5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised
Published on 5 Oct. 2009 by garyk

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
I've read other reviews of people's experience with this product and though I would share mine. I purchased a number of these as I have a lot of PCs in a server room and connect them through a switch which is PS/2. These days a lot of motherboards don't have one or both PS/2 connectors for mouse and keyboard so naturally I was looking around for something suitable...
Published on 12 Feb. 2011 by PhilCalder

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)

I tried one on Windows Server 2008 and it didn't work. I re-read the reviews here I assumed it was because newer versions of Windows didn't have the drivers. So I purchased the Belkin USB PS/2 Adapter which worked perfectly. Purely out of curiosity I then tried it in a machine running Windows Server 2003 and it also didn't work so it got me to wondering if it was just a faulty product so I tried a different one - turns out it was faulty (it did also rattle which was what made me suspicious in the first place!).

So I'm happy to report that it should work on both Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (and presumably Vista and 7) but I wonder if so many people complaining their's doesn't work is just down to bad build quality. As right now the Belkin product is 5 times more expensive I guess you can just buy one until you get one which does work (ignoring the environmental impact).

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Works as advertised. please bear in mind, although everything appears to work ok with normal key functions, my Son tried using my old keyboard with this adapter for gaming ( car racing game ) and he reported that when pressing a key to move car forward and then steering left or right, the forward key needed to be re-pressed after the steering action. ( built in keyboard on laptop was not showing this behavior ) This made his game difficult to play. I later found out that I probably needed a converter not an adapter. A replacement USB keyboard turned out to be a cheaper option in the end.....

Gary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flakey at best, and useless for UK keyboards, 11 Oct. 2012
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Tried a couple of these, and there is not much to recommend them. For UK keyboard users they are a pain even if they work since they don't recognise the \ key which is not handy for windows users (you can work round this with the ALT key combinations, but that is hardly a decent solution). They are not keen working with long leads or KVM switches either.

Save your money for something else. The Belkin one is slightly better - although even that develops a mind of its own from time and latches down keys.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works - Just. If you don't touch it., 6 Oct. 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
I've been using this for two weeks to connect a PS2 mouse to my Windows XP laptop USB port. It works, but only if you don't touch it at all. Any movement in the cable or the device will stop it working and it needs to be unplugged and reconnected (sometimes to a different usb port) before it will work again. I suspect this is due to very poor build quality as it makes clicky noises if you move the cables either side of the joint. Having this connected to the side of my laptop means I accidentally touch it quite a lot, so I doubt it will last very long.
Worth spending a bit more money and getting a better put together product IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what is should do, 25 Dec. 2009
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
There isn't too much to say about a cable adaptor - It's bendy and has sockets at both ends so you can plug things in to it. That said, some work, some don't.

This one works, and it works like a dream. And that means you can use all those perfectly good older keyboards and mice (if you had the good sense to hang on to them) again because socket compatibility is no longer an issue.

I'd give this gadget 6 stars, if I could - I couldn't be much happier with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 15 Dec. 2009
Paul Sibley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Not that much could go wrong really, but this cable worked as soon as it was plugged in for an HP mouse, and Dell keyboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT WORK with UK PC keyboards, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
I wish I had looked further down the reviews. As noted in many other reviews, this product does not support the UK PC keyboard slash/pipe key and is therefore practically useless. Fortunately I ordered a Perixx PERIPRO-401, PS/2 to USB Adapter - For Keyboard & Mouse with PS2 Interface - Support PS/2 Port of KVM Switch - Built-in USB IC which works perfectly although it looks spookily similar - the Peripro-401 I received is black so I can tell the difference until I stick the Newlink in the bin - which I just have.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't work, 9 April 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
I made the mistake of buying this without reading the reviews.
It just won't work, I plug in my keyboard, and it works for about 10 seconds, and then it stops working, until I un-plug it and plug it back in.
Do not buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 problem, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
This PS2/USB converter is very stable compared to some I have used but there is 1 problem. If used with Win 7 64bit, the backslash (\) key does not work. After re-installing keyboard & language drivers, more than once, I established by swapping it with another different make adapter that this was the problem. However, the other adapter intermittently loses connection! If I didn't frequently need the \, I would have given this 5 stars as it is very good in all other ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works a little miracle, 24 May 2010
Archbold Jake "Archie" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Problem. New PC (Windows XP) alongside old PC (Windows ME). I naturally want to share the screen, keyboard and mouse between the 2 PCs. Unfortunately the new PC has no PS/2 ports and the KVM switch is of the PS/2 type.

Solution. Buy a NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse Cable. This little lead has allowed me to use the KVM, as is, with the new PC.

In its own way, a little life saver and for the price, a terrifically good buy.

NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable