4.0 out of 5 stars SF4
Graphics (presentation)

Published on 21 July 2009 by GametimeUK

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to be any fun...
Published on 30 Nov 2010 by Wardo81

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to be any fun..., 30 Nov 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
Growing up back in the day I *loved* Street Fighter 2, and still hold it in very high regard. Sadly, i'm disappointed to say that the same cant be said about this version. Not that it's completely terrible, the graphics are fantastic and are really well done. It's especially satisfying to actually see the opponent wince in pain when you (eventually) land a killer finishing combo on them. The sound is standard Street Fighter fare too, some recognisable classics from the original remixed for a more modern audience. All of which should make for an enjoyable gaming experience right? Wrong, i'm afraid. Why? Well, it's the difficulty. It's just too damn hard to be any fun to play! I wouldn't call myself a complete novice in the gaming world, i'm certainly not number one, but when you have to set the game to 'easy' or 'very easy' to stand any kind of chance then something is wrong. When you get your rear served to you on a plate for the 30th time in a row by the computer, i've lost count of the amount of times i've almost put my TV through the window in frustration as a result!

The main perpetrator in all of this is the end boss, who frankly is a complete berkshire hunt. The first round you can usually beat quite easily and from the on you can kiss goodbye to getting a look-in in the final two rounds, where he goes on a teleporting, spinning piledriving, sonic booming frenzy faster than a 5 year old after 10 cans of Red Bull that will make you want to drop kick the entire game back into the eternal pit of fiery damnation from whence it came. Currently i've only managed to complete it with Ken, Ryu and Abel and after that... well I just don't think I can bring myself to go through the whole performance again.

2 player though is great, especially if its in real life as opposed to online. All the fond memories come flooding back as you trash talk your mate whist finishing him off with a flaming dragon punch is quite satisfying.

All in all, I would put this game in the category of 'alright'. It's not terrible and the graphics and animation are fantastic, however the sheer difficulty of the Arcade mode really limits the accessability of it to the casual gamer. I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it and thank God I borrowed it off a friend first before parting with my hard-earned.

Worth a rent for a boys night in maybe, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone with high blood pressure.

4.0 out of 5 stars SF4, 21 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Graphics (presentation)

Simply put this game is amazing in the visual department... The whole steroid look isnt for everyone but I think it compliments the fighters here... Backgrounds are nice and character animation is great... Runs smooth enough that you can react to your opponent and try to outplay him... Very well presented visuals and the sound is nice too... My only complaint is that the songs theme will stick in your head for the wrong reasons as it is constantly rammed into your ears throughout the menu...

Story

Pretty much NA... You get a brief cutscene upon starting your characters story and at the end its concluded with another... Nothing special... Anime fans may find some enjoyment from the scenes but for me this is a game about smacking your opponent up...

Gameplay

... And the gameplay certantly lets you smack your opponents about... The controls are super responsive... Its standard Street Fighter stuff... The learning curve eases you into the game nicely allowing you to ignore all the more advanced moves (focus attacks which let you absorb one hit and counter with your own for example) until you are ready to utilize them on harder difficulties or against tougher players... Its satisfying stuff really... As you can tell it controls like a 2D fighter...

As for game modes... Theres standard versus, your characters story, training and of course online... Online isnt the most reliable thing in the world for fighters... It requires split second timing... BUT the online mode on SF4 is VERY satisfying to play... It allows for unlockable titles to display on your profile for bragging rights... A new patch has recently become available which I have yet to download so I can not comment on it...

