Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 4 October 2004
Christy Moore's music is generally fantastic, and Voyage is a much recommended album. This is probably the album to go for if you are new to Christy Moore's music, it is fairly upbeat (all save the last track) but listening carefully to the tracks there are often hidden meanings and melancholy stories to learn from them, as is often the case with true folk music.

"Mystic Lipstick" is an excelent track to start the CD with...you'll find yourself bouncing along with the lively beat in no time...but listen carefully...it is not such a happy tale as it first appears. The middle tracks are all terrific as well and the CD ends with a very haunting, melancholy track "Middle of the Island".
This is an album that has barely dated - great songs beautifully sung by a man who is a living legend. Powerful songs of social conscience mix with beautiful ballads and an effortless switch of styles. The tale of failed exile, Missing You, is one of Christy's best-known songs, and still has an angry resonance over twenty years after it was written.

Jimmy McCarthy's Bright Blue Rose, with its enigmatic, mysterious lyrics, is one of the loveliest songs that Christy sings - the CD is worth buying for this alone.
on 11 July 2014
Let's get the namedropping out of the way before we go any further . Bob Davenport introduced me to a young curly haired red faced Irishman in the bar of the Guildhall on a hot summer's night in 1969 . I have followed the young Irishman ever since and he has turned out to be quite a talent . Unfortunately , this is not one of his better efforts . The music is fine - it could hardly be otherwise with old partners in crime Declan Sinnott and Donal Lunny in attendance . The problem is the songs which are fairly duff . One afternoon I intend to go through my collection to see how many versions of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face are lurking there . The Moore virgins should go for Ride On .
on 1 April 2016
Discovered this singer on a brief visit to Dublin last year. They were playing one of his albums in pub we were eating in and I asked who it was. you cant fault this music, its magical. Glad I've tracked him down at last.
on 15 July 2011
This is the very best Moore Cd. Be careful buying the other ones there are some just decent (like "Listen").
It's a masterpiece, I heard it so many times and each time it gives me the same emotions-
on 6 November 2013
Love this CD. It has some great songs on it. Well worth the money. Of course the best song is "Voyage" and the reason I bought it, but there are other great songs too.
on 9 September 2013
I was very happy with my choice of cd. I love Christy Moores music, and the price was excellent. The delivery was very fast too
on 28 February 2013
This is one I have had for years and it just got worn out so now I have my brand new one.
on 3 April 2009
since reciving this CD plus others they have rarely been out of my cars player thank you
on 20 March 2016
Christy Moore at his best, 'nuff said........