5.0 out of 5 stars The new Birkenstocks!
I actually got these for my mum - who was a complete Birkenstock "newbie". She thought that they had always looked uncomfortable, but after much persuasion assured her they were not. Now she has them she absolutely loves them - thinks they are very comfy!!
Published on 21 Aug. 2010 by Hollie

2.0 out of 5 stars Error on website rather than product
There was some confusion when ordering these sandals because the picture showed black patent but the description said silver, and when I chose size 36 the size kept defaulting to 9 further along the process. I decided to go ahead with the order, but recd size 9 which are of no use when you are a size 3 so returned!!
Published 8 months ago by shea2

5.0 out of 5 stars The new Birkenstocks!, 21 Aug. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, 25 Aug. 2011
I am a self confessed Birkenstock addict. My latest craze is for the Mayari style. I was unsure at first whether black would be a good colour, but I am so glad I ordered them they look fab, particularly if teamed with a brightly coloured toe varnish! As with most Birkenstocks (except the old 'relax' style), order one size down from your usual size. My other advice for Birkenstocks is, although there are two widths available, I always buy the regular width, even though I have a very narrow foot they feel fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fav's, 14 April 2011
Have had a pair of these for 2 years & love them to death. Just brought a new pair, not because old ones worn out, they just don't look their best anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Mayari Birko-Flor Sandals, 29 Mar. 2015
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Yes, yet another pair of Birkenstocks to add to my huge collection of the German comfort sandals. I am obsessed. I find that the Mayari style is perfect - the thin straps are feminine, but allow the footbed to adhere to one's foot enough to stay on and not to 'flap' (as the single-strap 'Madrid' style does.) The white will be perfect for summer and the matching sole is a nice touch.

What else can I say? Birkies are pretty much the only sandal I'll wear between the months of May and September in the UK. Great price too. Size wise, I'm a UK size 9/43 and a Birkenstock regular fit (the outline foot detail) in a 42 regular fits me perfectly.

Please never cease selling these Amazon. I write this because most UK stores only stock up to a size 41 and that just isn't big enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like an old friend., 3 Sept. 2014
These are my second pair of this shoe, the first having fallen apart after only 3 summers' wear. They are incredibly comfortable - it's like meeting an old, beloved friend when you slip these on after a long winter.
Speaking as someone who finds regular toe post flip flops intolerably uncomfortable, I have no problem at all with the toe loops. Also they are quick to wear in, important when you are caught unawares by some warm weather and need to buy suitable footwear.
I have knocked off one star because my previous pair only lasted 3 years of light wear (I'm in Scotland, how much of a summer do we have?!!) and I thought birkenstocks were supposed to last longer.
All in all though, I would most definitely recommend these sandals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I know why Jesus wore these kind of sandals., 3 July 2012
This review is from: Birkenstock Mayari, Women's Sandals (Shoes)
I bought these Birkenstocks before heading off on holiday. I am the type of person who spends £12-£15 on flip flops and wears them until they fall apart at the end of summer. It definitely made sense to spend around £45 for a pair that will last me (hopefully) a few summers! But anyway...

After having read everyone else's reviews about size etc, I decided to go with my normal size shoe which is an 8 rather then the suggested size down and see how I got on. Actually the normal size was perfect, obviously our feet expand throughout the day so although it may have looked like I had a small gap at the back of the shoe, it was good for a bit of room for expansion. I also opted for the "wide fit". Now some sites claimed the M was a Wide fit, and others claimed the M was a normal fit. When the box turned up turns out the M means normal fit, and the N is the Narrow fit. So unless you have super skinny feet, I'd say stick with the Normal M fit.

Comfort wise, I had been wearing them around the house to try break them in but it's not until you go on holiday with them and they are your only pair of footwear that you find out how comfortable they really are... On the first day they were comfortable but I could feel them rubbing in one or two places, which is expected as they try to mould to your feet. I admittedly did get a few blisters, but nothing too severe to require amputation. 2nd day I had some mild discomfort from where the blisters had formed the day before. Day 3, was bliss. The blisters had died down and the Birks were really starting to hug my feet lovingly.
Since then they have been great. And I can really feel the support on the arch of my feet.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone who spends enough each summer on a few pairs of flip flops that have to be replaced the following summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite style of Birkis, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Birkenstock Mayari, Women's Sandals (Shoes)
I bought these to extend the life of some leather Birkenstocks I have in a similar style - I don't want them to wear out. I love these; I bought the mocca ones and they go with anything and look good with a tan. They are super comfortable, as are all Birkis and the second strap means they stay on well and I can drive in them. I'm not usually good with toe posts but Birkis are the exception - the thong on these sort of wraps around your big toe and I'm hardly aware of them. I could walk for hours in these sandals. A great price from Amazon too, so I'm extremely satisfied with this purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sandals but sizing not quite right, 28 July 2014
A size 3 (EU36) is normally too big for me but it's often the smallest size available, so I was very excited when I realised I could get these in a 2.5 (EU35). At last, a pair of shoes that really fit? Unfortunately these are still too big for me.

However, after some adjustment of the straps I've managed to get them to fit well enough that I can comfortably walk in them, but I'm aware that there's a slightly bigger gap than intended at the back.

Apart from that, they are great sandals. Really comfortable with a good thick sole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love them, 21 Nov. 2014
Great sandles, and offer fab support. I wish I'd ordered them in bronze tho as the black is pretty dark when there are lots of straps across feet therefore not ideal with summer coloured clothes. Super comfy tho. Reccomend them to anyone, they fit better, stay on better and support feet better than flip flops (although I do love my haviannas and wear these lots too).

Great for going for longer walks in the summer, and seem well made. Had them 2 summers so far and still going strong :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!, 7 Feb. 2015
Having read a lot of reviews reference sizing I managed to order the correct size for me which was a 6N (I'm normally a ladies 7). These are my first pair of Birkenstocks and like many other people.I have to say I think they are my first of many pairs. Finding a good quality sandal, with good foot support and that are comfortable. For me is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack! These are amazing! Especially for the price. I can't recommend enough! I'm 100% a Birkenstocks fan - for life!