4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Nose Spectacles holder
Published on 6 Mar. 2011 by H M Byrne

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm....
Published 21 months ago by M. A. Hasler

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm...., 3 Aug. 2013
M. A. Hasler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
I got this as a novelty gift for my dad. he's always forgetting where is glasses are. I like quality novelty gifts and looking at the pictures thought this would be one of them. I received it quickly but was very disappointed. I'm really surprised by the number of good reviews as the finish isn't as good as the one in the pictures (the nose is wonky) and the base is round rather than square. I get very frustrated when I receive items off the internet that aren't what was pictured and this is a prime example. If it was cheaper then I might be able to forgive but the finish isn't great.
I don't know if different sellers have different suppliers but I purchased mine from Thorness. I kept mine as I couldn't be bothered to faff around with returning but wanted to make people aware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
Please note there appears to be two versions of this item. The first one is shown in the picture with the gift box and card made by a company called Thorness. However, it is another version you get sent when you buy this from Amazon that is supplied by a company called Fusions. They do not send the item with the box and card. It comes in a scabby piece of bubble wrap and paper, I have seen better wrapped fish and chips, and it does not look like the item in the pictures; It looks like a shoddy piece of mass produced tat, not hand carved as described. I bought this a fun gift for a friend and now I am too embarrassed to give it to her. I am sure all the five star reviews are for the genuine article from Thorness. Avoid buying the one from Fusions it is a cheap rip off piece of rubbish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Nose Spectacles holder, 6 Mar. 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
I bought this as a present for my husband and he was delighted with it. It is well shaped, light but firm and stands well. Even my 21 year old son thinks its cool. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work with my husband's normal glasses as they have flexible arms and don't grip round the holder. But he likes it so much it now graces his bedside cabinet with his prescription sunglasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made Whimsey, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
Bought this for my husband who is forever misplacing his glasses. First off, I have to say the customer service is outstanding. I made a big screw-up at checkout and selected my former address as the dispatch address and immediately mailed the seller, who fixed it for me. (Thank you again guys!) When I got received the item today )3 days after purchasing), I was amazed at how good it looked. The glasses are mostly supported at the back where the ears are folded closed, and the lenses rest on the nose. This is amazing. I will definitely be following this seller's shop for more items, and would recommend them to anyone. Don't be put off by the shipping prices (even though it IS an obvious gimmick to get people to click to view the item). The quality is definitely worth the overall price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 14 Aug. 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
A really nice, fun product. Works perfectly and looks great with the specs on it. I gave it as a present and initially it's a mystery object - very difficult for the recipient to work out exactly what it is, which adds to the fun! It's well made in a nice wood, so looks quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
I purchased this as a gift for my boyfriends stocking, it arrived with no box, unlike the picture shows, the quality, franking is rubbish. Someone at school could have done a better job. To sell this is just wrong. Amazon should stop this seller from misleading people! Not happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nose shaped spectacles holder, 21 Mar. 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
If you buy one of these for a loved one it will only confirm what you already know!
Years ago my young son who was then 3, but who had worn glasses since he was 2, was given a similar product, in the form of a dog, by a friend who had found it in Austria. It was a huge success. My son took the holder to his heart and when his glasses weren't on his face they were on the holder. We never have to hunt for his glasses. Brilliant I thought - I wonder if it would work for his mother. So I bought the "nose" as the closest UK equivalent. Unfortunately the 2 parts came apart but they were soon re-glued and it looks fine - standing by the bed. Sadly it must be allergic to glasses as there are rarely any on there and the entire household is still hunting high and low when it's time to go somewhere. Buying the "nose" was easy and provided amusement and, even now, it is a source of smug self-satisfaction when we are searching for the glasses which are not on it but should have been, but it won't change someone's behaviour. Overall I have had my money's worth and am content.

5.0 out of 5 stars nose shaped spectacle holder, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
this isn't a toy but great to keep your glasses in a place you can find them, eg, by the bed, computer, kitchen - I have a lot of reading glasses

1.0 out of 5 stars Nose shaped wooden glasses holder, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
Very disappointed with the quality of the product, I wanted the eyeglasses holder for father-in-law for Christmas, but I am not happy at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spex holder, 5 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder
Well received Christmas present for a man who has everything. Beautiful wood nicely carved. This is a great gift for anyone who wears specs.

Nose shaped wooden spectacle holder