5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clear
Published on 15 Jun 2010 by A Consumer

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible image quality
Published 16 months ago by Jimmy

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clear, 15 Jun 2010
I got this for my mother, who is 94, because I wamted to re-connect her with her family past. She loves it, and once I'd set the slide show to change photos every 10 seconds, she now constantly watches her 400+ chaotically-kept photos that I dug out of drawers, boxes, wallets and so on, and then photographed on to a single SD card. Best of all, she just plugs it in and off it goes - no tricks or decisions (although it has the usual variations). The trouble is, she now wants me to do the same with the photos that ARE in albums. A big hit. I guess it's basic. It was certainly cheap. It does, however, do the job, and if my mother can see the photos clearly, then the quality must be OK. It's been great to hear her reminisce about the people in the photos, some of whom I knew nothing about. There. Is all that too technical?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 23 Nov 2009
This review is from: KitVision 7 inch Digital Photo Frame with Built-In Stand Supporting SD/MMC/MS Memory Cards - Black (Electronics)
I ordered this as a gift along with a different Sony digital photo frame for another family member - I had to send the Sony back - it was no match for this frame and it was twice as expensive.
I had reservations about ordering this but thought I could send it back if I wasn't happy - but I am.
The photos I viewed on this frame were taken on 5 Mega Pixel, there was no distortion at all, crystal clear.
I was really surprised as it was half the price of the Sony. I viewed the same pictures on the Sony and they were quite grainy.
I viewed the pictures first at less than arms length, then thought I should try it a bit further away - still crystal clear.
It's probably is not as expensive looking as the Sony or has as many functions but it provides a better picture and you can plug in a card reader via USB. This frame will adjust the picture to fit the frame without distortion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 18 Dec 2009
Ms. H. Hammerton "Hazel" (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this when it was 24.99 and I know it's gone up since (see date of review) but for that price I could not have got it any better. It does what it says. The screen is really clear and the functionality is really simple to use (which is perfect as a present for my 50/60 years old parents). I also got a 2mb SD card and SD card reader so I could down load all the pictures I wanted and set them up ready so when they opened it, it's ready to go. Also they can add more pictures later. I've so far got just under 200 pictures on the card and there is still room.

Because it's basic it doesn't randomise your files, I found, so had to randomise them myself and re-write the file names in number order so it would play them as I wanted. But once I'd done that it looked great and was there for very easy to add new ones to the order. The way it randomally scrolls through the pictures is brill. One may slide to the side to reveal the next underneath, the next may roll into a tube and roll to the otherside, then the next appears from the background really small zooms about then pops up to the screen. Only one picture per revolution though but still great.

The frame can be set up for portrait or landscape with the menu buttons at the back (mine are set at landscape as most of the pictures are scaped that way) and the stand will just twist round one position at a time to the required postion. It feels sturdily built and fairly robust, so probably survive a few accidental knocks from my niece and nephew. The cable for the socket could have been longer but looks fairly standard, about 1 metre. The only let down for me is that the SD card slot doesn't have spring back. When you slot the card in it's really stiff at 1st to get it fully in to be read and then I found that I had to wiggle it slightly left and right to cajole it back out again with a firm finger grip. I bought 2 and they are both the same so I assume they are all like that. I've put the cards in and out a few times now and it is getting easier, but it made me panic at 1st as I didn't think I was going to get it out again! I'm glad I decided on SD cards instead of a usb stick as you would be able to see it sticking out the side through the transparent outer frame which would be a shame. If the frame colour was solid this wouldn't be a concern, so something to think of when choosing which way you're frame will access stored files. Perhaps get the frame 1st then choose the file storage option.

Overall an excellent frame for the price I paid and can't wait to see what they think of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money, 2 Sep 2009
This is a lovely basic digital photo frame. If you want something high-Tec with lots of features & a high level of image quality this isn't for you. But as a basic plug & play digital photo frame its excellent. The images are crisp, the slide show feature is good and I like the fact that the frame is perspex so not easily damaged (hopefully!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible image quality, 28 Nov 2012
I ordered this as a christmas present for my mum who has millions of photos but most are stashed away in albums or on her computer. Iv never used a digital photo frame before but tried this one as it had decent reviews. I received it yesterday and decided to put some pictures on it before i gave it to her, but when i tested it i saw how awful the image quality was. I was putting high quality pictures onto an sd card and they were showing on the photo frame as a pixelated mess.I didnt expect this to be amazing but i at least thought i would be able to make out facial features of people in the pictures. I have no idea how some people reviewed this photo frame as having "crisp" or even just "good" quality. I'm sending this one back and buying a different one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money A++, 13 Aug 2010
I already have a digital photo frame and it cost a pretty penny one of the more well known brands but was after two for family members who just wanted something that would be easy to use economical and still provide great quality images. We trawled the internet and came across this product i did read other reviews for this product which also came across as good so decided to give it a go, we were very pleasantly surprised this looks amazing and the picture quality is second to non considering the price tag. I would definately recommend this product if you are looking for a great quality product, easy to use and comes with a great price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photoframe!, 14 May 2009
Hi folks.. This is my first digital picture frame, and I think its a cracking buy. Does exactly what it says on the tin, really easy to use.. literally pop your card in and your away.. the slide show starts automatically. Its a fab feature in the living room and cant fault the picture quality, its great!! Highly recommend for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars kitvision 7inch digital picture photo frame, 16 Nov 2009
Kitvision 7 inch Digital Picture Photo Frame - Black
when i purchased this i thought oh my god i've never used anything like this before it looked very complicated so i sat down read the instructions and i thought this is going to be great i decided i'd just put a few photo's first on the memory card and try it out i popped the card in and turned it on i was very pleased and surprised on how crisp the pictures looked and i liked the way the pictures either rolled onto the screen or peeled away to reveal another picture and i was glad i'd purchased this photo frame. the only complaint or should i say thing i can pull it up on is that it's quite difficult to get the memory card out again but i suppose it will ease in and out eventually but other than that i can't fault this photo frame i'm very impressed with it and definatly recommend this product and the seller it was dispatched promptly and very well packaged up so got to me in time and in A1 condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 5 Jan 2012
Not worth the money. Spend a bit more and get something decent. Clunky to use and images are not sharp and clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo frame, 4 Oct 2009
Rodney Stephens "Rosskernow" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
Great digital photo frame at a good price and even better if you get the extra dongle free with it so you can add as many photos as you may wish. was a fab Birthday Gift for my Father, loaded with family photos over the years , better than having them stuck away in an album never to be looked at.

ARRAY(0xaa89d768)