4.0 out of 5 stars HANDY FOR KIDS SCHOOL TRIPS
Borrowed one of these of a friend of mine when my son went on a school trip. He's not keen on sandwiches and prefers hot food. Managed to almost fit an Innocent Veg Pot contents in it. So long as you warm the flask first with boiling water (like it says on the instuctions) then the food stays hot. He went at 7am and didn't eat his lunch till 2pm and he said it was...
Published on 2 Dec 2009 by A. SHAW

1.0 out of 5 stars Better products are available
This item does not keep food hot for very long. Also after the second use the bottom of the flask had started to discolour (it looks like rust marks to me). Customer service said I should clean it with a stain remover (they suggested bicarbonate of soda). My gripe is that this had "stained" after just the second use. They didn't even reply to my request for a refund...
Published 20 months ago by anniechan

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Will be returning this item, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thermos Everyday Food Jar, Stainless Steel, 0.5 Litre (Kitchen & Home)
Not only was this dented which was disappointing as it was a Christmas gift, but I have now been informed by the recipient that it doesn't even work. She used it for soup which was boiling hot when put in but only tepid when opened 3 hrs later. I spent hours reading reviews for many flasks before selecting, what a waste of time. Not fit for purpose and I have no idea if this is connected to the fact it is dented and maybe the vacuum seal is damaged or if it's just a rubbish product. Expected better from Thermos.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov 2012
I bought this because Thermos are usually reliable - but after 6 hours in this flask soup is only lukewarm. The construction of the lid does not appear to be of a similar thermal quality as the rest of the flask.

1.0 out of 5 stars thermos, 22 Nov 2012
Very unhappy, flask of soup was cold in under one hour, total waste of time and money. I bought this for my son who drives a lorry and thought a nice flask of hot soup or flask of of stew would keep him going for the morning and he phoned to say soup luke warm after only an hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug 2014
Great for keeping food warm for young ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK if you like cold food, 6 Jun 2011
These are such a great idea but they just dont work! I have other Thermos flasks which are great, but with this product you can feel that the outside of the flask gets hot when you put hot soup or whatever in it - it should be insulated but clearly it isn't and it loses heat like this quite rapidly. I find that if I put hot soup in it at 8.00 it is nearly cold by lunchtime. Very disappointing. Mine doesnt leak but thats about all you can say for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only keeps food lukewarm, 24 Feb 2010
LVHO (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item to allow me to bring hot food to work for my lunch, as there is no microwave in my office. It is a disappointing product.

I have followed the instructions of pouring boiling water into the thermos (usually around 7am), putting the lid on and leaving it to heat up for 10 minutes. I heat up my food on the stove till it is boiling hot, tip out the water in the thermos, then add in my food.

By midday, my lunch is at best lukewarm (but still edible). I originally put fried noodles into it, but thought they didnt stay warm as there was 'too much air between the noodles', but i've tried putting soup in it today all the way to the lid to fill in all space, but am still not getting a hot lunch out of it.

The size of the thermos is great though - 500ml is perfect for a lunchtime meal - if only it stayed hot for 4 hours! The mouth of the thermos is also large enough to eat straight out of it without tipping into a bowl (and it is also easy to fill).

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed!, 10 Jun 2011
Bought this flask because I need a flask with a proper lid [all those "pour through" stoppers drive me barmy, impossible to keep clean], and the cheap and cheerful ones I own have started to leak from lid seal.
So thought I'd go for Thermos cos has a proper plastic seal lid, and the "brand identity".

Arrived, evidently smaller than the 500ml flasks I have.
So I filled it with precisely 500ml, put the lid, it overflows.
Hmmm. So it's NOT actually 500ml capacity. Not a good start.
It says don't wash in dishwasher - fair enough - and to wash before using. So I washed it. Left to dry on drainer, when I went to use it the next day, sloshing water could be heard. ? ! There is a small [3mm?] hole in base, which allows water to get in, but not out! Base doesn't unscrew, so you have a flask designed for food that can only be washed suspended upside down over the sink ?! Nonsense!!!
So I drilled out the hole, emptied the water, and filled it with glue, so at least I could wash it in a washing up bowl.
Hmmmm again!.
Then, actually went to use the darn thing. Filled with coffee at 9.30 am. Went to drink coffee at 11 am - lukewarm.

Can't return it cos I drilled it to let out the water.
What a useless bit of kit.
Sorry Thermos, you really will have to try harder if you want people to pay a premium price - there are loads of cheap products out there, and so far they seem to do a better job than yours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Issues with the cover, 23 April 2013
I bought the flask last Sept but only used it for the 1st time in January 2013.
I bring homemade soup for lunch to work. The flask keeps the soup nice and hot till lunch time at 12.30 so I am very happy with that.
What I am disappointed about is the cover. It doesnt close neatly, so the cover is tilted to one side and always leaves a gap on one side of the flask. Each time I use the flask, I will spend at least 5 mins struggling to turn the cover to ensure it is probably secured. As it is carrying liquid, I am wary that the cover will pop open and spill the liquid as I carry it to work. I tested it once where I turned the flask upside down, liquid started to spill from side where the gap is.
I have another one which I have been using for past 10 years and I have never had any issue with the cover.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thermos food warmer - poor, 20 Nov 2012
I bought this flask for my husband to take soups to work. He said that the soup is barely Luke warm within 3-4 hours of putting it in. I then (stupidly)bought another one thinking that perhaps there was a fault with it, the new one does exactly the same thing. I would not recommend this food flask what so ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 19 April 2014
I've tried other thermo flasks before and they have all been useless. This one is fab! Instead of sandwiches for lunch. my kids can now enjoy hot meals. Still steaming hot by lunch time even though I make it early in the morning.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›