5.0 out of 5 stars Never had a problem
Published on 15 Feb 2012 by Graham Racher

3.0 out of 5 stars Average performance, pretty good value for money
I have this card, not by choice really, it came free with a second hand camera I bought but i knew Kingston were a well known brand.

The card itself is like any other CF card to the naked eye. the reason for the 3 stars is that in my opinion, it's not a good idea to have an average speed large storage CF card. Let me explain...
Generally, the reason you...
Published 9 months ago by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had a problem, 15 Feb 2012
Graham Racher (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
I've been using x133 Kingston cards for over two years (16Gb and 8Gb) with my Canon 7D and I've never had a problem. I bought two x266 16Gb cards in December to go with them after filling up a 16Gb card on one heavy day of shooting raw and video in Borneo. I've not had any issues with the two x266 cards in the last two months. FYI you do not need the x266 speed for video with the 7D. I have quite happily shot the maximum 30 minutes video on a x133 card with no problems. However the x266 will make a difference when you are shooting high speed continuous frames with raw. I hit the limit on the x133 a few times in Borneo when photographing very cute baby orang-utans!

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues whatsoever, 23 Feb 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Whilst SD cards are getting cheaper by the day, the same cannot be said about CF ones. This is probably due to the ever increasing consumer electronics shifting towards SD and micro SD cards.

So finding the Kingston offering at a reasonable price was very much welcome. I have a Canon 7D which uses CF cards and, as with most photographers, I tend to shoot RAW which take up a considerable amount of space.

The performance of this Kingston card is quite respectable, and given the price I really cannot complain.

Bottom line:
If you need CF storage at a cheap price, than the Kingston will not disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, but not blazing, 2 Nov 2012
I shoot mostly with a canon 5d mkii in raw and this is capable of producing a burst of 15-16 images before the buffer is full with this card. It is also fine for shooting video in full HD at 25/30fps with no dropped frames. The issue with this card is the upload speed when back at base camp. I have a speedy mac with an ssd at the other end and it takes about and hour to download a full card. I recommend making a cup of tea and reading the paper after the shoot.
This may hav implications for some pro applications where deadlines are measured in minutes, but other than that, this is fab.
I am rating this 4* though as it represents great value. I have used Kingston and San Disk products for many years and had no reliability issues from either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
Great Product, works flawlessly in my Canon 7D.
Will buy this product again.
Did lots of video and photos and the card did just what it was supposed to do at the right speed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only time will tell, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
Well it works and does what it says on the tin - formatted as FAT but can be formatted as NTFS (I used the Universal Boot CD partition tool). If you want a quick boot on a legacy OS (XP or older) this will do the job when partnered with an IDE adaptor - for how long I don¨yet know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
I purchased one of these cards to try it out on a Canon 7D. As I have used Kingston cards before I knew it would be OK. I have since purchased 3 more of these cards, they are much cheaper than other well known makes, so why pay more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average performance, pretty good value for money, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)

Generally, the reason you would be looking for a CF card is that you have a DSLR (most likely a Canon or maybe a Sony), because all other smaller cameras use SD cards. If you're using a DSLR, your going to be taking pretty large pictures (2 - 30 MB per file). This speed of card is OK for taking pictures in JPEG format, assuming you don't want to use the camera's rapid fire which can be up to 15 frames per second (fps). At this speed, the card wont be able to keep up and the fps will slow down while it waits for the camera to write to the card.

The other downside is, 16GB is a lot of storage. I know that sounds like a plus point, but trust me, waiting for a computer to copy across 16GB of images at a fairly slow speed is very frustrating. Additionally, if you have just 1 16GB card, and you have been out taking pictures all day, and something happens to the card i.e. you lost it, or something out of your control like it corrupted, or even water damage because you dropped the camera. These things do happen, and that would be an entire days shooting wasted. Insurance covers the camera, but you will still lose your photos.

I would recommend you spend your money on something quicker, with less storage space. Sandisk offer an 8GB Extreme card (link below), yes it's more money but I would say it's really worth it. Only 8GB per card means you will (probably) carry multiple cards but if you drop your camera, only the card in the camera is at risk.

The Kingston card is average, there is nothing particularly wrong with it, I still have mine but I only use it if I run out of space on my other cards because I hate waiting for it to offload the images when I get home.

Good value for money, lots of storage for a cheap price, if that's what your looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Sep 2011
R. Tickner (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
Arrived promptly and on time. With each photo of about 4MB in size, I took over 200 shots before it registers on the camera (998 to go!).
It struggles a little when a series of photos are taken in succession, but it is still a lot quicker than my old one. Download speeds are good though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with it., 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
Great product and very good value for price. Not a Lexmark, neither the fastest card on the market, but perfect for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card (Personal Computers)
Works nicely, good price given the amount of storage you get, is plenty quick enough for me, not much more to say :)

Kingston 16GB 266X Compact Flash Card