5.0 out of 5 stars ***DUMMIES GUIDE TO THE IPAD***
So, you're thinking of buying an iPad however, you're not so sure of what it can do and how it works. So, here is the "Dummies Guide to the iPad" to help you make that decision. "I promise to keep the jargon down to a bare minimum" :

To begin with the iPad must be paired to an existing Laptop or Desktop PC. These can be normal Microsoft Windows or Mac PC's...
Published on 23 Sep 2011 by Wayne

3.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like it more
EDIT: Updated with iOS 4.2 improvements

This is my first Apple device and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it is a beautifully designed and engineered piece of hardware and software. On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to use it in my daily life.

Pros:
1. Quality design, style and ergonomics.
2. OS is a...
Published on 17 Nov 2010 by Ryopinion

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars A Gimmick, 3 Jan 2011
TheDoc "Billious" (Sidcup, KENT United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
I was lent one by one of my customers, so this is not an owners review.

There are so many things wrong with this device that it is difficult to know where to start. But let's ask who would find it useful and that is someone who browses the web all day and is happy with a browser that is not quite what they are used to. If you fit that then don't bother to read the rest of this.

The range of apps is large but not very useful. I am a software developer and a keen amateur photographer and there is nothing of any use to me in the app library. Mind you I should add that all of my customers are PC users.

The screen is beautiful but it needs a stylus for someone with hands as big as mine, I was continually hitting the wrong option - in web pages especially.

The real killer for me though is that it is too heavy to use in a "sat on a sofa" position, it just makes your hands and wrists ache after a while.

I have to say that it is beautifully made, it feels like it is chiseled from a piece of rock and maybe that is why it weighs so much.

I simply struggle to see why you should pay so much money for a device with no "Killer" app yet. I wanted to try it out as a book reader, it would seem on paper to hold so many aces over the Kindle or Sony book readers. But the screen causes too much eye fatigue for me and one again it is too heavy to read in bed or in the smallest room.

Just one star from me which is a crying shame for something so well constructed. It is just the wrong product at the wrong time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect iPad to be an electronic book reader, 1 Oct 2010
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
There has been a lot of hype about iPad being a Kindle killer. There are three reasons why the iPad will not make a good book reader.
1. iPad will not look good outside
2. iPad is too heavy
3. Battery life is too short. Ten hours seems like a long time, but for an ebook, it is too short

As a home use gadget, it is a very interesting and promising device

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced junk, 25 Dec 2010
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
On positive side, the touch screen interface is good. Screen size is good. Sadly that is where all ends.

In a typical Apple fashion, you are shafted. You can't browse files like in Windows Explorer (even though it is basically Linux). You can't transfer your photos from memory card (unless you buy another attachment for that). You can't transfer PDF files directly. You can't use it without computer (you must sync it with iTunes on PC). No flash, no USB. Did I say it is also not multi-tasking?

However, if you jailbreak it, you can use more functions.

As with all Apple products, you mainly buy the fashion not the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
It wont that good I got to spend it back

1.0 out of 5 stars Yeah but no, 13 Oct 2010
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
Rubbish......I am actually sending this review via my wife's iPad....took ages to get connection...my wi-fi router is about 5m from me.....1bar on the iPad!........I mean really.....unreal...worst connection ever...I feel like I'm using an analog phone circa 1990...DO NOT BUY YET...great device....connection a HUGE problem....it has so much to offer but the wi-fi is SERIOUSLY lacking

1.0 out of 5 stars TESCO & HMV are selling this for 429!!!, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
Why would anybody pay the prices being asked on Amazon, including, amazingling, second hand prices, GREATER than can be purchased from the likes of TESCO and HMV.

It never ceases to amaze me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what is does, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
I do like my Iphone a lot and after use this Ipad seemed pointless.

Pro's - novelty

Cons - EXPENSIVE - to pricey for what it does, it is not the consumers problem that Apple invested so much in this.
Does not support Flash
Wifi connection not great at all
A cheaper laptop can do much much more.

This is one of those products like the phillips CDI all those years ago. Mine is now on Ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great IPad, not all waste of money at all, 2 Feb 2011
M. Page-smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
I am absalotly a Mac person, I own an IMac and an IPhone and I love them. I brought the IPad a couple of weeks ago, I love my IPad. Because it has a larger screen it's much better for playing games. It has great apps and I love reading on it, with the Kindle app.
The only downside I would say is its a bit expensive, could be cheaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars iPad, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
The iPad tablet was in excellent condition, m quite happy with the product. It arrived on time and the price is pretty perfect. I will always recommend Simon Flynn. He lost one star because the iPad still has some of his login details which I didn't like but on the other hand I had lots of apps already installed so all together it was a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is is just a toy?, 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB) (Electronics)
It is an amazing gimmick as I own one myself and love it but I can't decide if it was really just a toy. The Internet when you are typing has a few down sides it feels kind of strange (I know it's a screen but it is hard to use) if you want a gimmick this is the way to go but if you need to use Internet a lot try a notebook.

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

Apple iPad Tablet (WiFi, 16 GB)
Used & New from: 110.00