on 3 December 2011
I agree with a previous reviewer that the measurements are extremely feint but this isn't too much of a problem considering that the original beaker, which came with the blender a few years ago, didn't have any measurements at all.

I use my braun every day at least once and the beaker is the ideal mixing medium for very liquid mixes - use an ordinary bowl and you're likely to end up with milkshake, Yorkshire pudding batter etc. all over the kitchen and all over yourself. Use one of these deep beakers and it stays where it's supposed to and mixes well. My original beaker is still going strong after a number of years, this second one has been purchased as a back-up. The quality appears to be the same but only time will tell.

I also use this beaker with my bamix and Kenwood stick blender - it's a good fit for them all.

The one thing I would really like to have is a lid so that I could store left-overs in the fridge without air getting to them.
on 4 July 2012
I ordered this as a replacement for a 500 ml beaker I broke. Although this is labelled as a 500 ml beaker, it is in fact a 600 ml beaker. It was not the one I really wanted (500ml) but ordered it as I could not track down the one for my blender. However it is a Braun beaker and is satisfactory but the graduations on the side are difficult to read as they are etched onto the beaker but not coloured so as to be able to read them clearly. My old one had the graduations in black and were very easy to read.
on 16 February 2012
Another reviewer mentioned the problem with the volume indicators being difficult to read and I've also found that I have to hold the beaker up to the window to measure fluid. Other than that, it is standing up to being used on a daily basis. I have a Bamix blender which has defeated less robust products so I am very pleased with that aspect of the item. It would have had 5 stars but for the problem mentioned.
on 22 February 2012
I bought two of these beakers to use with my braun hand blender a few months ago. One broke almost immediately and the other one lasted only a couple of months. It seemed as if the blender blades somehow caught on the slightly raised shaping on the inside bottom of the beaker, slicing off bits of plastic. A poor design, in my opinion.
on 15 January 2010
This is fine as a pot in which to stick the hand blender, but irritating that the measurements down the side of the pot are so faint.
on 2 April 2014
Perfect fit for ancient Souperlator.
I think ours is at least ten years old, if not fifteen and was called a Multi-prac. One of the first stick blenders on the market. The original beaker was used only for mixing up small quantities of spices for curries. It has served us well but recently cracked badly.
We tried various jugs and plastic beakers but found that this real Braun product was just the ticket.
on 7 December 2013
Brought because my Braun hand blender's beaker was all fractured up the sides and leaking when used. I 'm delighted with this new beaker, it's slightly taller and wider than the old one, it holds more liquid and helps me to blend foods much better than before. It's win win situation. i can highly recommend it to any one who wants a replacement beaker.
on 7 May 2013
Really impressed, did not pay for delivery but the beaker arrived the next morning. From reading the reviews, I expected the beaker to be bigger than my old one supplied with my mixer, but it was the same size, so the lid from my old one fitted the new beaker (not supplied)
on 13 March 2016
Very pleased with the beaker. Larger than the original, but still fits neatly below the blender. Much better for a quick smoothie - more volume.
Volume markings reasonably clear too.
on 6 April 2014
I love this beaker, although it now doesn't come with the cover my old one had. But I can use the old one. It is quite expensive for what it is.

See one answered question