on 6 May 2013
This is music for contemplation and enlightenment. Best listened to on your own during breathing meditation(Try it). While your mind erases the grit and grind of your daily life, Saeki Ramos and Takegawa Ramos music will replace these with thoughts of eastern longing and beautiful Japanese Gardens. Absolutely Love it!
on 24 April 2016
As others have remarked, this is a very good recording of Japanese traditional koto and shakuhachi music. Clear and very soothing. On the other hand, it lacks tension which to my mind deprives these pieces of an essential element. I compared Saeki's 'Midare' to Aiko Hasegawa's recording of the same track and Hasegawa's recording seems to me the superior one making Saeki's sound a bit bland.
If you're looking for music to meditate by I guess this recording is perfect, but I'm not sure if the pieces performed here come across as they should.