on 24 February 2009
My primary reason for buying this product was to stop my 360 Elite from over heating again and getting RROD after the X-Clamp fix (shown on utube), and to make it quieter.
It has been 7 months now and my 360 is working fine. At first I noticed an increase in noise.
It has settled down now, and is quieter than before.
As for keeping the 360 cool, I would agree. It keeps the 360 from over heating and pushes out more hot air.
For less than £15 this is a great product!
on 17 February 2012
How pointless... it seems the makers of this product are more focussed on making the LED look pretty that the actual cooling of the console. It ran fine for about a week, now however i am in the process of changing back to the official microsoft fans, after receiving the 2 red lights (overheating) for the 5th time in a course of 2 days. Do not be fooled by their claims, not only is this about 15x louder than the original stock fans, but it does even less to help with the actual cooling. AVOID.
on 22 February 2009
I'm not about to start testing my xbox with a thermometer but this seems to do the trick, also I like the blue glow emitting from the back of my xbox and it i's definitely quieter than the old fan. Once a disk starts spinning you wont really tell the difference though. Installation was fairly straight forward but I have taken my xbox apart before, if you haven't I recommend finding a guide to doing it on youtube. A nice little product overall and I would recommend it.
on 23 March 2009
Overall I am very pleased with the product as it does exactly as it says. It took a bit of fiddling to get the fan in exactly the right place as it was a bit of a squeeze at the first attempt although this is probably a good thing as it is now securely in the right position and atleast sounds as though it is working perfectly. I bought the fan as a replacement for the original fan as one had stopped working and was causing my xbox to overheat and freeze it has now stopped freezing I'm assuming due to the installation of the new fan. From feeling the heat at the back of the xbox i would say that this fan does keep the xbox cooler than the original fan as it claims to, in terms of noise level in all honesty it is a minor difference to the original fan perhaps slightly quieter however as mentioned it keeps the xbox cooler and looks fantastic the LEDs are a great touch. I would reccommend this product as it is cheap considering it could seriously prelong an xbox's lifespan and is a great first step if you are considering modding your xbox which i seriously am now because although slightly geeky it looks cool I'm thinking maybe a see through shell of some kind some more LED's and an XCM core fan any thoughts or anyone who has already done a similar mod feel free to comment.
review image review image
on 26 March 2010
I put this fan in my X-box after I had the dreaded "Ring of death", it works fine and the blue light is really kool, but the noise it makes is extreme to say the least, X-box's are noisy anyway, but this fan doesn't help with that, I would highly recommend this product if you keep your x-box in a cabinet under your t.v or something. Easy enough to fit. A++
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2009
I installed this fan in January 09,it was necessary because the original fan was beginning to fail and was making a very loud noise on start up.
With the right tools and an online photo guide on how to open the xbox it took around half an hour,I'm sure the machine runs a bit cooler than it did before,but to be honest the fan makes a bit more noise than the original,not because of the fan itself but because of the movement of air passing through the machine.Definitely worth the money time and effort to install,because my xbox still works perfectly.even though its getting on a bit as i bought it on the day it was released in Europe.
on 4 March 2010
I ordered this fan in an attempt to quieten a 4 yr old Xbox 360 premium which had begun to sound like an aircraft carrier. I was a little concerned that it would not be an improvement, but after installation (which was simple and took about 20 mins), I tested it out and it really was much quieter. I suspect my fan in this 4yr old, well used machine was quite worn and had become noisy from this, but it now sounds only a little louder than a new Super Elite 360 machine. Well worth the purchase.
on 29 January 2015
I bought this fan for my xbox 360 over four and a half years now. And is still working as well as the day I installed it. Its quieter than the original. But you will need to service the fan by keeping the dust down on the blades. More dust build will increase the volume in fan blow sound. The blue light also gives the console a better look. My console is a first gen of jan 2006. And lucky no ring of death yet. But this fan does keep my xbox cool. Worth the money.
on 11 May 2010
This is a good modification to the standard xbox fan.

When you put this into your console you have a choice of the 12v or 5v power supplys from the xbox. The 12v is far to load and you dont really need that much power for a fan unless you do intnese gaming sessions for around 5 hours +.

The 5v power is suitable and i found it slightly quiter than the standard. The added addition of the fans are a bonus and do look really cool with all my other mods.
on 26 July 2011
The whisper fans were easy to install, a perfect fit. They are certainly more powerfull. The air coming out the back of the 360 is a lor more noticable than before. They also look fantastic. Noise wise, I'd say they are a little quieter, not much. Though the 360 aren't noisy any way. It's the hard drive that creates all the noise. I bought these fans to keep my 360 cooler and for the awesome asthetics, and I couldn't be more pleased. Great product.