4.0 out of 5 stars Looking back at 25 years of pop excellence....
Here it is, the NOW series' "greatest hits" if you may...

Published on 1 Nov 2008 by Mr. MusicMan

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonable selection
Yes, there are a good few that I like on this album. So for selfish reasons, I have no problems with this collection.

However, this is not, by any means, a representative cross section of 25 years. Decent material perhaps, but very little from recent times. So, once again it comes down to personal taste.

With 25 years material to choose from, this...
Published on 30 May 2012 by Red Rose

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking back at 25 years of pop excellence...., 1 Nov 2008
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
Here it is, the NOW series' "greatest hits" if you may...

I am sure it was a difficult process picking the songs for such a milestone collection. You can not please everyone and there will be dozens of songs people will feel should have been there. Perhaps a 4 or 5 CD collection would have been a better idea to cover such a long period of hits. It seems that each CD in the collection is devoted to one decade of music, which is not a bad idea. But why not have the songs in their chronological order while you're at it?

To comment on the songs that are on it they are sure to bring back memories for people growing up in the 80s and the 90s. Most of the songs on here have become modern classics, the type of songs everyone will know by just looking at the title. Yet there are a handful of songs here I hadn't previously heard.

However, certain artists who were big during the last 25 years have been mysteriously omitted, like: Whitney Houston, Madonna (none of her songs have ever appeared on a NOW collection - possibly due to copyright issues), Prince, Mariah Carey, Meat Loaf, Cyndi Lauper, Celine Dion, Elton John, Janet Jackson...

My personal highlights on this CD are: "Every Breath You Take", "Thriller", "Chain Reaction", "It's A Sin", "Love Is All Around", "Wannabe", "It Must Have Been Love", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "You're Beautiful", "Patience" and "You Raise Me Up". These songs alone are worth the purchase. To have all these 60 handpicked gems in one collection is really nice, and it is so beautifully presented as well. A must have for any collector of the NOW series.

4.0 out of 5 stars genuine for car travels, 15 Feb 2009
Jean Pierre Benoni (Paris France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
I bought this box in order to keep it in my car and to be sure to get the possibility to listen to great music when I am bored by radio channels and I am satisfied.

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonable selection, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)

With 25 years material to choose from, this could of, and should of, been an album of epic proportions, but is isn't. Checkout the play list form yourself, it might be want you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Buy" CD!, 3 May 2009
Reddhead (Looe, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
In a household of three generations, 11 years to 60-something, this collection of songs has something for everyone. Highly recommended by everyone except the dog (because he can't stand us singing along...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it really that long !, 2 Dec 2008
Fletch-a-sketch "Fletch" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
With The Now series you know what you are going to get, a collection of great and not so great pop tunes which have graced the charts, in this case over the last 25 years. Now 25 years is a collection 60 tunes over 3 CD's which have done exactly that. Can you have a favourite yes, are you going to like everything probably not but pop fans can buy knowing that this is going to offer variety and top ten tunes for every occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW 25 YEARS, 14 Aug 2009
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
REALLY ENJOY THIS CD I DO ALL THE HOUSEWORK TO THIS ,I NEVER GET SICK OF LISTENING TO IT JUST GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it!, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
Apart from the obvious nostalgia trip from this CD, I have to say that the selection of tracks were superb, even on the third disc, which is more up to date for a '40+' person like myself!
Usually on the 'now that's what I call' annual discs, there are a few tracks you have never heard of before, and maybe have to skip over to get to the well known stuff, but this deserves a complete play through of all three discs,one after the other, to get the full effect. Sit back and enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music, 11 Jun 2009
A. Benge "Literatura" (Luanda , Lda AO) - See all my reviews
Now That`s What I Call 25 Years

Great music

well compilations,very great,very chosen
I have hear everydays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now That's what I Call Music! 25 years, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
Very good value. Plenty of mixes, enjoyed this cd very much. I enjoyed 2,3 more than side 1. A definite car journey must and has already been played numerous times. Would recommend "Now Thats What I call Music! 25 years"

5.0 out of 5 stars Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years, 28 Mar 2011
MISS Stowell (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years (Audio CD)
Great tracks and CD. Frist couple of tracks on 3rd CD jump :-( Which was dissapointing.
Great service though!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years
Now That's What I Call Music! 25 Years by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)