5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!
Published on 7 Jun 2010 by C. M. Collier

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite the book i thought it would be
the book is ok but the content is not as expected. i've got to try and read it and see the exercises work.... if i feel well enough to try.

it is not medical enough. its a bit as if someone has the answers with just exercise. these pelvic diseases are some of the most soul destroying and awful things ever. especially when once i was well and now some 18...
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by stuck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 7 Jun 2010
C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I got this book because I wasn't feeling quite right,and I'm so glad I did!I had a bit of pain and thought I needed to do my Kegel exercises more,so I kept tightening up and tightening up,and as soon as I started reading I realised I had to relax more! The book arrived on Friday,and by Saturday I was feeling much better.We are always told after a baby we have to pull everything up and in,and never to let go sometimes!
Amy Stein has a series of useful exercises,and the first one is called the pelvic floor drop,where you just breathe deeply and let go,as if you are going to the toilet.This actually strengthens the pelvic floor,and is a great thing for relaxing generally.I found since I have been doing this I am also letting go of a lot of old anger and grief,which makes sense when you read the book,as it states that Eastern cultures see the pelvic floor as the place where the vital energy of your life resides.
I had not realised how many problems are caused by muscle tightness and are misdiagnosed as IBS,thrush,cystitis,and in men,prostratitis,when they can be cured by the methods in this book.
I can only say it helped my mild discomfort,but there are many recommendations from patients at the back,who had things like anal fissure and fistula,vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis,who experienced amazing relief and even cure.
I can't recommend this book too highly,and am going to tell all my friends about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 27 Dec 2009
I bought this book in 2009 after suffering for 3 years with unexplained pelvic pain - I was in agony whether I was sitting, standing or lying down and car journeys were a nightmare. I saw this book by chance and I'm so so glad I did - the first time I did the exercises the pain just went!! I was completely stunned. The pain came back about an hour later but I did the exercises every day, 4 times a day (20 mins for each set which is a large chunk out of the day but so worth it) and now I am completely pain free. I only need to do the exercises if I've been on a long plane journey or to the cinema where I've had to sit in one position for a long time. Like another reviewer, I do feel cross that my GP didn't suggest muscle tightness was the cause of the pain and therefore I suffered needlessly for 3 years (at one point I was offered an operation to remove my bladder!!) but that's in the past and I try and forget about it. Amy Stein is amazing and I can't recommend this book highly enough to anyone who has unexplained pelvic pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy!, 22 Nov 2013
very informative, and more importantly the exercises work! i've had a lot of pelvic joint pain for 5 years during and following 2 pregnancies. despite doctors advice that the pain would go once i stopped breast feeding, the pain started to intensify on stopping and i also started to develop back pain. to say it was making me pretty miserable was an understatement. i decided to purchase this while waiting for a physio appointment.

i'm still just using the 1st set of exercises and i can only fit them in once a day (author recommends more) as they take me 30mins, but they have helped a great deal. but you really have to commit to the exercises - once in a blue moon won't cut it! i recently gave myself "a few days off" and my pain started to return pretty rapidly. i've had the problem for a long time and i think recovery will also take time.

the exercises involve a lot of lying down (my type of exercising!) but it's all about increasing your flexibility and strengthening your core (my physio basically told me my core and stomach muscles are shot, hence a lack of support and hence all the pain). but don't worry it's not all sit ups - more leg and thigh stuff. initially i was shocked at how difficult i found it (i kinda thought i was semi fit - i've got 2 little ones to run around after, i walk a fair amount and i'm pretty average build). i was really struggling to just to get myself off the floor! but that has improved a lot, although i'm still getting some stiffness (think i'll go with a joint supplement).

