on 22 October 2010
I bought this as a replacement for one that I have had for many years, and which had worn out. I drink mainly red wine, so I have never tested the chilling power of the wrap, but find it excellent for warming up a bottle - so easy just to put it in the microwave for 2 minutes or so.
on 21 April 2010
Great little product that does what it says. Only used for warming reds so far but it does this very well, and you really can taste the difference. So 5 stars from me
on 9 June 2014
Been looking around for a warmer to bring reds from the garage up to temperature. In my experience thus far the warmer needs two blasts - two minutes in the microwave, wrap it around the bottle for 10 mins or so (opening the bottle beforehand is best) then another zap in the microwave to keep the heat constant - another 15 min wait and the wine is at an ok temp. Not exactly what I'd hoped but definitely an improvement from too cold red wine.
on 29 October 2010
I have used this quite a lot since buying it and it does do the job very well indeed. You need to leave it around the bottle for a good 15 mins but it works a treat. I haven't tried others but I suspect this is one of the best.

Ideally, there would be one that goes underneath the bottle as well as cold worktops do make a difference, but then there are simple ways of getting around that.

Overall, for a tenner this is a bargain - definitely buy one!
on 9 April 2013
As a red wine fan I have often opened a bottle only to find it is too cold, even though my wine is in a warm area of the house.

This little device provides an answer and gives wine that full rounded flavour that comes with the correct temperature. it is very quick to use and raises the temperature smoothly and quickly.

Be sure not to overdo the warming in the microwave or you could end up with something akin to mulled wine!

There is no facility to measure the temperature and so it may not appeal to the real wine buffs out there, but I have found it to be very convenient and would not be without it.

I have not tried the chilling aspect yet, but have no doubt it will be just as good.

Buy one in time for those long summer evenings!
on 12 May 2010
We use this at least three times a week. Works great. Easy and quick. Am thinking of getting another as a present for someone.
on 9 February 2014
I was looking at way of keeping wine at a slightly higher temp than that of the room. The wine rack types did not get a consistently great write up so tried this. Have been very impressed. Put on a plate, microwave on full for one and a half minutes and place on bottle for 15-20 mins. The wine is then at an optimal temp. If left on or as the bottle empties it can get warmer. It has really improved the taste of red wine. One of our better purchases.
on 31 March 2013
Delighted with this gadget. It is very simple to operate - fits in our smallish microwave. As it says - just pop "the jacket" in the microwave for 60-90 seconds (90 seconds for us) leave it for 15 minutes isn and you have a lovely glass of room temperature red wine.

As someone else has mentioned, you no longer have to stick your bottle on the radiator or put the gas fire on just to warm your bottle of red up. Very reasonable price.

Wish I'd bought it much earlier!
on 21 January 2016
Great! Our old house isn't the warmest so use this to perfectly bring it up to temperature! Not tried it for cold yet as have others for that. Can just about wrap around some decanters too or at least enough to get the warming effect and allow the wine to breathe at the same time.
on 1 January 2016
very timely and effective service. if heating up in microwave, might need to put it in twice once it tends to be the middle f the wrap that is warmed and not the outer panels. nevertheless, good value for money and nicely made products. delivery was excellent even at a difficult Xmas time.