4.0 out of 5 stars garage sale
Published on 25 July 2010 by Mr. Peter Nicholas Zear

3.0 out of 5 stars Track list please!
I've just read the above three Reviews looking for a track list. I don't think I'm being an anorak for wanting to know who's on it! I'm giving it three stars even though I haven't heard it!
Published on 28 May 2011 by B. J. Bolland

4.0 out of 5 stars garage sale, 25 July 2010
This review is from: Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! (Audio CD)
This is a 2008 product of ArfArf who are in their own words 'purveyors of 60's Garage/Psych,Outsider Music,and Radically Fresh Soundz'.In today's download stream-of-capitalism a sampler CD is its own relic.This one gives you,for less than a fiver,mostly USA 60's garage tracks(when the response to the British Invasion was starting to wierd up a little as it wandered towards psychedelia)by real 60's bands,which while not facing off '96 tears' or '7&7 is' mostly hold up well in this Nuggets niche.Also featured are generic offshoots of a band called Litter and
one 'Eric Lindgren'who delivers the 'old skool top 40 radio'catchiest track under the name Route 28.There's also some 'outsider' tracks,more Wierd Al then the mall clearing stripe of Larry Fischer or The Ledge.If you like this stuff it is good value for a good listen,and you may well want to get some of ArfArf's artist CD's for unlike many media purveyors (of corporate schlock)these guys are peddling good old home-made non-GM earfood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flakey fruitcase garagey physchadelic rock, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! (Audio CD)
There is some wonderful tracks on here and very few duds. Some of them should definitely have been hits and the mixture of genres is great. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garageaholic Psychadelic Outsider Music, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! (Audio CD)
In my opinion, this album containing 30 samples of 'Psychagarage' as I call it can be addictive to the newcomer of late 60's rare underground music and even the avid collector. I first got into this type of music in the mid 70's, while listening to an LP (Renember These?) of the Pretty Things and I caught the bug becoming a Garageholic since then. Original garage music started around 1965 followed a year later with garage punk. Music trends appear to recycle every 15 years of retro rock bands who are influenced by a mixture of musicians from circa 1966-69. I would recommend this taster mix to rock fans who like the current scene, but curious enough to explore past music influences, that have helped shaped todays groups.

4.0 out of 5 stars why do you need a review, look at the price!, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! (Audio CD)
Nagged for a review so here it is - as with any such comp there is bit of dross there but also a few happy shiney diamonds that even Ms Campbell would recognise. Annoyingly bereft of any info at all about who, what, why the artistes are but now lent to my expert friend who will doubtless pore over various tomes to inform me that the drummer on track seven once made a pass at Kim Fowley (you try and prove me wrong!). Value for money without a doubt.

3.0 out of 5 stars Track list please!, 28 May 2011
B. J. Bolland "Brian Bolland" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars PSYCHEDLECIC MUSIC IS PSYCHEDELICIOUS, MAN., 25 May 2009
Philip Fletcher (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! (Audio CD)
Don't ask me to name any of the tracks on this sampler cd because I'm not an anorac and I can't remember the names of the artists on it, it's been some time since I played it. BUT I KNOW IT'S GOOD COS I SAY SO! It's at an easily affordable price so you've not got much to lose by sampling it.

Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music!
Garageaholic! Psychedelic! Outsider Music! by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)