4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant debut...
About a year ago, I downloaded the single These Streets from the itunes store as it was their single of the week. From the first listen, I fell in love with the song and played it repeatedly until the album came out.

Published on 25 April 2007 by Phil Waldon

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but eclipsed by Sunny Side UP
My 1st Paulo Nutini Album was SUNNY SIDE UP... which I absolutely love. Saw this and obviously wanted to get it...

Was disappointed. It's a reasonable album, with some great tracks. But compared to SSU, it just seems a lot more dreary!!

Hope Paulo Nutini Album #3 builds on the success and positivity of SSU...
Published on 26 Feb 2011 by Book Worm

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant debut..., 25 April 2007
Phil Waldon "waldophil" (Walton on Thames, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)

By that time I had also downloaded the single Last Request which is another very strong song so I was highly anticipating the full album which certainly doesn't disappoint.

Whilst These Streets remians by far my favourite song, the album is a whole is excellent from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album of 2006, 11 Dec 2006
S. Qua (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
I don't normally write reviews but this is a special occasion because "These Streets" is the best CD I have ever listened to. I listen to a lot of music but this is the first time I can say every single track on this album is a winner - right through from beginning to end and the hidden track - an acoustic version of Last Request is amazing. Paolo Nutini is an extremely talented singer/songwriter for his age. His lyrics are clever and tell interesting stories.

I saw him recently and his voice is even more beautiful live. For me, this has been the best album for 2006. Buy this CD - you will not regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars much better than i expected., 21 Mar 2007
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
that says it all really. this album was so much better than i expected. i thought i'd give it a go after hearing a couple of his songs on the radio, but for some reason i expected this debut album to be slightly more average, so i was surprised by the brilliance of nutini's songwriting. his voice has a lovely, gravelly sexiness to it and you can really hear his scottish accent, which i thought i might find annoying but i actually rather like it. some of the songs, rewind and these streets in particular, are so full of emotion and pain that they actually made me feel a bit teary. i think that the album seems to trail off a bit towards the end, but still well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars how old???????, 28 Oct 2006
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
bought this on the sayso of my cousin and i have to say this.....how old is this lad is he really 19? the word in his songs are fabulous and so mature this CD has not been out of my car. the opening 2 songs are the most popular (probably) but not the best IMO rewind is just a fantastic song with heartfelt lyrics these streets is a song describing of how he enjoyed his life away from the big city and how he misses the ease of it. hey even a song about new shoes is uplifting and fun. Autumn is my personal favourite a fabulous song of needing someone. all in all an album far and away so mature Bond this lad's years and his voice goes hand in hand with these beautifully crafted song's. i cant wait to see if he can sing as good as this live . i have no doubt he can!!! buy this you will not be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars FLAWLESS, 12 Nov 2006
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
Ok i really wanted this album when i first heard last request so i looked on here and saw all the 5 star reviews. I was encouraged bu they seemed to all be by people who were older than me and i wondered if it was really for my age group. But i went with the reviews and bought it like they said and i was not by any means disppointed. Every track on the album is flawless. His voice has a sound and a soft edgy sound to it that can be listened to at any time. At the moment my favourites are new shoes and these streets but i also absolutely love the rest of them! So basically what i am trying to say is this is a CD for all age groups (im in my late teens by the way) so GO OUT AND BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go see this young man live--he's fantastic, 27 Nov 2006
Mrs. M. Mcmullin "Max" (Belfast, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic. Ever track tells a story of a different part of his young life since moving from across the border in Scotland to London to make music. I couldn't wait to hear him live and he did not dissapoint. His current tour is probably sold out, but he has released dates for next year. I'm just gutted that he hasn't included Belfast for next year again. Hopefully he will realise how fantastic the people here are and come back again soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding talent !, 20 Dec 2006
E. Banks (GLASGOW, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
This guy is unbelievable, I can't beleive he is only 19! I recenty went to see him at the Carling Academy Glasgow he really is amazing live, one of the best live performances I have ever seen. Every song on his album is brilliant, definitely the best album of 2006, if you havn't allready got this...GET IT !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album., 26 Dec 2006
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
This album is probably my favourite of 2006. It's one I never get tired of listening to and I can quite happily listen to the album straight through, without skipping a track.

The fact that he is only 19 comes as quite a surprise to a lot of people; his voice is mature and amazing. The live version of 'Last Request' at the end is stunning, and I can say that after having seen this kid live three times, he is very special and outstanding live. His songs tell a story of love, losing love, wanting it back, family, leaving home for the first time and also returning. There is something in this album that I believe everyone can relate to. His 'story' is told beautifully.

Buy this album; you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a league of his own!!!, 10 Jan 2007
W. Morris (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
This album is the best album i have purchased for sometime. Having heard 'Jenny dont be hasty' on the radio several times i rushed to the shops to see what this guy was all about and i was not dissapointed.

'Last Request' and 'Rewind' are two of the highlight tracks on the album but 'These Streets', 'Million Faces' and 'New Shoes' also deserve a mention. Every track on this album is brilliant!!!!

Since i purchased this album it hasnt left my car stereo and for an album to do that it has to be something special. Paolo is going to be massive this year, this album has certainly put him well and truely on the map!

A must buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 20 Aug 2007
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
First saw Paolo on the Diana concert or Live Earth. He intrigued me so much by the way he hung on to the microphone, bent in two and shut his eyes!! I was hooked and I am fifty years young. None of the reviews do him or his music any justice. His songs are amazing, I too listen to them over and over again and never get bored. His voice is really good..sexy and 'gravvely' as one person put it! He will only be a one album wonder if he chose not to record any more! Lets see more of you Paolo. My 25 year old daughter thinks the same of him as I do. I even sent her the album and shes delighted with it! Paolo is different/unique...Buy buy buy his album (and the next !!)A very excited, hooked lady! Very very good.

These Streets