Size: 3 mm Thickness|Style Name: Medium|Change

on 9 November 2010
The product itself, the mat has a high build quality and a very generous size, huge, in fact... it reads 400 x 320 mm on the packaging.
I can tell you it isn't going to slip, even if you try pushing it sideways, the mat doesn't move.

The mat is very consistent, in terms of both resistance (or friction between the mouse and the mat) and quality. Not much to say about it being having this product no more for than 60 minutes...

The packaging... I would say it's trash. It uses some form of hard but brittle clear plastic, even though it was wrapped around with a sheet of multilayer, very durable sheet of plastic with a bit of duct tape securing the ends.
The package (the box protecting the mat) was already broken in the inside before it arrives and continues to shatter as I attempt to open it.
Keep away from children, LOL... the harden yet brittle plastic isn't the greatest in terms of child ingestion system. Just beware of that you might hurt yourself when opening the box.

In conclusion, as a student / casual gamer, it is a very promising yet cheap product. The only thing wrong with the product is the packaging, but this is not the distributor's fault, it's roccat's the use of hard and brittle plastic is so no so user friendly. Also, the packaging isn't really designed to be reused, as a rather frequent traveler like myself (I am an oversea student from HK and studying the Newcastle University at the moment) isn't so ideal.
Improvements for Roccat, the packaging, reusable packaging wouldn't be that hard to design nor it would cost more. The product is very nice, what would be better is that if the packaging is better.
I shall upload some photos taken wild I "unbox" the product.
review image review image review image review image
on 7 June 2015
Good quality large mouse mat. My optical mouse glides over it with ease reducing the build of RSI pain in my arm after long hours of use. I often go to other peoples desks to use a mouse and I am horrified by the amount of pressure or muscle power people have to use to move a mouse around. Use this and it feels like you pushing a feather. Strongly recommend for anybody with pain in their wrist/arm through sitting at a desk for long hours with a mouse and for those who are building up a problem they don't yet realise will hit them through bad mouse/moue mat ergonomics.
on 28 July 2015
I've had the taito for 4 years and it finally needed replacing. This is a perfect new generation for it! The surface is much better, as well as the rubber grip. I'm also glad they stitched the edge as the old gen edge got ruined very quickly.
on 11 April 2015
I'm a big fan of Roccat products, having used the Kave headset in the past, and am currently using the Isku keyboard and Kova+ mouse along with this mouse mat. It's thin, so the mouse glides across it effortlessly. The surface is really smooth and durable too. The bottom surface is rubbery and stays in place most of the time. I've been in intense situations in games where it has moved and when I get a free moment I've needed to re-adjust the position of the mat.. but that's no problem!

If you're used to standard issue mouse mats that come with PCs or graphics cards, then you're in for a shock as this will be much bigger than you may have thought. But in my experience, the more room to move your mouse on the better!

It does the job it's meant to do, so therefore would recommend!
on 30 June 2016
Bought his via Amazon warehouse and whilst 5mm may not sound a lot...it's actually quite chunky in terms of thickness.

However it's perfect for me at work as itacts as a small wrist rest and my MX Master tracks true and effortlessly on it.
on 8 December 2015
This is quite large so I cut it down and got another useable mat out of it to for my travel laptop. The material is nice, reminds me of wetsuit material, soft with a rubber backing. Very flexible, so I let it hang over the edge of my rough wooden desk as a smoother guide for the mouse cable as my cable is braided and catches.
on 31 October 2015
My favourite mousepad, very good tracking while sliding pretty easily, soft / smooth surface.
This is my second Roccat Taito. After 2-3yrs my old Taito had the edges a worn out. But still 5 Stars, I have not had a better mousepad to date.
on 19 April 2013
Quick pointers.

Info
- Speedy glide with a slight resistance, good for high sensitive gamers that like snap precision.
- Big, massive, gigantic!... it's big.
- rubber back, will not move on most surfaces.

Pros
- Cheap for the size and quality.
- It's ******* massive!
- perfect glide with all mice I tested with it.
- The glide is just how I like it, ultra fast but very slight resistance.

Cons
- Almost, almost, nearly.... too big :D
- The text on the bottom right of the mat is not weaved into it, its printed embossed ink.
- This is a previous generation mat, so it will fray at the edges.
- The packaging will cut you as you open it, this really disappointed me.
- The smell of the actual mat is like 5 week old rotting seals, sweet chemical smell... awful.

Conclusion
Fantastic valve for money, buy it! *sniff sniff*
on 6 April 2015
Works like a charm with my Roccat Kone XTD, sticks to my glossy wooden desk very well, recommended.
Note: the edges do fray a little at first, but after a week or so of use this stops and no damage to the actual mouse mat is caused, I think it's just excess material from manufacturing.
on 10 October 2009
Hi,

I purchased this mouse mat to compliment my new Razer Deathadder.

It is very thin, about 3mm, and is about the size of A3 paper. It is large enough for unrestricted mouse movements.

It is jet black except for the logo, and goes well with my Deathadders blue lights. The description says its shiny, but it is more matt than shiny.

The backing is very grippy and stays put on your desk very well.

The surface is a cloth type surface, with a very fine weave. My mouse glides around very smoothly, with just the sligtest hint of grip. This trait is unique to cloth mats, and I actually prefere it over hard mats, which I sometimes find are too smooth, with even the slightest virbration in your arm, or muscle twitch will move the mouse.

The tracking of the laser on my mouse is very smooth, with no jerky cursor movements or anything like that.

It can easily be rolled up and put back in the box, or a tube for traveling, and rolls out completely flat almost straight away. But please take it out of the box carefully using the perforation on the back, as this will leave a nice hole for you to put it back in. I was too excited and just ripped the packaging right open, leaving me with a mess on the floor, and nowhere to store my nice new mat.

If I had to mention one bad point, it is this. The edges of the mat are slighty rough, from where the mat has been cut when it was made. It sometimes itches my wrist or forearm, but only slightly, but honestly, I don't really notice it.

Overall, I would really recommend this mouse mat. 5 Stars.

See one answered question