5.0 out of 5 stars Volume Limit Removed!!
I recently bought this iPod classic from a local PC world on sale after my previous 7th Gen classic died after dropping it one too many times.
I have decided to post a review on here as it might help some customers wondering if the Volume cap issue was addressed by Apple.
Published 7 months ago by Traffic

Published 11 months ago by Oskar Pig

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume Limit Removed!!, 29 Dec 2013
Traffic (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black - 7th Generation (Electronics)
The good news is yes, it has been. With Firmware version 2.0.5 there is an option to Disable "EU Volume Limit" within settings.
The bad news is that most existing iPod Classic 7th gen owners are unable to upgrade existing 2.0.4 firmware revisions.
I'm not sure if this was done consciously by Apple in order to make customers go out and buy new iPods but it's a possibility.
I have tried to upgrade the firmware of my friend's iPod classic 7th gen from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 but it simply does not work. There are various forums confirming the same problem.

If you are in the market for a new iPod classic and were worried about the much reported volume cap then you can rest assured it's been addressed. just make sure you pick up the latest iPod classic 7th Gen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music player with a huge capacity, 4 Jun 2014
Timothy Jones (Northants) - See all my reviews
There is a lot of choice when it comes down to portable devices for on the go entertainment, from basic storage / playback "boxes", through gadget rich touchscreens, to audiophile quality FIIO type mp3 players.

I wanted a solid multimedia capable device with proven reliability and quality, which has a track record of surviving the rigorous commuter trip or longhaul flight, and with a battery which lasts the journey. In addition I needed a capacity which did not require a high level of selectivity when deciding which of my extensive music and video libraries to transfer to the device - an issue that I found increasingly frustrating with my previous 16GB Nano.

This led to just one option - the 160GB IPOD Classic. Massive capacity (I just sync my entire library), long battery life, iconic design which I actually prefer to touch screen, colour screen, and still small enough to be incredibly portable with shirt pocket sizing.

Provided you can live with apple software limitations I would have no hesitation in recommending the Classic as a must have accessory for reliable on the go multi-media.

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th Generation/6th Generation - all the same product just a different price, 9 Aug 2013
Apple don't describe the current iPod Classic 160GB model as either 6th Generation or 7th Generation, it's just that the current iPod Classic model followed the 5th Generation and vendors have taken it upon themselves to label it such. Since the 5th Generation models the iPod Classic 160GB has been through two iterations - fat and thin. Originally the 160GB capacity was achieved through a dual platter hard drive - hence the fat descriptor. Since the Classic 160GB's relaunch in 2011 it has used a single platter hard drive - hence the thin descriptor. This model is exactly the same as: Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation. Do yourself a favour, save 30 or so by buying the current model described as 6th Generation as it is exactly the same as this model but cheaper [think about it why don't amazon.co.uk directly sell the 7th generation model - because it's no different to the 6th generation model, that's why].

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipod Classic 160gb, 27 Feb 2012
This has to be one of the best ipods ever with a huge storage capacity and impressive sound. I have had several ipods (nano, classic, touch and the ipad) and although I love the ipod touch and my ipad, the largest capacity for both is 64gb which is quickly filled up. I use the classic for hundreds of audio books (thank you Audible!), podcasts and of course loads of CDs.
The sound on the 7th generation is better because of an upgrade to the hard drive -apparently. Geeks will know more than me about this than me. All I can say is that if you are a serious listener you need this ipod.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great ipod., 9 Jun 2014
Ian Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
Replaced my old 30gig classic. This ones great, lots more room, lots more music
Does what it says on the can

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 9 Jun 2014
I have had several mp3 players but never considered Apple before. But I was looking for good quality, large memory for my cd collection. This did it perfectly nice design and very easy to use. Good buy and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod, 7 Jun 2014
Arrived in a couple of days, very stylish and east to use. Once set up I am sure I will have days of entertainment from this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest gadget EVER!!, 4 Jun 2014
Its all been said before.....fantastic invention!! My 16k tracks got swallow up by the 160bg and it asked for more. I know there is not much of a choice in the market if you want an MP3 with a huge memory, but this one is all I need. Supplier was good too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple candy, 27 May 2014
Well this just looks as sweet as it works. Best MP3 on the market in my opinion, holds more music than anything else ive found. Top quality kit from Apple

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPod 7th Generation, 26 May 2014
Brought this as birthday gift for my hubby - he was very well pleased - bought the cover case too for protection - good move