t want to lose her. The second sees Martin`s daughter and his wife Keaton announcing that they are both pregnant! Short makes another appearance this time as a party planner. Admittedly the first film is much better than the second but both are very amusing and full of laughter.