5.0 out of 5 stars Decent door bell
Published on 14 Sep 2009 by Dave2mouse

2.0 out of 5 stars nice idea, badly made
The unit works fine but the bell push is badly designed.. It is near impossible to open and it is equally difficult to insert the battery. To cap it all the bell push has a gap at the top and the first rain shower will no doubt short the electrics inside. I bought this after much research and am very disappointed with the shoddy manufacturing quality
Published 15 months ago by ijbruce

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent door bell, 14 Sep 2009
Dave2mouse (penn, High Wycombe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
This door bell is extremly easy to set up. 2 screws in the bell push for fixing and some batteries in the main unit and away you go.Good sounding chimes (i liked the hippy flute one but the Mrs said NO), volume control, flashing light if needed. Also this a modular unit according to their website so you can add other things in. If your house is big enough (mines not) to have a back door bell, the main unit will tell you which door has rung. There are other bits as well so have a look on their website before purchasing. We have been using this with the same batteries for 6 months and no problems.

*UPdate* I am just about to change the batteries since we first purchased this item. Put decent batteries in and they last! Still really chuffed we bought this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well through walls, 16 Feb 2010
M. White (Reading) - See all my reviews
I have tried several different wireless doorbells recently and couldnt find any that worked until now.

I have an office in the back garden and I couldnt find a wireless doorbell that would transmit from the front door of my house, through the front porch, through the living room and out in to the office in my back garden. I have now found that doorbell.

This is a great piece of kit, not the cheapest, but you pay for quality - well made, and set up in minutes.

Be aware that the main unit takes 4 x C size batteries which were quite expensive from my local hardware store.

Highly recommended and very quick delivery - thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 23 Nov 2010
D. G. Crossley (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This door chime does everything claimed and was incredibly easy to set up and install. The chimes really are CD quality and there is more than enough volume control. Being a bit of a traditionalist, I only use the straight forward "bing bong" chime, but there are five others to choose from. I always adopt the adage that "you get what you pay for" and this is definitely the case with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Door Bell, 11 Sep 2010
After being frustrated by my previous wireless door bell (a different manufacturer) not ringing when used etc I decided to search around for a replacement. Well I couldn't be more pleased :) This compact door bell is fantastic. The range is brilliant, I can activate the door bell (press the bell push) at the front of my house at the chime will ring at the end of my garden over 250ft away!
It has different chimes, a volume adjustment, a strobe light and an icon which indicates as well when the chime is activated (there are options so you can turn off the strobe light etc, but as this flashes after the sound has finished it can be quite handy if you want to double check that your bell was activated). Overall I am really pleased, excellent product. Also this runs on the 868mhz range so reduces cross talk (false activations) from baby monitors, cb radios etc. The item includes a battery for the bell push but unfortunately doesn't include the batteries for the Chime.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a decent bell, 13 Mar 2010
We've has all sorts of attempts to find a door bell that works reliably and doesn't do stupid things (or nothing at all)! At last we seem to have succeeded.

This one is sturdy, looks presentable wherever you put it, and will work anywhere - even at the end of the garden. It was easy to set up - just 2 screws in the bell push and four batteries in the main unit. The Instructions for setting the chime, loudness, etc are very simple.

It remains to be seen how long the unit will keep up its good performance - but it all looks very hopeful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good Product Chime Kit, 9 Feb 2010
W. Carpenter (Upminster England) - See all my reviews
Delivered on time arrived in good condition. Used nearly every day and can be moved into the garden in the summer
a great design. We have the Chime Kit near the front door and can hear the chimes all over the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, loud and visible with good range, 15 July 2010
S. G. Luxmore "StuLux" (Cardiff UK) - See all my reviews
This has been a good buy. I have tried this doorbell at the bottom of my back garden which is c. 50m from the bell push and the signal had to go through a UPVC front door, 2 solid wood inner doors and a glass french door plus 40m of garden and it worked fine. The volume control can be set from virtually silent to quite a loud sound and the flashing light goes on for a little after the chimes have stopped so if you had any doubt about whether the doorbell had rung when you get near the door the flashing light confirms that it did.
Too early to tell how long batteries will last, the only thing I would have liked would have been more choice of chimes/tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant doorbell, 31 Jan 2010
I have had other cordless doorbells that ring when nobody is at the door, and doesn't ring when there is. Not with this model. Highly recommended. Simple to install choice of volume (loudest very loud)and ringtones. Can be fitted with another bell push for another door. It also has other features that I have not exlored yet. See manufacurers website for details.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect........almost!, 6 Jan 2013
D. Thorpe "DT" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I (almost) cannot praise this enough. It seems well constructed and the sounds are not cheesy like some other doorbells I've come across. In fact all the classy ding dongs are there. One even sounds as if a creepy butler should open your door for you. I have bought a second button-unit as we often have callers to the back/side door of the house. In fact most callers come round the side. I have programmed the main unit to identify the doors with individual ding-dongs so that I don't go to the wrong door. It was VERY easy to set up. Space for more items like intruder triggers etc. should I want them. We have used the adhesive pads for the door bell buttons. The white looks perfect on the white PVC door frames. Why then have I docked a star? Our house has thick walls. The trigger-signal gets through them without any problems. We have the main unit central to the two buttons, in the lounge. We have turned the unit up to it's loudest setting and it's pretty loud. However, the speaker is at the back of the unit and as soon as you mount the unit on the wall the effect is gone, reducing the volume by (I would say) at least half. Had the speaker been placed on the front this problem wouldn't exist. We have decided to put the unit free standing on the windowsill for now with the front of the unit against the wall edge of the window. This of course means that the visual indications can't be seen, but that's fine because we know which 'ding-ding' is for which door. We can't wall mount it because we will not hear the door bell go off from upstairs. Don't get me wrong this is still a brilliant product. Perhaps there's a good reason why it's designed that way, perhaps aesthetics, but I personally would have preferred the speaker to have been front mounted. Great product otherwise. Don't let this put you off. If your home isn't all that big or thick-walled, wall-mounting will probably be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Libra Professional Chimes, 13 Jun 2009
Excellent loud chimes.We can hear them through out the Bungalow.Good price and delivery, very satisfied.