Size: 3 mm Thickness|Style Name: Medium|Change

on 9 November 2010
The product itself, the mat has a high build quality and a very generous size, huge, in fact... it reads 400 x 320 mm on the packaging.
I can tell you it isn't going to slip, even if you try pushing it sideways, the mat doesn't move.

The mat is very consistent, in terms of both resistance (or friction between the mouse and the mat) and quality. Not much to say about it being having this product no more for than 60 minutes...

The packaging... I would say it's trash. It uses some form of hard but brittle clear plastic, even though it was wrapped around with a sheet of multilayer, very durable sheet of plastic with a bit of duct tape securing the ends.
The package (the box protecting the mat) was already broken in the inside before it arrives and continues to shatter as I attempt to open it.
Keep away from children, LOL... the harden yet brittle plastic isn't the greatest in terms of child ingestion system. Just beware of that you might hurt yourself when opening the box.

In conclusion, as a student / casual gamer, it is a very promising yet cheap product. The only thing wrong with the product is the packaging, but this is not the distributor's fault, it's roccat's the use of hard and brittle plastic is so no so user friendly. Also, the packaging isn't really designed to be reused, as a rather frequent traveler like myself (I am an oversea student from HK and studying the Newcastle University at the moment) isn't so ideal.
Improvements for Roccat, the packaging, reusable packaging wouldn't be that hard to design nor it would cost more. The product is very nice, what would be better is that if the packaging is better.
I shall upload some photos taken wild I "unbox" the product.
review image review image review image review image
on 19 April 2013
Quick pointers.

Info
- Speedy glide with a slight resistance, good for high sensitive gamers that like snap precision.
- Big, massive, gigantic!... it's big.
- rubber back, will not move on most surfaces.

Pros
- Cheap for the size and quality.
- It's ******* massive!
- perfect glide with all mice I tested with it.
- The glide is just how I like it, ultra fast but very slight resistance.

Cons
- Almost, almost, nearly.... too big :D
- The text on the bottom right of the mat is not weaved into it, its printed embossed ink.
- This is a previous generation mat, so it will fray at the edges.
- The packaging will cut you as you open it, this really disappointed me.
- The smell of the actual mat is like 5 week old rotting seals, sweet chemical smell... awful.

Conclusion
Fantastic valve for money, buy it! *sniff sniff*
on 24 May 2010
This mousepad is great. I cannot compare it to its much more expensive competitors but I don't see how you could improve it. It is thin but still comfortable for your hand and the mouse glides with very very low friction. It is relatively big which I like as well. The only possible criticism would concern the edges which don't seem too solid but so far I cannot complain. It smells really bad when using it for the first few days. I would buy it again.
on 12 January 2010
Works like a charm with my razer diamondback, very smooth, precise movement.
The grip on the back is perfecct, so far the best cloth mouse mat ive seen.
on 7 December 2011
This is an excellent mouse pad. Since it is "cloth", it has a great feeling of control. the used material is perfect, i use them for 2 years, and its the best mousepad i ever owned, and i tried all the major brands. best value, best mousepad ever. and i've owned dozens over 15 years of first person shooters.

recommended!
on 25 November 2010
Brilliant mouse mat, do not regret purchase at all. Stays in great condition, great surface for any mouse and very comfortable. Stays in position, does not go out of shape, and does not irritate/scratch the wrist. Best of all, cheaper than the equivalent razor pads.
on 10 October 2009
Hi,

I purchased this mouse mat to compliment my new Razer Deathadder.

It is very thin, about 3mm, and is about the size of A3 paper. It is large enough for unrestricted mouse movements.

It is jet black except for the logo, and goes well with my Deathadders blue lights. The description says its shiny, but it is more matt than shiny.

The backing is very grippy and stays put on your desk very well.

The surface is a cloth type surface, with a very fine weave. My mouse glides around very smoothly, with just the sligtest hint of grip. This trait is unique to cloth mats, and I actually prefere it over hard mats, which I sometimes find are too smooth, with even the slightest virbration in your arm, or muscle twitch will move the mouse.

The tracking of the laser on my mouse is very smooth, with no jerky cursor movements or anything like that.

It can easily be rolled up and put back in the box, or a tube for traveling, and rolls out completely flat almost straight away. But please take it out of the box carefully using the perforation on the back, as this will leave a nice hole for you to put it back in. I was too excited and just ripped the packaging right open, leaving me with a mess on the floor, and nowhere to store my nice new mat.

If I had to mention one bad point, it is this. The edges of the mat are slighty rough, from where the mat has been cut when it was made. It sometimes itches my wrist or forearm, but only slightly, but honestly, I don't really notice it.

Overall, I would really recommend this mouse mat. 5 Stars.
Size: 3 mm Thickness|Style Name: TAITO CONTROL|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The 'ROCCAT Taito Mid-Size Control Black Endurance Gaming Mousepad' is a 40 x 32cm gaming mat that is 3mm thick, 50% more than Roccat's own fairly basic Kanga Choice. The Taito mid-size is about 5cm wider and longer than the Kanga mid-size and so offers a greater playing area. Despite the relatively modest increase in size and thickness, there is a considerable difference in weight over and beyond that of Kanga - 380g (approx) vs 143g. The mat is more elaborately packed using a thick cello inner within the card outer. It is less intended for the occasional gamer than those who play regularly and for longer periods. As a gaming brand, Roccat is not as recognised as others but it is trying to compete with its more established competitors; sometimes it succeeds, but not always. This is considered a success.

