5.0 out of 5 stars I love Birkenstock

Published on 5 May 2012 by Janet from Barnet

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Birkenstock, 9 Aug. 2011
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
These shoes are fab. Granted they don't look particularly flattering with a dress but boy are they comfortable. I've had this pair for just over a year and every day it is marginally warm they come out. Be warned though, Birkenstocks take a while to adjust to. The first few times you wear them your feet will feel sore but they aren't, it is your feet getting adjusted to a correct walking position. The shoes are supportive, they fit well and they can take you miles. I can wear them day after day after day for an assortment of activities and they never let me down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Baffled by sizing, 5 May 2012
I would love to order a pair of these but I'm put off by the baffling sizing guidelines. I'm a UK size 4, EU size 37 but there are 2 size charts - a Women's chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 37 (length 240mm) and a Unisex chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 35 (225mm)?!?! As if this wasn't confusing enough, there is a 37M and a 37N and I can't find any explanation of the difference. If anyone has successfully ordered the right size, please could they explain how the sizing works?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 16 Jun. 2010
Reg (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived after a few days, and the size was perfect. Tip: choose one size smaller than your regular size. This was my first birkenstock purchase, and I really like them so will buy from this retailer in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great bargain, I wish they would fit, 23 Jun. 2012
I have already many pairs of Birkenstock which are great shoes. I generally buy them in Italy on amazon , this time I tried amazon.co.uk but the information provided about sizes are really confusing , they just mention 2 size charts N or M . I thought N stood for Normal but I was wrong as I received a pair of Birkenstock slim width which don't fit . I explained the problem to the customer service, they were sorry but they asked me to pay shipping costs if I want a refund!

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Gizeh Chain - Style With Comfort, 18 July 2010
The perfect footwear for hot summer days. They are so comfy!! I've not had them off my feet since they arrived. Not cheap but well worth the money. I love them so much I've just ordered another pair in a different colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Birkenstock made it easier to work out your shoe width, 30 July 2011
These sandals are as described, and I am very happy with them. But it took ages to work out whether or not my feet are - according to Birkenstock - "normal width". In the end, I went back to the shop where I had bought a black leather pair of these sandals about four years ago (and was wearing them) and asked the staff there what they thought. They said that they had only ever sold "normal width" so that was what I ordered from Amazon. (The shop didn't have the model I wanted; if they had, I would probably have bought the sandals there instead of on Amazon.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 2 Feb. 2012
I have never owned a Birkenstock before, just heard a lot about their comfort and seen many people wearing them. Since they were on sale, I got one, and boy am I loving it! I usually go bare feet in the house, but thought that I'd 'wear them in' first at home, and now, after 4 days, I don't want to take them off! I don't like wearing shoes that go between my toes either, but with these Birks, you don't even notice it. The cork feels hard at first, but when I take them off, I feel how much support they were giving me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 11 May 2011
I was very surprised to find Birkenstock in leather so very cheap! Although the first wear was a little unpleasant, I had been told to expect this. After that it was perfect! Super comfortable and even great to wear on longer expeditions!! The leather is soft and luxurious and the colour is even more lovely than in the picture. This is my first pair and I am certain that I will always have a pair from now on!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock thong, 18 Dec. 2010
Very comfy, more so than the single strap Birkenstock. Recommended by my podiatrist for summer when I can't wear my insoles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size was perfect!, 26 Jun. 2012
I ordered the Birkenstock in a 39 narrow. I'm usually a 6 in most stores but I was confused by all the buy bigger/buy smaller online debate. I'm glad I went for the 39 as my foot looks just like the one on Birkenstock's own sizing guide on their website.

They do feel a bit stiff and clunky at the moment but I feel reassured by that. I've bought Next's own version each summer for years and not been upset when they've lasted just one season. However, this year they've obviously changed supplier as they looked like they'd had a season's worth of wear after one weekend. I know that Birkenstocks have a reputation for longevity so perhaps I'll just increase my collection each year instead! The arch support is, in my opinion, going to make all the difference to my poor feet - I have hypermobile joints so they put up with a lot of abuse.

Delivery was swift, packaging decent and safe though the box was a little too large.