Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£7.64+ £1.26 shipping

on 22 November 2009
This latest CD showcases just how good Joe Brown and his group are. Many just remember him as a 1960's pop singer with a few hits, but he's moved on a tremendous way since, and "More of the Truth" is a sample of what his fans will hear on his latest tour. His live shows are amazingly varied - from country to gospel, close harmony to instrumentals, Italian lovesongs to rock-and-roll, so you just know that if one song doesn't quite hit the spot, another favourite will be along soon. "More of the Truth" doesn't include any of the banter between the songs that you get with a live performance, but the tuneful singing and superb playing are all captured.

This has to be my favourite Joe Brown album yet, starting off with a bang with the brilliant "Leave that liar alone", followed by Joe's tribute to George Harrison with "That's the way it goes" which includes stunning guitar playing by Joe's son Pete, and takes in Joe's self-penned rock-and-roll "Ain't too old" and Elvis's "All shook up" along the way.

Joe's been touring and recording for over 50 years - let's hope he's got a few more miles left!
on 14 October 2008
I've really got into Joe recently; bought all the CD's I can from Amazon and the concert DVD as well - all very good. This is no exception!

The choice of songs is excellent, as is the musicianship, but Joe is the star as his guitar and vocals dominate.

It certainly is More of the Truth, rather than the pretentious bull that many modern artists try to peddle. No posing, just great music lovingly played.

Enjoy...
on 18 October 2008
I first saw Joe on stage in 1963 - and I also saw him again this year!
This CD is excellent!! Some of the songs are already featured in his stage show - should you get chance to see him, please do!! Another terrific release from one of Britains most loved performers. BUY!!!!
on 2 May 2009
I re-discovered Joe when I picked up a used copy of "56 & Taller than you Think". Had been living in North America for 30 years & thought Joe had retired. Well that album knocked me out & I've bought everything he's released since then. This is up to his usual high standard as far as I'm concerned. Great musicianship & a good selection of songs, & contrary to another reviewer I think his version of the U2 song is great, different from the original, but still great.
on 23 April 2009
I am very impressed with this CD. More of the Truth
It demonstrates how virsatile Joe Brown is and that after 50 years he is still producing great music for a wide range of people to enjoy. He has a great support band who play a big part in making the CD so appealing.
on 22 October 2008
my dad used to listen to joe brown when i was a kid,and we saw him live in the 80s. heard some tracks on radio 2. got the cd for my dads 65 birthday,its so good i might keep it.pure natural sound great songs.proper music.joe brown,what a legend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2015
To say that this CD is not normally what I would listen to is an understatement but having picked this up in a job lot of CD's at a boot fair recently I decided to give it a spin.

Frankly, I was amazed at how good 'More Of The Truth' was and even more amazed at how fresh, current and inventive Joe's songs and musical arrangements were considering he has been 'in the game' for over 50 years. Most artists seem to 'fade into mediocrity' the longer in the tooth they get and the more content with life they become but not Joe!

Right from the off this album grabs your attention and refuses to let you go. The musicianship is superb throughout and all of the songs feature some awesome guitar playing, great, catchy riffs and hook lines. What really makes this record such a winner though is the quality of most of the songs. 'Everybody's Famous' is full of sharp observational comedy and irony and the philosophical closing, 'No Cadillac' will surely serve as Joe's final statement to the world when his time comes...

A couple of the cover songs are a tad ambitious but Joe gets away with not really having the voice for the material by adding his own distinctive flavour to the songs - 'All Shook Up' being a much slowed down, wry and witty fun song rather than a vibrant rocker.

With a variety of musical styles, textures and flavours on show here and songs for every mood and whim, 'More Of The Truth' is an excellent album and one I shall be keeping as part of my collection!
VINE VOICEon 13 April 2011
Far from his 1960's pop recordings, this album is a showcase of Joe Brown's outstanding musicianship nowadays. Tracks include U2 and George Harrison, blues, rock 'n' roll and plenty of Joe Brown originals, with Joe and his band tackling them all superbly. This is the best album that I have bought for quite some time and I recommend it to anyone who likes good music played to the highest standard.
on 18 March 2011
Joe Brown continues to produce quality albums of fine music.

Loaded with new and traditional songs Joe's musicianship backed with a stella band makes for great listening.

Joe is fantastic live for those who like 'real' music.

Buy this and get hooked. A real gent is Joe.

Bluefrog
on 12 March 2013
Having seen Joe live in concert twice recently. It encouraged us to buy some CD's. We have not been disappointed this one is great.