5.0 out of 5 stars The new Birkenstocks!
I actually got these for my mum - who was a complete Birkenstock "newbie". She thought that they had always looked uncomfortable, but after much persuasion assured her they were not. Now she has them she absolutely loves them - thinks they are very comfy!!
Published on 21 Aug. 2010 by Hollie

2.0 out of 5 stars Two great summers... but that's all. Disappointing.
Published 7 months ago by Elizabeth Bakalyar

5.0 out of 5 stars The new Birkenstocks!, 21 Aug. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 25 Aug. 2011
I am a self confessed Birkenstock addict. My latest craze is for the Mayari style. I was unsure at first whether black would be a good colour, but I am so glad I ordered them they look fab, particularly if teamed with a brightly coloured toe varnish! As with most Birkenstocks (except the old 'relax' style), order one size down from your usual size. My other advice for Birkenstocks is, although there are two widths available, I always buy the regular width, even though I have a very narrow foot they feel fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars the search is finally over...now just to decide which ones to get next!!, 3 May 2011
I am so so happy, my order arrived today and I have these on my feet already. I am so smitten that I am looking for my next pair right now! I wasn't convinced about these until I found myself in front of a well known shopping channel watching the product review. Friends have recommended these too. If in doubt, don't hesitate. I am happy with the size I ordered too, the reviews say get a size smaller but to be honest these are not too big, my feet are slightly smaller than the foot bed but then the last thing I wanted was to be standing with my feet on the edge of the heel part especially when you can't make smaller sandals fit your feet. All in all a great buy, thanks!! Best value and great service too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fav's, 14 April 2011
Have had a pair of these for 2 years & love them to death. Just brought a new pair, not because old ones worn out, they just don't look their best anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Birkenstock! Great style, comfort, fit - perfect, 28 Aug. 2014
I have been converted to Birkenstock for comfort after many years of thinking about buying some. I have always been put off by people saying how uncomfortable they are initially but after having a plate in my foot for arthritis, I have finally bit the bullet, so to speak.

These sandals are perfect for me. Yes they took a little wearing in along the edges, but I honestly think this is because I have wide feet and my foot slightly overlaps on the outer edge. I found wearing them in 'a little, often' inside the house is the answer. Eventually the outer edge softened and I now find them so comfortable I would hate to be without them.

Be sure to buy them so your feet fit inside the contours at the front and rear of the sandal. Some people would say all the foot to be within the contour....... I wish, but my feet are not made for Birkenstocks to fit me in this way!

Yes Birkenstocks can be a little un-feminine but this style for some reason, suits my foot and it looks better on than I could have anticipated.

Would I swap them, not in a million years.

Would I buy them again, definitely! In fact, think I will look for another pair now :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sandal for comfort, 24 Jun. 2011
L. Chattam "Lilac" (Fareham, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I have other Birkenstock styles and a few other makes of sandals but this style is the most comfortable one I have ever worn. I was a little worried that the toe strap might be a bit stiff but it is soft and virtually unnoticeable when on. The strap further up the foot prevents your toe from pushing too far into the foot bed. I have had my first pair of Mayaris for less than a week but have put in an order for another pair already as I don't want to be without these on my feet during the summer. I can't recommend then enough. Please Birkenstock never discontinue this style.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two great summers... but that's all. Disappointing., 18 July 2014
Elizabeth Bakalyar "ebmargit" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I got my first new pair of Birkenstocks in probably about 10 years in 2012. I went for the Mayari Birko-Flor because I decided I'd give the synthetic material a shot - at least, I figured, I wouldn't have to be so precious about them in the rain. I only got two (English) summers out of them - granted, they're very comfortable, and for Birks, feel more stylish and less clunky - but keep in mind I've just retired a 15-year-old pair after re-soling twice, so my standards for the durability of my trusty Birkenstocks are very high. The toe loop on the left sandal just broke after two summers and some change - but I love these sandals so much I'm ordering another pair. However, I will be getting them in the obviously more durable leather. Why they don't sell them in leather here in the UK, I have no idea - I have to get them from the USA of all places! Talk about a carbon footprint!

I'd say these are comfy sandals, but don't expect them to last very long. A disappointing performance, Birkenstock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi i am a first time Birki buyer and i need some advise !, 9 Aug. 2014
Hi can somebody help me here with regards to the sizing please ?
is the letter N next to the sizing indicates Narrow or Normal?
and if the N is Normal then what is M stands for?
I searched the web and in different sites the definitions are different.
I need a narrow fit - what should I search for? thanks :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Like an old friend., 3 Sept. 2014
These are my second pair of this shoe, the first having fallen apart after only 3 summers' wear. They are incredibly comfortable - it's like meeting an old, beloved friend when you slip these on after a long winter.
Speaking as someone who finds regular toe post flip flops intolerably uncomfortable, I have no problem at all with the toe loops. Also they are quick to wear in, important when you are caught unawares by some warm weather and need to buy suitable footwear.
I have knocked off one star because my previous pair only lasted 3 years of light wear (I'm in Scotland, how much of a summer do we have?!!) and I thought birkenstocks were supposed to last longer.
All in all though, I would most definitely recommend these sandals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Footwear Perfection, 16 Sept. 2014
Ms K. A. Mayall "kotukate" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I couldn't find the colour I really wanted and a pair of brown Nubuck Mayari kept popping up as a cookie. I have a painful area on both feet and Birkenstock with their unique soles are perfect for me. I usually wear Giza but they take a while to wear-in and I fancied a change. My beautiful blue Giza Birkies are looking very shabby after I have worn them for two winters on rough, stony, sandy roads in The Gambia and they will be relegated to everyday wear during the coming winter. My new Mayari were perfect from the first day I wore them. They are the prefect size and I do not know what I would wear if I hadn't discovered them! I would buy half-a-dozen pairs in different colours if I could find them;