5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for connecting to the internet
I have been using this weather station for the last month and have been really impressed with it, particularly for the price.

Published 22 months ago by S. Gale

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Good
Wife bought me this for last Christmas. In February the wind speed rotary packed in - seized solid.
In March the wind direction rotary followed suit.
In July, probably brought on by the high temperatures in South London, the temperature function decided to add 10 degrees Celsius to the actual temp.

Tried to find out from the manufacturers website what...
Published 15 months ago by Ian Stewart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for connecting to the internet, 6 Feb 2013
S. Gale "Stephen Gale" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weathereye WEA22 Indoor/ Outdoor Electronic Weather Station with Wind and Rain Sensors (Garden & Outdoors)

I had no trouble putting the external sensors together and the base station found the sensors straightaway over wireless. I have used other weather stations in the past and this has often been an issue. However, I haven't experienced any issues in the last month of using it. So far, so good.

The touchscreen unit works well and it was very easy to configure. It took 10 minutes to set it up. However, it really comes into it's own when connected to a PC. This is easily achieved via USB. Unlike some of the other weather stations, this comes with a USB connection as standard (no additional hardware or costs required).

The PC software that comes with the unit is OK, but I opted to use Cummulus [...] that is free to download and comes with an in-built FTP capability that means that you can post the weather station data to your website. You can also download page templates for Cummulus that further cusotmises your online weather site. It only took me a couple of hours to set up and now I have a set of pages where the data is updated online every 5 minutes. However, the wind speed and wind direction are updated every 30 seconds. This has proved very popular with friends and family.

The data from the weather station has been surprisingly accurate. I do have a reservation about the accuracy of the wind speed and wind direction, but this is due to the poor placement of the external sensors - I suspect they would benefit from being sited away from any interference from surrounding trees/buildings. But this is more about the placement than the device itself.

All in all, a great product. Accurate, easy to set up and with some great features for publishing online data.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Good, 14 Sep 2013
Ian Stewart (London UK) - See all my reviews
In March the wind direction rotary followed suit.

Tried to find out from the manufacturers website what had happened but my German isn't that good and no reply to my emails.

When it worked it was a good gadget and the functions that remain, basically the barometer, still seems to be fairly accurate.

I wouldn't replace this with a like-for-like I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wieless Weather Forecaster., 19 Dec 2013
Smooth Rider. (Derby/Nottingham.) - See all my reviews
I bought a strangly similar looking weather station to this one about 2 to 3 years ago, the only difference I can see is the name on it.
My weather station has been set up and working constantly from the moment I bought it and been in some serious weather conditions, around my house it gets pretty windy and is almost like a wind tunnel most of the time and just over a year ago I recorded an outside temperature of -15c.
I have found the indoor display very easy to use and read and only replaced the batteries once, the outdoor sensors I haven't replaced the batteries at all as yet!
I found the product quality pretty good and easy to set up with straight foreward plug connections.
The only problem I have had, which has started recently is that the rain gauge has stopped recording for some strange reason, yet it still works when I try it manually!
I would buy this one again, which I bought from a high street electrical store for a slightly lower price.
I would remind buyers though to confirm the orientation of the outdoor sensors when fitting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars How the please the man who has everything, 3 Feb 2013
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he is over the moon with it. A month later and both of us,
plus the kids and grandkids when they visit, are always tapping it and checking on the temperature.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly engineered, poor display., 4 Oct 2013
D. R. Kirkby (the UK) - See all my reviews
The indoor unit has a touch sensitive display. If you look on the Amazon web site, or on the box this is packaged in, you will see a nice clear display, with dark black letters/numbers, a very light background, so a high contrast display. Unfortunately, the actual display is of much poorer quality, with a low contrast. Compared to the ClimetMET unit I have, which costs less than half the amount, but does not measure wind or rain, the display on this unit is very poor indeed.

The box has the word "professional" written on it. Given the price, I did not expect a truly professional unit, but I was amazed at how poorly constructed it was. The rain and wind sensors plug into an external unit that is battery powered. The plugs/sockets are the same as used on telephones, so are not designed for external use. Everything is designed as cheap as possible, and I would have little confidence the external items would last long.

I requested a refund, and then tried to do the refund and found I was expected to pay the postage. I then telephoned the supplier (The UK Weather Store), to complain about this. They blamed the way Amazon work, and promised to refund the carriage costs, so I will book UPS (my preferred courier) to pick this up and send it back, and they said they will refund me if I sent proof what it cost me.

What I found annoying is The UK Weather Store were aware of the poor contrast ratio of the display, and pointed out to me there was no adjustment. They pointed out it gets even worst if you look at an angle. I'd not noticed that, but since it was so poor, I never tried fixing it up to use.

Apparently they are trying to find a better model, and admit the picture on the Amazon site and the box is not accurate. When I asked why do they sell it on Amazon with that picture, they tell they did not put the picture, and have no control over it. Since Amazon don't allow duplicate listings, they can't create another listing. Although the lady was very pleasant about it, I can't help feeling The UK Weather Store could do something about it. They could either report to Amazon the picture is not accurate, create a listing with a title sufficiently different that Amazon don't think it is a duplicate. (I've done this on eBay myself, so I suspect it can be done on Amazon), or if none of that works, they should not sell an item where the actual pictures on Amazon are not real, and they know that.

So overall, a very poor quality unit, with a poor display, and a seller that is aware of the problem of poor display contrast, but still continues to sell the item on amazon with a picture they know is not accurate.

Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars Weather-Eye radio controlled weather station, 4 May 2011
This is a great device and has given me great data for the past 2 years. The PC software does let it down a little as it is not very flexible, but you can always download the data and use Excel to process it. My biggest dissapointment is the manual which if fine as far as it goes but is very basic. It does not cover common problems which can be frustrating. I have yet to discover how to zeroise total rainfall and max wind speed data. The rain is specially irritating as I like to monitor on an annual basis. Otherwise an excallent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Weather Station, 11 July 2013
J. Nicholson (UK) - See all my reviews
A great weather station for sad people like me who like to monitor local conditions. Easy to connect to my computer and upload data to Weather Underground. Sad or what!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Weathereye review, 28 April 2013
It is ok when it is working, but seems to have a mind of it's own. Not easy to transfer data to PC

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 31 Oct 2013
Poor design as the temperature cover flew off in the first gale. The display is pathetic in that it is hard to read unless one gets to the right angle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weathereye WEA22, 22 Jan 2014
N. Parish (UK) - See all my reviews
On first impression the weather station looked good, it was set up using the instructions and looked fine; then things went wrong. Overnight, the weather station would default to a time which wasn't anywhere in Europe and with the default setting the date NEVER changed, a 'groundhog experience'. Regardless of how the station was set it always defaulted to the wrong date and time. The last straw was when after two very wet Scottish nights the rain gauge registered ZERO.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›