5.0 out of 5 stars Nighties and Nazis
I would reccommend this game to everybody. The German developers should be commended for staying true and not shying away from the horrors of WWII and daring to actually create multi-faceted German soldiers who talk about girlfriends, home and the plight of the 'Lost' - many soldiers do not know the existence of the Holocaust nor the significance of it and the effect it...
Published on 29 May 2009 by Toby Craddock

3.0 out of 5 stars A helpful substitute until the new hitman arrives
I believe this game is not currently recieving the credit it deserves. Yes there are many stealth games that sit firmly in the archives as all time greats, and although i am not necessarily trying to suggest this game be added, i think a lot of people have been quite hasty in their negative opinion of velvet assassin.
I am half way through, and i belive this game...
Published on 30 May 2009 by Mr. V. Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars actually, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
not a bad game, if you like stealth games then this one is pretty good. not much variety on the bad guys but plenty of technique required to keep me interested for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Splinter Cell/Hitman Style with Lara Croft., 21 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I thought this game was great to play. Great story, great character, good control system, good graphics and good gameplay.
It ticks all boxes for me.
Being a big fan of stealth games, I thought I'd try this, even though it had a 3 star rating (to which, I don't know why). It has taken great ideas from past games and rolled them into a world war setting. Splinter Cell, the use of lighting and shadows, the sneaking behind and killing, the hiding of dead bodies, she even has a little whistle like Sam Fisher to distract enemies. Hitman, in some parts of the game you will have to change into a German SS uniform to progress, don't act suspicious and don't get to close to the enemy or they will spot you. Lara Croft, a new heroine in this game, with all the curves of Lara Croft.
The gameplay is great, a lot of clever touches. It is really smooth and everthing blends together nicely, from reloading a gun to the set peices when you kill somebody, to the speed between killing and grabbing a body to hide it. The set pieces when killing are great, she can be very vicious, but she can be clever too. Take for example, when you have your gas mask on and you enter a toxicated room, rather than stab the guy she will creep up behind and pull their gas mask off..... neat.
The level's are good. Mostly stealthy play, but at some point, especially near the end, there is a lot of gunplay to survive. This mixes up the stealth/action well IMO.
My only negative is that the story is a bit short, I got around 7-8 hours out of the story and that was taking things slowly. It will depend on how you play. If you like to go for acheivements then you'll prob get around 20 hours, maybe more depending on how you play.
All in alL I found this game real fun. Happy I bought it and will keep me going until Hitman: Absolution.
GIVE IT A GO.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Real Suprise, 16 Jun 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game really suprised me this is a good game and doesn't deserve all the cristism it gets a really good story line graphics are really good and the gameplay is good

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't as good as i anticipated, 8 Aug 2009
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
As soon as i read this game description before it was released, i was on edge waiting for it. Thinking wow, finally a World War game that isn't all about tearing up the army in a heavey shooting game.

I've always loved stealth in games, but this game lacked what i needed to remain interested.

I loved the whole idea of following the story true to the actual diaries written, i loved all the cutscenes to portray them.

However playing the game was a different story, no jump, and call me modern but i cannot get into a game with no Y axis.

Also the combat was very, very basic, i know its a stealth game but so was assassin creed which had great combat. (even if people did complain about 1 button = amazing kill)

I only played the first and second level of this game so perhaps i'm not giving the best review, but to kill i found very little methods, one was creeping up behind and tapping a button, other methods consisted of;
Using adrenaline to charge the enemy from the front,
Whistling to gain their attention (i kinda liked this idea)
Shooting (I only found one gun, which had 7 bullets, so you won't be doing too much shooting i presume)

So to sum up, i found the gameplay very rigid, impossible to make up your own methods, routes, you could only do one thing and this in my opinion, is the reason why it's fun raitng is 1 star.

I'm giving overall 3 because i loved the cutscenes and the reading of the actual diary.

Make of this review, what you will, if you're into rigid gameplay, stealth orientated games, this is for you.

If you love to make up your own routes, stray from the guided paths, then look elsewhere for your kicks i'm afraid.

Assassins creed 2 isn't too far away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too slow ... too boring, 30 Jun 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I buy a lot of games as soon as they come out so don't often take too much notice of the 1st reviews of games as they seem to have been written by developers themselves or people who really have TOO much inside knowledge.
Anyway for once I am going to write a review as I was genuinely bored within 10 mins and the gameplay / controls were poor. Personally I'd avoid this game as it really isnt good enough, developed enough and seems to have been released to suit a deadline rather than to offer out a good game!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste., 25 July 2009
R. Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
i cant get into this game, it is just boring and not very well put together.

i wish i had not bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing!!!!!!!!, 10 May 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Well I bought this game on the 8th and it has taken me 2 days to complete with non-stop playing. I thought Velvet Assassin was very good graphic wise but think there could have been more of a story line with a proper ending. When I completed it, it seemed to end as if I was still in the middle of the game. It would also been nicer if the Violet could have done things quicker like Lara Croft, such as climbing over fences, pushing blocks and reloading guns. More weapons would have also been nice thing to have. Unfortunatley I won't be keeping this game. My rating is 7/10. Sorry Replay Studios!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Game EVER, 14 May 2009
Mr. Stuart E. Loube "stulo1" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is the worst game I have ever played. The controls are horrible. The game play is repetitive and boring. The story is rubbish. I found it to be a disappointing game, over all. I warn everyone who is considering to buy this game to not waste their money. It's one on the worst pieces or rubbish ever made in the last ten years.

Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360)
Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) by Southpeak (Xbox 360)
9.99