5.0 out of 5 stars Looking beyond the gimmick.
When this was first announced I thought it looked great and it was certainly a fun and funky novelty, but I couldn't fully see the point. But then when the hype had died down a bit, I used one....

The first thing you notice is the impressive display, as soon as you see it you are compelled to touch it and the responsiveness is incredible. It responds with...
Published on 6 July 2010 by @GeekZilla9000

3.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like it more
EDIT: Updated with iOS 4.2 improvements

This is my first Apple device and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it is a beautifully designed and engineered piece of hardware and software. On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to use it in my daily life.

Pros:
1. Quality design, style and ergonomics.
2. OS is a...
Published on 17 Nov 2010 by Ryopinion

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars clever little machine, 1 Aug 2011
J. N. Hennessy "niall" (sudbury suffolk uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet 1st Generation (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
didn't think I needed one, but when I decided that I did, after trying cheaper tablets galore, yes I do! miles faster and clearer than any rival tablet, v. intuitive operating system, particularly good art and drawing apps. and v. strong portability & battery life. probably worth the extra cost on build and functionality alone.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't Amazon selling this?, 23 Dec 2010
I don't understand why Amazon isn't selling the iPad themselves, rather than letting these third party marketplace sellers who I doubt are Apple approved vendors.

You can buy the iPad cheaper from Apple's own website than using these third party sellers and be more confident that any issues with the product will be dealt with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not wow, 23 Sep 2011
I really like the Apple Ipad, but get frequently frustrated that you still cannot view flash enabled websites with it. The calendar functionality also doesn't sync perfectly all of the time, so I have missed a couple of meetings!

Great for personal use though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply, Totally, Unbelievably Awesome!!!, 27 July 2010
Like other reviewers, I was not really sure why I wanted one of these, other than I just did. I really could not work out what it was for, particularly also having an iMac at home, a MacBook Pro at work and various ipods and iphones. I have however, always been an Apple fanatic, so I guess I was always going to buy one of these sooner or later.

I am a great book reader, so I thought the iPad would be a perfect upgrade from my Sony e-reader, and here is the only place where the iPad is not fit for purpose, an e-reader it simply isn't. The backlit screen (albeit easily variable) is not a great reading device. Shame because the GUI and iBooks are excellent. So, bad news out of the way first, if you want an e-reader, read on and get a Sony PRS300.

The five stars are given for the sheer beauty and intuitiveness of the screen, particularly for displaying photos to friends and family. This is the main reason for my purchase, as it is the only electronic solution I have seen so far to the costly business of heading off to Snappy Snaps or Jessops for post holiday printing or general photo printing. So far, I've saved over £100 on prints which I'd show off and then forget about - six months on and I'll have almost paid my £429 back in savings on photo printing. I am a prolific advanced photographer in my spare time, and for portfolios, family and event pics this is a great show-off tool. The slide show functionality, particularly when setting to music of your choice from the iPod function, is great. The watered down version of iPhoto in the iPad is a bit disappointing as no editing is possible, but I guess an App or Apple workround will follow in due course. In the meantime, running this off iTunes for photo download and display is justifying my purchase on its own.

The Safari web browsing is just great, as is the email functionality, so as others have said this is an adequate replacement for most of your daily computing needs. The App store provides plenty of interest for everyone.

In summary, just get it. Sadly, if you are a Microsoft dinosaur you won't understand and you'll just have to stick with bugs, endless stupid messages and constant crashes. For those who want the computer or device to enhance their digital lives rather than hinder them Apple does everything you'll ever need, and beautifully designed as well.

Oh, and the £30 Apple case for the iPad - also highly recommended. It keeps the device slim, protected and ready to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Oct 2014
Bought as a present. Works well and loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars apple refurb rip off, 12 Nov 2014
I am vry disappointed...after paying £119.00 pounds for my refurbished apple ipad I cant download nothing...and when cause it is only ios 5.0 I need at least 7.0 or higher to download my apps that I need..for £119.00.. its a rip off

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Jun 2014
It was a shame as the iPad come to me in great condition but that was as good as it got , once turned it was jumping from one option to the other in the settings menu . Good follow up customer service

1.0 out of 5 stars disgusting price for the ipad1, 28 Mar 2011
S. Nicholls (england) - See all my reviews
Why are you charging so much for the ipad1, when you can buy it cheaper in other stores. I for one think it is disgusting especially when the ipad2 is now out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good option for a laptop, 4 Oct 2010
Use it at college during lectures to take notes etc. Weighs alot less than a laptop, and saves my shoulders.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flash In The Pan, 25 Mar 2011
I'm an Apple user of over 20 years now, and the iPhone and iPad got me really excited. Unfortunately, it suffers because Apple feels the need to artificially protect its App store revenues by not allowing a Flash client. So quite a large chunk of the internet disappears right there. For me, no Flash, no consumer choice, no buy.

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 | Next ›

Apple iPad Tablet 1st Generation (WiFi, 16 GB)
Used & New from: £84.99