5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
I spent a fair amount of time listening to the available alternatives, and thank goodness I chose this recording. My criteria was a good quality recording, with clear crisp sounds. I wanted to be able to pick up all the nuances of the music, rather than have a muffled wall of sound, that can so often be the result in the dies irae. Superb recording.
Published on 31 Jan 2012 by Nigel

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality
I wanted an mp3 version to play on my pc as I work, and must admit I did go for the cheapest - now I know why it was cheap! Every now and then the cd "jumps" or "sticks". It is a poor recording. Sorry!
Published 7 months ago by Sue Mathias

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 31 Jan 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 17 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 14 May 2013
Alan (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mozart : Requiem & Ave Verum Corpus (MP3 Download)
This is a very competent if a little overly powerful rendition of Mozart's unfinished Requiem but having said that I enjoyed it and is very good value, you may like it more this is just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars sublime, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mozart : Requiem & Ave Verum Corpus (MP3 Download)
having recently traveled to Vienna and seeing an octet of stringed instruments playing Mozart I had to add to my
CD collection .

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: Mozart : Requiem & Ave Verum Corpus (MP3 Download)
This is great! I love Mozart but would hardly describe myself as knowledgeable and indeed my knowledge of his Requiem in D minor amounted to a cut down version of around 11 minutes which appears to be the standard available in most mediums (i.e. Amadeus Soundtrack, Youtube et al) a sort of "highlights" of Mozart which is an horrendous thought!!!! Needless to say I am thrilled to discover that there are indeed a further 40 odd minutes to discover! Eureka! Thoroughly delighted and this is a fab recording! I really don't care that Sussmayer had a hand in this, it's beautiful and he deserves credit for his contribution anyway in my opinion! Enjoy!