5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised
Published on 5 Oct 2009 by garyk

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
I've read other reviews of people's experience with this product and though I would share mine. I purchased a number of these as I have a lot of PCs in a server room and connect them through a switch which is PS/2. These days a lot of motherboards don't have one or both PS/2 connectors for mouse and keyboard so naturally I was looking around for something suitable...
Published on 12 Feb 2011 by PhilCalder

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)

I tried one on Windows Server 2008 and it didn't work. I re-read the reviews here I assumed it was because newer versions of Windows didn't have the drivers. So I purchased the Belkin USB PS/2 Adapter which worked perfectly. Purely out of curiosity I then tried it in a machine running Windows Server 2003 and it also didn't work so it got me to wondering if it was just a faulty product so I tried a different one - turns out it was faulty (it did also rattle which was what made me suspicious in the first place!).

So I'm happy to report that it should work on both Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (and presumably Vista and 7) but I wonder if so many people complaining their's doesn't work is just down to bad build quality. As right now the Belkin product is 5 times more expensive I guess you can just buy one until you get one which does work (ignoring the environmental impact).

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, 5 Oct 2009
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Works as advertised. please bear in mind, although everything appears to work ok with normal key functions, my Son tried using my old keyboard with this adapter for gaming ( car racing game ) and he reported that when pressing a key to move car forward and then steering left or right, the forward key needed to be re-pressed after the steering action. ( built in keyboard on laptop was not showing this behavior ) This made his game difficult to play. I later found out that I probably needed a converter not an adapter. A replacement USB keyboard turned out to be a cheaper option in the end.....

Gary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flakey at best, and useless for UK keyboards, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Tried a couple of these, and there is not much to recommend them. For UK keyboard users they are a pain even if they work since they don't recognise the \ key which is not handy for windows users (you can work round this with the ALT key combinations, but that is hardly a decent solution). They are not keen working with long leads or KVM switches either.

Save your money for something else. The Belkin one is slightly better - although even that develops a mind of its own from time and latches down keys.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works - Just. If you don't touch it., 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
I've been using this for two weeks to connect a PS2 mouse to my Windows XP laptop USB port. It works, but only if you don't touch it at all. Any movement in the cable or the device will stop it working and it needs to be unplugged and reconnected (sometimes to a different usb port) before it will work again. I suspect this is due to very poor build quality as it makes clicky noises if you move the cables either side of the joint. Having this connected to the side of my laptop means I accidentally touch it quite a lot, so I doubt it will last very long.
Worth spending a bit more money and getting a better put together product IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what is should do, 25 Dec 2009
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
There isn't too much to say about a cable adaptor - It's bendy and has sockets at both ends so you can plug things in to it. That said, some work, some don't.

This one works, and it works like a dream. And that means you can use all those perfectly good older keyboards and mice (if you had the good sense to hang on to them) again because socket compatibility is no longer an issue.

I'd give this gadget 6 stars, if I could - I couldn't be much happier with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 15 Dec 2009
Paul Sibley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Not that much could go wrong really, but this cable worked as soon as it was plugged in for an HP mouse, and Dell keyboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 problem, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
This PS2/USB converter is very stable compared to some I have used but there is 1 problem. If used with Win 7 64bit, the backslash (\) key does not work. After re-installing keyboard & language drivers, more than once, I established by swapping it with another different make adapter that this was the problem. However, the other adapter intermittently loses connection! If I didn't frequently need the \, I would have given this 5 stars as it is very good in all other ways.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't work, 9 April 2011
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
I made the mistake of buying this without reading the reviews.
It just won't work, I plug in my keyboard, and it works for about 10 seconds, and then it stops working, until I un-plug it and plug it back in.
Do not buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works a little miracle, 24 May 2010
Archbold Jake "Archie" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
Problem. New PC (Windows XP) alongside old PC (Windows ME). I naturally want to share the screen, keyboard and mouse between the 2 PCs. Unfortunately the new PC has no PS/2 ports and the KVM switch is of the PS/2 type.

Solution. Buy a NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse Cable. This little lead has allowed me to use the KVM, as is, with the new PC.

In its own way, a little life saver and for the price, a terrifically good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Converts PS2 Cable Into USB Cable, 6 Aug 2014
Kit (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable (Electronics)
The descriptions of these cables can be quite confusing - particularly the title of this product that says USB to PS2 which makes you think it will be converted into a PS2 cable. In fact this cable is for people who have a keyboard with PS2 connector who want to plug it into a USB port because their computer doesn't have a PS2 port.

Reading through the reviews of various connectors I have seen comments about the fact that the keyboards need to have some kind of USB-friendly wiring inside to actually work when you use a connector like this. I bought a couple of keyboards that were supposed to be USB but the seller gave the PS2 version instead. After some complaints the seller just gave me a full refund and left me with the two PS2 keyboards - but on the keyboard packaging box I could see they had PS2 and USB and had put a sticker on PS2 to show that version, so I knew my keyboards had the right wiring inside.

Anyhow - the cables work fine and were good value. They were priced at £1.30 each when I purchased, and the sellers were making clear that they were posting from Hong Kong so the slow posting was expected.

NEWLink USB to PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Cable