Overall

I recommend it to fighting fans who are both casual and hardcore... The game is THAT good... Some people swear by the arcade sticks too but I find the PS3 controller nice to use... Although you may want to invest into a stick especially if you want some training before you hit the arcades with your friends... Street Fighter is back in form with this one

1.0 out of 5 stars soul destroying, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
I was extremely excited to buy this game as i loved the originals. As a kid I had a bad temper when playing games, leading to broken controls and so on. As the years have passed, I have managed to gain much more control over this anger. However this game managed to re-release the dragon and I shoryukend the disk, As I pummeled the disk into the ground, I'm almost certain I heard the narrator shout KO. At that moment I looked at the disk that had once been one piece and I knew I had won this battle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but damn annoying, 13 Jan 2011
Ian Johnson "Ian" (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
Ok, so not being much of a SF boffin, (I have SF2 on the SNES) I decided to go ahead and buy this, here's my thoughts.

Graphics: 9/10
The graphics look good, they'd probably look better on a HD TV (I didn't have one at the time I bought it) everything looks clear and very nice.

Gameplay: 8/10
The gameplay (as far as I know) is similar to the other SF games, of course, trying to get a Hadouken to work and instead getting a Shoryuken was a bit frustrating, but overall it is a fairly adaptable game as I was able to get the basics down in a few days.

Difficulty: 2/10
The difficulty for this game is ridiculously programmed, half the time the game doesn't seem to know what you have it set on, and Seth is the biggest example of this. e.g playing on easy (I KNOW I SUCK) I made it to Seth, beat him first round and then second round COULD NOT beat him at all, he just goes crazy, it's like the game suddenly switches him to very hard.

Overall: 19/30
The game has it's good and bad points, unfortunately for me, it has more bad than good points. If the game designers had programmed the difficulty correctly then maybe I would've had the sanity to beat seth, but alas. I'd say give this game a go, but don't expect to finish it right away (unless you're an SF god).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what i had hoped for, 8 Mar 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
After all the reviews this game sounded brilliant.
I had always loved SF games but this i felt was a disapointment.

1st problem is that the combos are far to difficult to pull off, you can practise them in the trial bit, but when your battling someone you literally do not have time to press all the buttons for the ultra and super combos, before you are smacked to the ground, this results in just kicking and jumping.

The 2nd problem is that the game in general is far to difficult. Seth and saggart are too tough, and DEFIANTLY do not let you do any good combos (the only way your going to do enough damage to them) even on easiest I find seth too difficult to live.

The final problem is that the online mode sucks, i search for players and find a couple (a lot of lost connections) and hardly any green or yellow bars. Played a few times, didnt impress me.

In conclusion, it has no way got the same appeal as SF2, feels too heavy and slow, and ultimatly you end up more frustrated than enjoying the game.

If your the type of person who wants to put work and effort into a game then this may be ok for you, but i prefer my games to be purley for enjoyment purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars An expected flop, 14 July 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
Overall judgment: This new chapter of the Street Fighter franchise will cheer up the fans, but disappoint all the rest.
Graphics: Very nice. Interesting effects and 3D toon animations... fascinating.
Sound: Average... not impressive though.
Gameplay: Capcom introduced some innovations to rejuvenate the franchise, but most of the time you will end up repeating over and over the same moves. Some combos are humanly impossible.
Longevity: Many unlockables, battles on line, fascinating challenge mode. Fans will go nuts!
Plot: Ridiculous, this will upset everyone... fans and non.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
The game make lots of 3D effects. But why we need street fighter to be 3D? The characters are exaggerated. Don't like this style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fighting Game, 4 July 2013
Belagoz "Bahattin Elagoz" (United Kingdon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
This game brings back memories from when I played Street Fighter Turbo on the Super Nintendo. There are a few new characters in this game and the original fighters look slightly different but great action game-play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 24 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
I'm am an old fan of this game. Graphics are fantastic and gameplay with friends never gets old however, plot is awful but then again its not why I bought it. I bought the game second hand and was perfect, not a scratch in sight and plays perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything's perfect, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Street Fighter IV (PS3) (Video Game)
Everything's perfect as expected. They sent on time and the game is very good game, for sure the best street fighter ever :)

Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Street Fighter IV (PS3) by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
10.99