Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.29

on 16 November 1999
A real come-back for Cher , returning to the top music charts with a very contemporary range of compositions. The diva makes with Believe a very high personal statement, setting new standards with strikingly electronic vocals. The very modern beats of Believe are the ultimate on dance floors whereas Dov'e L'Amore shows much more traditional strikes. Believe sets Cher definitely on top of pop music. I really enjoy her album and it will certainly get you into dancing mood as well.
on 28 August 2003
The first time I heard Cher's powerful wall-piercing vocal STRONG ENOUGH on the radio, I told myself I'm going to miss the 70s goodness of disco and gayness if I don't dump my then heartbreaking relationship and move on with my life...
DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER LOVE? Yes, for the sake of survivors, Cher will always be a grand guidance figure to shelter us from the cruelty of love when it leaves you bleeding.
Despite of a few critically too cliche-sounding disco tracks, I gave 4 stars to the bold release of this record and insist "this is the (curing) album for the lonely" and hurt.
P/S: The CD sleeve printing is a platinum pearl-like silverish blue which adds the disco feel to this album. I actually bought it twice for an original German copy to replace the "duller" local edition in my country Malaysia.
on 3 May 2000
After 'Love Hurts', 'Heart of stone' and 'It's a man's world', which are all great albums, Cher's new direction is not for everyone. Die hard AOR fans, woudl reject this album instantaineously, but for the rest of us, the album is yet another touch of class. Though the AOR fans may have deserted the album, a new legion of fans scrambled to buy this great album.
Highlights include the obvious hits 'Believe' 'Strong Enough' 'All or nothing' and the album version of 'Dové L'Amore' but the remix of We all sleep alone stands out just as high as the other classy tracks.
It may only have ten tracks on it, but that's still only about £1 per song, and songs by Cher too, "Cheap at half the price"
on 18 April 2015
I have been a Cher fan for many years since her Sonny and Cher days but my favourite Cher track is its in his eyes the Soup soup song
on 13 September 2015
A great album - Cher is timeless. She has a fantastic singing voice and her music is definitely foot-tapping stuff.
THIS ALBUM WAS NEARLY NOT PRODUCED YET ITS BEEN HER BEST SELLER,I TOTALLY LOVE IT AND ITS A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE.
on 27 June 2016
Not pleased. I only paid a minimum charge but the CD was scruffy and some songs were faulty.
"Believe" was one of those instant classic songs that defied modern trends by turning an early 80's dance theme into a late 90's monster hit. It's a powerful song and only the brilliant producer Junior Vasquez could produce such a hit. However, the remaining songs are a disappointment, showcasing Cher's amazing voice, but lacking originality. "We All Sleep Alone" is a pleasant soulful rendition that closes the CD, but the middle sounds like the filler that it is. However, only Cher could take ten songs to sell a huge album, just by her own tenacity and talent. Having the one gigantic hit doesn't hurt either. It's worth buying the album just for this song. If you really only want this song, the CD single has so many dance versions, it fills an entire CD.
on 23 March 2015
Another ageless diva performing to a very high standard on time
on 5 November 2015
Good selection of her work, easy listening.