4.0 out of 5 stars VFM
Exactly what the product says: hard plastic, not steel. Easy assembly. Compact. Only negative comment is the screws take sometime to put on and remove, so sometimes I don't bother, esp with lighter weights
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by W. Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic covered weights
I guess this is my fault cause I didn't see it saying it was plastic covered, or lack of experience, but that make the weights too big (not heavy, big) so you can't put more than say, 36 kilos in the bar, which suck. Other than that is good, reliable, look better than weights in the gym and don't destroy your floor in case of falling by accident
Published 17 months ago by Piero Leonardo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars VFM, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: Pure Fitness & Sports 50kg Weight Set with Straight Barbell & Dumbells Vinyl (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Weights, 21 Sep 2010
S. Bokhari "Shan" (England) - See all my reviews
I am really happy with these. They arrived in less than 2 working days via 'Standard' Delivery and Came neatly packed in 3 boxes: The bar and then 2 boxes for the weights. All labeled with the appropriate precautionary instructions with regard to the weight of the items. The bar can be loaded up to the full 47.5 kg and the bar is sturdy steel and so far the spinlock bars seem to hold fast. Similar story with the two smaller dumbell bars; great for bicep curls since my old York set could only take 10kg per arm. I got good value for what I paid for, I fell ill with something rather sinister a couple of years ago and my muscles became weak. Since then I have been doing gentle exercises with physiotherapists who now say it may be time for me to get back to some of the heavy stuff and I think this set is going to be ideal. It is great value for money and a solid product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For Money That Do The Job Exceptionally!!!!, 15 Oct 2009
PURE FITNESS & SPORTS 50KG VINYL WEIGHT SET WITH SPINLOCK BAR

....I walked out of my over-priced gym in disgust.

The service & facilities were way too sub-standard for the monthly fee i was paying. It occurred to me that home ( I have two!) was were the heart, blood & sweat should be.

So for the price of way under two months gym membership, i purchased two sets. One for my place and one for my fiancees and it was an inspired move!!!.

The long dumbell bars make behind the head and back of the neck bicep training ideal. The grips are comfortable & durable...not a combanation you get often.

The spinlock bar is long and ideal for me ( being 6ft 3" & broad). Front thrusts and behind the back lifts are effortless.

The weights slide onto the bars without a single issue.

One ( Very) minor issue is that the plastic weight collars can work a little loose, if not tightened correctly. You got to be on the ball when changing weights.

But don't let that detract you from purchasing an all round, excellent, value for money product.

Excellent: AAAAAA+++++++

4.0 out of 5 stars M2012, 7 July 2012
A really good basic set of weights. Delivery was quick and they were packaged well. Easy to tighten and a good weight stack

5.0 out of 5 stars weights, 17 Mar 2014
I would recommend this product , it is well made and arrived on time.excellent quality , I should look like Rocky soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, 10 Nov 2010
Mr. M. Zorba (london uk) - See all my reviews
The product is good but the price is a little expensive.

Worth the buy but i'm sure theres cheaper out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 Jun 2014
Just what I wanted and it arrived quickly too! Strong, sturdy and well worth the money. A lovely present for my son in law.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 May 2014
So easy to assemble.....
So easy to use.......
No noise of clanging metal weights.......
Just a great product which I am getting lots of use from...
Thanks !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, 14 Mar 2014
I love the plastic weights and the bars fit perfectly around my hands, I would definitely recommend this product w

5.0 out of 5 stars I like them., 7 Feb 2014
Comfortable and quiet to use. The strong vinyl coating make them a very pleasing product and look great. I recommend them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›