5.0 out of 5 stars Poached to Perfection!
Published on 21 Feb 2009 by Cinnabon2

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the green ones!
Published on 16 Jan 2011 by Angela

5.0 out of 5 stars Poached to Perfection!, 21 Feb 2009
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
Delighted with this product. Easy to use, just coat before putting in egg, add to the pot or pan that has water already boiling, put on lid and in just under 5 minutes a perfectly poached egg that has a soft yolk. Easy to lift out of pan, tilt if necessary to drain off any water that may have splashed onto egg and run knife around egg to ease removal from silicone holder. Easy to clean and silicone does not affect the taste of the egg. As I said delighted with these egg poachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg Shell Poacher, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
I couldnt make poached eggs to save my life but when i bought the egg shells i couldnt believe how easy it is, me and my kids have poached eggs about 3/4 times a week... absolutely brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Egg Poaching made easy., 30 May 2009
C. L. Rummens "Heavenly" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
These are good and easy to use, however, you can sometimes find they tip over if you leave the pan boiling for too long. Easy to clean and leaves no residue or odd taste. Easy to scoop poached egg out when cooked. Have found the eggs take slightly longer to poach than in the instructions but suspect this is a learning curve for user.

Good quality, fun looking, easy to use and highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the green ones!, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
I bought the green Fusion Poachpods first and loved them - perfectly poached eggs in 4 minutes. Then I saw these ones, thought they looked prettier, and thought I'd try them out. They dont come with instructions, so I cooked the eggs for 4 mins as I did in the green ones, but they weren't done - I put them back in, but after 2 more minutes they were still undercooked. So for ease and speed of use, go for the Fusion poachpods.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Fusion Brands Poachpod, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these as a replacement for some tired old Fusion Brands Poachpod as they were a bit cheaper. The reason they are a bit cheaper is that they are not as good. The egg tends to stick to the pod even though it is greased and they are not as easy to clean. So personally I would recommend the Fusion Brands Poachpod not these.

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
I love poached eggs but hate the mess they make in the pan so thought I'd have a go with this funky looking poacher. The first time I used it I followed the instructions and sprayed a little oil into it but found that it stuck a little and it had to be turned inside out to remove the egg. Not easy as the plastic is pretty hot! So, the next time I used it I sprayed the oil and rubbed it around the inside with a bit of kitchen towel. That helped but it still stuck a bit and had to be turned inside out to remove the egg. The next time I used it, I rubbed in some olive spread, still had to turn it inside out and it broke :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Practice makes perfect....hopefully, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
Having always had a bit of a mare doing poached eggs in the traditional way, (throwing into the centre of a whirlpool of boil your hand off water and only able to do one at a time), since the vanishing poaching pan some years back, I was eager to get something to help us be able to both have a poached egg hot off the press at the same time again. These gismos seemed to be the perfect solution, plus the fact they're so flexible and squash into any available nook or cranny in any drawer or cupboard, a bonus when you've got a rabbit hutch for a kitchen like me.

The first thing that surprised me on their arrival was the size! They are humungous and not what I'd expected just to fit in one egg! But, as I say, they're so flexible that large amounts of storage being required just isn't a problem. So, after eagerly washing and drying them I lightly coated the innards with olive oil and got a large pan, (needed to be quite large to fit them in to be honest, but that's not a problem), of water on to boil. Broke an egg into 3 of my four Eddingtons thingies and gently laid them on top of the bubbling fury of water beneath which didn't even mean burnt hands because they are plenty large enough to lower them into the boiling water without scalding! Explains their size, obvious safety feature. Having put the lid straight on the pan as instructed, I set my timer for the maximum 6 minutes as I was using large eggs but having given them the full whack, I will give them less time in future as the centre wasn't exactly runny which is what I'd been aiming for. Still, practice makes perfect eh?

To turn them out I simply run the edge of a teaspoon around them and popped each one out with ease and no mucky bits left to scrape off the silicone either, extra bonus. The silicone washed easily and they were then able to be tucked away with their 4th buddy in a pan drawer taking up hardly any space at all.

Overall, I'm thrilled with my purchase and fully expect to be able to perfect the art of a soft poached egg very soon. Much prefer the healthier option of poached eggs so I shan't let the timing beat me. If I'd managed to get the perfectly poached oeuf first time, I would have awarded this item five stars. But I'd still happily recommend them to others.

Update June 2011- Just wanted to let people know that I did perfect the nice runny yolk type poached egg months ago. Simply need to leave the pods in the saucepan with the lid on for FOUR minutes, no more, no less and they're PERFEGGTION! Love them and have also got other family members hooked on getting them too and similar makes seem to work equally as well so long as they're just cooked for that four minutes with the LID on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooks perfect poached eggs, looks great., 2 Mar 2010
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
Follow the instructions included to cook the perfect poached eggs with little or no hassle every time! Honestly, i just liked the look of them in the flash kitchen shop and hoped it might stop me having a fried egg at the weekends, but it is just so easy with these - no faffing with exact water levels or hanging things on the side.

Must use some oil as directed though otherwise it can be a bit of a scrub to get the bit of egg line off which is why not a 5 star - just doesn't get clean in the dishwasher.

Anyway, most people i know are now getting these for their birthday this year now! Please, buy with confidence. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fantastic product,its so easy to use and turns out perfect poached eggs every time.My wife and i love the meal eggs Benedict and we used to only have them when we ate out at a well known American Diner,now we can have them every day ,Great.
I was taught by my mother how to make poached eggs the traditional way with water and vinegar and i always struggled a bit getting them right but with this product its a whole lot easier to make poached eggs even for a man like me.My advice is don't hesitate to buy these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers (Kitchen & Home)
I have poached eggs in the traditional method for years and was brought these as a gift. Eggs took ages to poach and then were difficult to remove from the pre-oiled poachers. Whites rubbery and yolks part cooked. Reverting to my old method and have consigned these to the bag for the Charity shop.........

Eddingtons Silicone Eggshell Egg Poachers