on 20 January 2011
I shoot RAW images almost exclusively and invariably post process them in Lightroom and Photoshop. Therefore white balance can always be corrected by the software. However, it's a fairly time consuming process when tens or hundreds of images are concerned and I'd prefer to get a good idea of how realistic my colours are in the initial thumbnail previews.

The main advantages of this product are that it's totally accurate and reliable, and easy to carry around and access when needed. I think the adhesive label that another reviewer went to great pains to remove was intended for focusing purposes, presumably where portraits are concerned, although I doubt I'll often use it as such.

Well made and reasonably priced. I am totally satisfied by my purchase.
on 26 May 2011
The perfect size to slip-in to the case of a compact camera and being plastic they are water-resistant and wipe-clean.

I'm pleased with this purchase: white balance and exposure can be quickly set when out and about, when previously I would not have had a grey card handy. My images are much better exposed as a result.

One mark off for the ridiculously large lanyard, though, which is cumbersome. Thankfully I had a spare Canon wrist-strap handy which is the perfect size for binding the cards.

September update
---------

Unfortunately the grey and black cards are beginning to show signs of wear.

Their tone surfaces are laminated onto a white core card and where the cards rub together when stored the grey and black surfaces are wearing-through and revealing the white core, leading to a mottled appearance ( I've attached a photo to the product gallery ). It's not yet sufficient to affect metering but is disappointing.
review image
on 26 January 2011
Ok, so the price will have you thinking this is no pro kit, but don't be fooled. Although not as good as say X-Rite kit, it works very well, and you can't argue with the price. This is an essential piece of kit for anyone wanting to control their shooting environment and control the WB - especially in post processing. The grey has given me excellent results with my white balance, a very natural colour that was better than the presets in my software (Capture One) and the white and black cards give that little bit of extra control. Someone else mentioned the sticker and that it was hard to take off - that's because you're not supposed to according to the instructions - it's there as a focusing tool if you need it.
on 23 June 2016
Spoiled by the white balance being off, to me.

These are supplied with a well-fitting bag to keep safe from scratches etc, and a lanyard which can be unclipped quite easily. Personally I wouldn't use the lanyard but I can see the use for some.

For me, the cards were let down by their fundamental purpose; the white balance. Every picture I used these with seemed to end up looking too warm, so ultimately I just can't trust them. I ended up buying one from another brand which I am happy with.
on 31 January 2015
Very good, thick plastic cards. Always handy to have for that perfect colour when shooting in various locations. I've never trusted camera's auto white balance, they never seem to get it right so this is ideal to keep in your camera bag. Small but perfectly formed, just take a photo of it in the light thats available and then when your post processing use it as your datum point for white balance.
on 6 July 2013
This is what every photographer needs, it's a great little package with three cards, they are compact so easily stored in any bag. The clip makes it easy to detach a card when required and the neck strap can keep them close to hand when shooting.
on 13 February 2014
I had a set of these cards before, about 9 months or so ago and they yielded very, very good results considering their price. I sold all my equipment but now i'm doing photography again so thought i'd order some more seeing as I got such good results back then with the first set I had.
on 15 May 2013
Great value for money and made to a very high standard. I was very surprised with the products quality and build for the money; and the difference this item has made to my photography. I teach photography at a club and I do promote this item as a must have.
on 13 December 2012
What you see is what you get - Nice credit card sized cards that fit nicely in my bag.
Have used these in photoshop to set white balance on studio shoots & i can report that
they render colour perfectly.
Here's a realy simple tutorial if you dont know how to use these in PS
Simply copy & paste the following sentence into google
( How To Balance Colours Using A Grey Card Within Photoshop )
Highly recommend this product!!
on 20 December 2010
I am totally pleased with the product and would recommend this to anyone, the delivery service received from Amazon was second to none.