5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable
Published on 11 Oct. 2012 by disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, 30 Mar. 2009
Mary Barkess "Gizmocat" (Wolverhampton,UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this radio on the strength of the Roberts name and the three reviews on this page. I was not disappointed. It's a cracking radio,solidly built with a great sound. Its easy to use,and has two possible power sources.You can use the mains adaptor or batteries,either rechargable(the radio will recharge them when not in use)or the ordinary alkaline.You just have to move a small switch to tell the radio which type of battery you are using. It tunes into all DAB stations when you first switch it on and its a simple job to store up to six channels, and also with the FM band.
Excellent radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little radio, 20 July 2009
Mrs. J. M. Whiteford (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roberts ECO1BK Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Digital Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black (Electronics)
received this in time to listen to five live sport for the golf and cricket.
Superb battery lasting power and really convenient not having to remove batteries to charge them and great signal and sound. Does everything I was looking for as I wanted a portable radio as can easily listen to radio stations on television at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecologic 1, 4 Jan. 2009
Richard Montagu "Greybeard" (Glastonbury, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a small DAB radio with good reception and output and this is just what I've got. It provides excellent coverage with virtually no aerial extension where we live in Somerset and has performed equally well on a caravan site in south Devon. Simple to use and does most of the hard work for you. I like the idea of using rechargeable batteries and having them recharged, in situ, by just using the mains transformer from time to time. What would I have liked - an alarm function, but I knew it didn't have it, so this is just me being greedy. For anyone lookling for a small, portable DAB radio with great performance, look no further.Roberts Ecologic 1 DAB/FM RDS Radio with built-in AA charger

5.0 out of 5 stars My first DAB Radio, 7 Dec. 2010
I did a lot or research before buying this as I have always thought that DAB radios were expensive but I decided that I wanted a small portable radio to listen to in my home office but could be taken with me on trips away.
I looked at a number of different types, mainly Roberts and Pure, and having listened to some of them I thought the Roberts had a better sound and build quality. I went for the Ecologic 1 as it was nice and small and would run off AA batteries including rechargeable ones, charged by the in built charger.
I have had the radio for 2 weeks now and could not be more pleased. The reception is excellent and the sound quality is really good too considering it is only a 0.5 watt speaker.
It is well built and easy to use. It charged my well used 2000mah rechargeable batteries from flat to fully charged in about 4 to 5 hours and they lasted about 16.5 hours over 10 days. My only complaint is that you only get 1 or 2 flashes of the battery warning light before the thing dies so I have ordered some more rechargeable batteries Duracell Supreme AA 2450mAh Rechargeable Pack of 4 Batteries to have a spare set with me when I travel. Make sure you change the switch in the battery compartment to the type of batteries you are using, i.e. rechargeable or alkaline.
I would thoroughly recommend this radio as I am very pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, 11 Oct. 2012
The sound quality was fine. However, 13 months after purchase, the on-off button began to function very erratically; sometimes it would work normally, at other times it failed to switch the radio on. It is disappointing that this radio functioned for only 13 months, and was consequently out of warranty. I paid £52 for the radio; the cost of repair by the manufacturer would be about £45 including postage. Roberts radios have a good reputation, but I am reluctant to buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased, 26 Dec. 2008
Coach (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
I was extremely pleased with this as a Christmas gift to replace the long-serving FM/LW radio in my kitchen. The reception had never been brill and microwave and other electric items in the kitchen rendered it inaudible. This Roberts is light years ahead of the old one. The sound is great; it is simple to operate; it is mains and rechargeable-battery operated and still has the option of FM Band. FM is still useful as I can used it to pick up local stations which digital cannot get (I want Radio Stoke from 45 miles away!)
This radio is priced less that my first DAB radio, 50 quid as opposed to 80 quid. It has extra features and 6 presets for each band giving 12 in total - ample for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous tiny DAB radio, 16 Feb. 2009
I bought this without seeing it, which was a bit of a risk - but it is just brilliant. It's really small so hardly takes up any room in my rather tiny kitchen, has amazingly good sound, AND it charges its own batteries while it's plugged into the mains. I like this feature as it means the batteries are always ready - I like having mine in the bathroom when I'm having a soak in the bath. It's also easy to use - which is good as I'm not very patient with new electronic objects!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 24 April 2009
This was my very first DAB radio, and I have to say I was blown away. Most people had recommended a Pure Evoke, but there was something about the Roberts that appealed to me. Sure, theres a lot of plastic, but its actually very well made (as you'd expect from Roberts) and the sound quality is amazing. I purchased this for the cricket and its almost as if I'm sitting in Lords! For the money, this is an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Radio, 7 Jun. 2009
I have bought two of these radios - the first for my ex-wife as a Christmas present because FM reception was so bad - and the second for me because she and I were so impressed with it. Reception is excellent. It is small and easy to carry around. It's easy to use. But what sold this particular model for me was the built in charger that allows me to use rechargable batteries without having to keep another set already charged. Most DBA radios are either mains only or require rechargables to be swapped out to charge. My only qubble is I wish it had more presets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roberts DAB Radio, 4 Sept. 2009
A. E. Hames (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
Roberts radios previously purchased have been of the highest quality and this has ensured that I look again at their range for a portable model.
The Ecologic 1 model seemed to meet my requirements as this was either mains or battery operated and the batteries were indicated as being recharged when mains connected.
It was received very quickly and has performed well so far as operation and reception are concerned.
The only caveat is that it is not immediately clear from the item description that the set of batteries are not included and subsequently in use I have found that the duration of operation on battery power is not as long as I had expected.
Overall I am pleased with my new purchase.