basically this book is access to a physio who is an expert in her field and it's a great buy. it'll give you some really valuable tools to aid recovery. well it has for me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars seems like it will really help, 9 Oct 2010
I was looking for a natural way to relieve the symptoms of my vulvadynia and intersistial cistitis. I've been following the plan for a fortnight now and i think i am starting to see signs of improvement. It certainly seems a common sense approach, which is likely to help lots of people.It gives convincing scientific answers about why you are getting the pain and why the stretches and exercises will help. If you've been surrering from cronic pelvic pain i'd certainly recommend giving this book a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly helpful, 29 Dec 2013
This is an excellent book. The exercises are time consuming and require dedication .However the effect they have in terms of pain reduction and improving well being are nothing short of a miracle.If you have pelvic pain I cannot recommend this book enough.It was the best money I ever spent !!! I think though that it is scandalous that the medical profession in the UK do not know that this knowledge is out there. I have seen NHS consultants in urology at a big hospital who simply told me to take paracetamol or aplha blockers neither of which helped. Amy Stein though has produced something immensely useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book! Recommended !, 15 Jan 2014
Been suffering pain for the past 5 years and got no answers from the NHS , I started to self diagnosis and my problem and found Amy Stein on the Internet about pelvic floor dysfunction. This book is a 5 star quality I couldn't put it down it was so interesting and goes Into so much detail and can explain your past experience and will help you gain your confidence and future back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing Book, 7 Nov 2010
This is an excellent book which has completely changed my life. I have suffered from pelvic pain for two years. I have consulted many health professionals and they, like myself were bewildered by my condition. I have only had this book a short time but it has enabled me to completely understand my condition and realise I am not going mad. I have slowly started working through the recommended exercises and there has been an incredible improvement to my health. I cannot recommend this book enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good patient information, 3 May 2013
Informative and some interesting theories and exercises for relaxation of the pelvic floor. Also some diet advice for a healthy bowel - more important than most people realise.
Easy read and well set out so you can dip in and still benefit. Suitable for patients and professionals - though some professionals may feel its not 'professional' enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 4 Feb 2014
I have suffered with pelvic pain for over two years and this book is the most helpful book I have read. I am almost now pain free after less than just one month. It is full of the best advice to help cure this awful affliction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative for sufferers of Pelvic Pain, 5 Nov 2010
Quite often 'pelvic pain' is assumed by some Doctors to be vaginismus with possible links to trauma and abuse. Before I started working for Kegel8 and StressNoMore I have to admit that this was my impression too. However working on the helpline and hearing the similar stories day after day, I started to understand how big the problem really is. As with all things pelvic floor related, there is a shame and embarrassment attached to it but in my experience it has a devastating effect on sufferers and their loved ones. Many women and men can suffer for years treating the pain with painkilling medication. Medication kills the pain, but does nothing to help the condition. Today we are more knowledgeable about addiction to painkilling medication so sufferers are looking for alternative solutions - I think Amy Stein has presented a valuable programme to help. Its not just a few exercises, it is a lifestyle change involving exercise, nutrition, stretching and massage. I would never say it will 100% work for every reader, because everyone is different, but this could work for you (but probably not if you just follow one aspect of her therapy i.e. exercise). Amy Stein has had a lot of success with many thousands of patients. Amy Stein and her colleagues have had to work really hard to get their message over to the 'conventional' medical establishment. Stein explains that Pelvic Pain emanates from muscles within the pelvic floor tightening and becoming shorter, and as the book states 'Far too many women head for the drugstore for creams to treat chronic itching burning and discharge - often with dire consequences - when what they really should be doing is the exercise programme within this book'.
There's a short chapter for men too. Stein says that many men who are diagnosed with prostatitis typically suffer with pelvic floor dysfunction and lists what aspects of her programme can help. Vital for men who have had prostate surgery because seldom are they told that physical therapy can help the inevitable incontinence and lack of erections they will suffer post-op.
Easy to follow, with case histories of women, children and one man. A must read if you want to discover natural alternatives to treating and helping in the rehabilitation of pelvic pain, IBS, prostatitis, endometriosis, incontinence etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›