5.0 out of 5 stars cupcakes and carwheels ribbon watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute concept, but it doesn't really work
Published 11 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars cupcakes and carwheels ribbon watch, 5 April 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This watch looks good on both adults and children. Until recently I had a Cupcakes and Cartwheels watch and the interchangable ribbon straps mean you can make the watch go well with any outfit. It is a very good quality watch and in all the time I had it I never had to change the battery. It's a lovely watch and I thoroughly recommend buying one. It's a great present to buy for a teenage girl too. The only drawback is that it isn't waterproof. I was daft enough to forget I'd put it in the pocket of my jeans and it went into the washing machine and siezed up. Apart from that it's a perfect gift!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute concept, but it doesn't really work, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
Found this on Amazon and bought for my 11 year old daughter to give at a friends birthday party. When we received it, both my daughter and I oohed and aahed over it. It's very colorful and pretty. I suggested my sister in law buy one for my daughter for her birthday. At first my daughter loved it. But... The watch simply sits on a ribbon (which are darling!) and to secure you tie in a bow on your wrist. It ends up looking a bit big on your wrist and my daughter can't really put it on herself. She hasn't worn it after the first week. It's a very cute concept, I just wish the closing mechanism was nicer.

4.0 out of 5 stars watch review, 9 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
A very pretty and unusual watch. Each time I wear it (which is very often) people comment on how original it is. It is a little tricky to tie the ribbons securely onto your wrist yourself but it can be done with some effort. The ribbons used as straps are quite bold, bright and jazzy and as such may be difficult to tone with outfits. However, as you can change these ribbon straps you are able to use any of your own ribbons to tone in with the outfit you are wearing. I have a collection of plain ribbons and have been able to mix and match.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gorgeous!, 22 Nov. 2008
Kerry White (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
This is what is says on the box - a watch with a series of different ribbon straps.

The watch face has a solid feel and is very attractive in a classic and feminine way. Every day you can change the ribbon to match your outfit. It makes for a quirky and different watch - I absolutely love mine and it has drawn lots of compliments.

For the price it is really good value, a lovely packaged good quality item.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very happy 7 year old, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
This was a present and achieved the reaction of delight every gift giver hopes for. The product arrived promptly and in perfect condition. Inside it is beautifully presented

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
The watch looked good quality and the ribbons were very pretty. The only thing that let it down was the pink plastic case which was cheap and nasty. I bought this as a present so I was a little disappointed that the case made it look cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for young girls, 17 Jan. 2012
Knowles79 (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
I bought this for a friends 10 year old daughter and our 2 nieces for Christmas. It's a lovely gift, in a pink box, with ribbon, the watch face is nice and seemed good quality and all the ribbons were thick and seemed good quality too. A brilliant gift for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interchangeable straps, 25 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
What a great idea being given the choice of a watch strap to wear to complete your outfit for the day. A bit fiddly to actually put onto wrist but as long as help is at hand then no problems. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL TIME..........TIC TOCK, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ribbon Watch with Interchangeable Straps (Pink) (Toy)
WOW! What a cool idea....

This really is a fun watch. I purchased X 2 as gifts. A Birthdays one for an age 10 year old, then a Christmas one for an age 7 year old......

The watch is very well made. a nice weight to it. Easy to read also..
The Quartz watch measures approx 3.4 cm x 4 cm x 0.5 cm without the strap. Its not over sized at all..
The Straps, Each of the straps measures 60cm x 2.5cm (2' x 1") A fabulous length for tying a bow in. It looks wonderful on.

Colours/Choice on offer, Gingham or They say Blue. I chose the Blue which is stripy a better choice for matching outfits. you get as many as 11 straps in total.....Brilliant..

The other thing is they say the strap is satin I must disagree! it feels soft enough but is more like a shiny cotton. Tougher...

I have to say that I will be buying more of these. What a wonderful gift. The little girls are over the moon with their watches and jumped with excitement at the choice of straps. 2 very happy little girls.

A TOTAL MUST HAVE FOR ANY LITTLE GIRL..... ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 7 Oct. 2013
I brought this for my girlfriend and it very clever she loves the way you change the ribbons and the colours are beautiful