on 5 March 2011
Quite good value for the money -
Good points -
Inexpensive
Powered by replacable battery about 4hrs music per cell, great if away from home. . Plenty of memory- 4GB for wma files. Reasonable sound quality. Easy drag and drop to load up music either as albums or mixed music files. Can use as a memory stick to transport files.

Bad points -
Fiddly controls - but ok once you get used to them.
Unclear instruction manual
Random play not as random as you may think.
FM radio fiddly to set up and reception poor.
Not as good as Sony MP3 player but at less than 1/3rd of price what do you expect?
on 3 October 2009
I don't understand the previous review. I have had a 1GB model of this machine for a couple of years. When I gave that to my son and looked for a replacement I was delighted to see a 4GB model. I have been able to put all my music on this machine (1000+ songs), and have no trouble navigating directly to the folder I want to listen to. The previous model I purchased came with a 4 channel FM transmitter and this lets me listen to my music on my radio around the house. The sound quality is very good, battery life is decent (and with six alkaline AAA's available for a pound at a well known shop that sells everything for a pound it's affordable). The FM radio is better outside than inside but is acceptable as a bonus feature. The comments about the instructions I do understand, but they are an improvement over the older version- but all that is really missing is a picture to show which button is which. Had I not had experience with the 1GB model I would have been put off by the previous review. As with most of these packages the supplied headset is not great, but I always use my own quality brand headset. For the price I think this is an outstanding machine.
on 6 August 2011
I really really hate this.
It feels like a free toy that came with a happy meal.
There is no logic to how you access the different functions.
There is one main button to access the functions so you have to be playing music to get to some of them.
You also have to press the button for different lengths of time to get to different functions.
The repeat function is insanely complicated to use and difficult to find.
The so called manual doesn't explain how to use the repeat function.
80 yr old arthritic grandmothers skip quicker than this thing skips to the next track.
If the volume is loud enough to hear over anything else it hisses.
I'm trying to think of something good to say about it but I'm drawing a blank.
So in summary ,feels awful, difficult to use,not worth more than a fiver, prompt delivery.
on 30 September 2011
It took me ages to work out that you have to press in the joystick-like control to select a menu option or press and hold it in to return to a higher level menu. (You move to menu options or different tracks by moving joystick left or right.) Once you have worked this out (no clues in documentation) then it is fine navigating menus and finding folders and files. Have also been listening to Ipswich Community Radio on it without problems - you have to find a good place to sit, as internal house wiring and appliances may interfere - but wouldn't that be the same with any FM radio if you walked round the house with it?

In summary a cheap and cheerful MP3 player that has all the basic functions expected - it just needs better documentation, perhaps with pictures of the icons.

I actually chose this model because I wanted a battery powered player. No use having USB charged ones when you are in the wildwoods without a USB connection, let alone a power point!
on 16 April 2011
This is my second one. I had my other (Sumvision) MP3 player for a few years, but I think the memory is corrupt as it keeps showing 'Disk Error' on it's little screen.
I say the previous was Sumvision, but they are exactly the same players.
For less than £14.00, you cannot go wrong. The only thing that I will say, is that I found that this one has not much bass. I have skipped through the different EQ settings, but it sounds a bit thin to me. My previous player had much more bass, and a noticable change in sound when skipping through the same EQ settings.
Some people also think that this is hard to use?! It is so simple. You can fly through the menu, and select the folder/album that you want to play. You press the button to go into the folder, then simply press the play button. You really don't need the manual.

So I would say, if you like your bass, go for the Sumvision version, but if you are happy with a good all round clear sound, this is for you!
on 17 November 2010
I bought this MP3 Player (actually My Dad did coz he's awesome) anyway because I had a 2GB in silver that was the similar model, but that broke because I exausted it.
I have to say i love this it's like my baby, I have about 700 songs on it right now but some of those are 20mins. So- It has got a capacity of 1000+
The only bad part of it is I recently went camping in the isle of skye in Scotland and the screen cracked!
This is not good! So It wasn't very durable to Scottish weather!(Luckily my Dad was able to replace the screen with the one from my old silver MP3 player)... but it can play on my TV which is just really cool!
on 8 November 2011
very good item, you don't need to download i tunes or any other program to be compatible with this device, its really simple plug in drag the music you want and you're good to go. battery life is good. i'm really pleased with this purchase.
on 26 April 2012
Before I start I would like to say that this IS an 8Gb Mp3 Player NOT 4Gb.
There was smoe sort of problem with the page. I saw that a couple of the reviews have said that it's a 4Gb player so I wrote an eMail query to 'Evodigitals' and had a reply to let me know that it is an 8Gb device by the following day.

I placed the order and received it very promptly, so the service from Evodigitals was excellent.

OK, This 8Gb Mp3 player is really good for the price, (£17.99). I got it plugged in to my laptop and copied my Mp3 files on to it. Looking through the menu system on the player it has a lot of items that you wouldn't expect like a phone book and something I haven't looked at yet, an 'online mode'. You can set the colour of the display or 'cycle' the colours. The equalizer, Lyrics, voice recorder, an FM radio. I like the fact that it runs with an AAA batery, this makes it a great device if you are out and about, you can simply put in a new AAA and carry on where you left off.

Some of these features are not described in the user manual but they are, on the whole, intuitive.

On the whole it's a great device for the cost and if you get any problems, before or after you buy you'll get good service.
on 3 July 2012
Simple quick and easy to use. Had mine about 4 years,8GB, just failed me.
So I have just brought another 8GB.
No messing with itunes, just drag and drop, radio works fine, not bad in the house, better outside.
Read the instructions take your time, and all will be well.
on 7 May 2012
I have had my fair share of MP3 players however this is the best. A little confusing to use at first, could work everything but could not work out how to play the tracks. All I needed to do was press the little switch that you use to toggle between options. Small and compact and holds lots of music. I am delighted and would recommend this to anyone wanting an easy to put music on, easy to use and discrete music player.