Other than size, the Taito benefits from stitched edges to help prevent future fraying and a finer-grained fabric play surface. The mat's working surface, while also being smoother, will benefit those using mice offering 600DPI capabilites and beyond; 800-plus is probably the better choice. It will be no less usable with lower resolution mice, but some of its performance benefits will be lost. The Taito, and Roccat's other gaming mats, have serious competition from brands such as Razer and Logitech, the latter also strong within the gaming scene in addition to their standard ranges of products. Roccat may be better able to compete on price although there need not be an exact dimensional match between similar products from the various brands; some may be close in size and be of similar playing characteristics. Roccat claim to have tested all their gaming mats with several dozen gaming mice to prove compatability; others not used in their tests should also work well.

There is a 'King-size' version which is not only about an additional 5cm wider and deeper but also a couple of mm thicker. Regardless of play area, some users prefer a deeper base. The Taito Control is intended to provide a greater degree of in-play control than would most other comparably priced gaming mats and is effective. The mid-size version could support dual-player use and a single player will have more than ample space available. It will need a solid surface beneath as it is not self-supporting, but it has the weight to be very stable. It also appears to be sufficiently 'sticky' to be unlikely to move acciderntally.

With its relatively large playing area, reasonable price and very good performance, the Taito Control offers excellent value. Expectation was for its price to be higher, edging towards double the price and it is therefore very affordable. It probably offers the best performance for the price (+/- a few £) of any gaming mat yet seen. Before paying more for another brand's product, try this - you should be pleasantly surprised!
This is an amazing quality gaming mouse-mat, finished very nicely indeed. The edges of the mat are stitched around the edges in Roccat blue, and there's a 2-colour Roccat logo screen-printed in the corner and a Roccat patch stitched into the top left too. The celebrity endorsement on the packaging is from "Jankos" Jankowski, until recently a Jungler with Team Roccat.

The two important things with a mouse mat are the top and bottom surfaces. The top surface of this mat is a sort of black artificial fibre, that sticks up in lots of tiny spikes That give very good definition for the LED/LASER tracker in the mouse and (I would imagine) will also trap dirt away from the mouse sensor, so the mat performance shouldn't degrade over time. There's just enough friction to give a positive feel to your mouse movements without the mouse dragging (although this will be somewhat subjective and dependent on the glide surfaces on your mouse). The underside of the mat is a rubbery coating with a weave pattern embossed into it that sticks nicely to the desktop. The filling in the sandwich is about 3mm of resilient rubbery foam with a little give, that makes it comfortable for your wrist when you're doing precision work.

A word of warning: Roccat's idea of Mid-Size is my idea of Huge: 320 mm top to bottom is taller than a sheet of A4 paper. It works particularly well if you don't have a mouse that lets you flick easily from high to low DPI settings, or if you like low DPI settings; as I normally use very high DPI, it's a little larger than I really need.

But it is a gorgeous mouse mat.
on 8 November 2012
I usually prefer plastic/hard mouse pads as they tend to glide a bit more and some textiles can be very resistant to movement.

I wouldn't say I'm a high sensitivity user. I probably use about below average sensitivity for aim an for being a "mini" this certainly has even more space than I need.

I use it with my sharkoon fireglider and it tracks perfectly. The teflon feet work great on it and I get a perfect mixture of consistent glide and control which is what you want for precise aiming. While the logo looks nice and all it has a different texture but my mouse doesn't cross the are so it's no bother. I've only had it for a few days now but so far no issues with curling up edges and it' staying nice and flat.

I think some of the other brands that offer mousepads that are pretty much identical cost 2x 3x more are a waste of money. I speak of experience since I've had steel series, qpads etc and this works just as well.

The only thing I can't speak on is longevity. Whether it will develop inconsistent areas/texture changes from use quicker than more expensive mousepads I do not know. The other problem is flat mousepads can easily get frayed edges but I've seen no sign of it so far. Basically, if you get these texture changes from regular use it becomes useless. Since your aim will suffer due to random resistence of mouse movement.

What makes or breaks this product is how long it will stay as is. Because as is it's perfect 5/5. Nothing lasts forever but if it starts getting unusable due to prevously stated reasons within a month or two I would not recommend it- I will return and amend my rating.

For now it's perfect and despite being 3mm flat it actually offers comfort for your palm if you use finger grip technique. The size is perfect, this is coming from someone who prefers below average sensitivity. Buying any larger sizes than this is a waste of money unless you've some abnormally low sensitivity; having to move your mouse the length of your desk just to turn 90 degrees.

If my review is unchanged in 2 months then buy it. Personally I won't care if it starts becomming unusable in 4 months or so (I ue my momuse heavily) because the cost of this is so low.. but not low enough to have to replace it every month or two.

See one answered question