Reprise/ Warner presents "CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE" [Special Edition], featuring pop vocalist of the millennium Michael Buble, the Vancouver crooner with his latest release with new material and some vintage standards --- Canadian crooner's third studio release, is about as responsible as it gets --- featuring an unforgettable youthful style that takes you back to the '40s, '50s and '60s --- listening to every tune on this album brings back memories of Nat King Cole (one of my favorite singers of all time), Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra as they were crooning favorite standards of the day --- Buble is a cross between James Dean and Elvis Presley in appearance, with the style and ability of Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin --- Michael has the uncanny ability to nail each track with his signature style and making it his own.

Buble's performance is impeccable, the renditions are simply from the heart --- one can hardly pick a stand out, entire recording draws on the swinging Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra at his back, plus slow tempos with blends of original sentiment and gorgeous melodies in the order in which they appear:

1. "The Best Is Yet to Come" (3:05) - (Cy Coleman/Carolyn Leigh) - One of Tony Bennett's all time greatest hits and Michael does it proud.

2. "It Had Better Be Tonight" (Meglio Stasera) (3:06) - (Mancini/Mercer/Migliacci) - Henry Mancini's catchy tune from "The Pink Panther", with a cool David Foster arrangement.

3. "Me and Mrs. Jones (4:33) - (Huff/Gamble/Gilbert) - Buble has a good thing going with this track

4. "I'm Your Man" (4:59) - (Leonard Cohen) - The beast won't go to sleep, has Buble bringing it home

5. "Comin' Home Baby" (3:27) - (Dorough/Tucker) - Buble shares the stage with Boyz II Men, with a Mel Torme classic tune

6. "Lost" (3:40) - (Buble/Arden/Chang) - An original song with a relationship that Buble puts behind him with this heartfelt lyrical masterpiece

7. "Call Me Irresponsible" (3:16) - (Cahn/Van Heusen) - Big hit for Jack Jones but move over, Buble is taking this one on and filling those big shoes nicely

8. "Wonderful Tonight" (4:12) - (Eric Clapton) - (duet with Ivan Lins) - And then she asks Buble and Lins, Do I look alright ... they reply we feel wonderful cause we see the love light in your eyes

9. "Everything" (3:33) - (Buble/Change/Amy Foster Gilles) - a Buble original sets this album apart from the rest, youe every song, and I sing along cause you're my everything

10. "I've Got the World on a String" (2:47) - (Arlen/Koehler) - Lifes a wonderful thing as long as I hold that string

11. "Always on My Mind" (4:30) - (James/Thompson/Christopher) - Girl I'm so sorry I was blind, you were always on my mind

12. "That's Life" (4:15) - (Gordon/Thompson) - Many times I thought of cutting out, but my heart won't buy it

13. "Dream" (5:05) - (Johnny Mercer) - Doesn't get any better with one of my all time favorite songwriters and his classic 1944 tune, with the best arranger on the planet Johnny Mandel

14. "Love" (4:45) - (Bert Kaempfert/Milt Gabler) - Instrumentally Bert Kaempfert and vocally Nat "King" Cole made this an international hit back in the '60s, now Buble takes up the baton and gives this a successful run within the winners circle

Special footnote, Bublé was born in Burnaby, British Columbia --- He is of Italian descent with dual citizenship in Italy, graduated from Cariboo Hill Secondary School --- Bublé grew up listening to his grandfather's collection of jazz records --- Bublé highlights the importance of his grandfather in encouraging his musical tastes. "My grandfather was really my best friend growing up --- He was the one who opened me up to a whole world of music that seemed to have been passed over by my generation --- Although I like rock and roll and modern music, the first time my granddad played me the Mills Brothers, something magical happened --- The lyrics were so romantic, so real... the way a song should be for me --- It was like seeing my future flash before me. I wanted to be a singer and I knew that this was the music that I wanted to sing." (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see Michael in a St. Louis concert, met him back stage --- might add this young man made a very positive impression on all who attended that night's show --- he's a first class guy and has everything going for him --- couldn't happen to a nicer person...it's like second nature with his natural ability to vocalize and be a crowd pleaser is pure magic --- shows why Buble has the the stuff stars are made of...he's the hottest property in the genre of "American Standards" today --- as Michael warns his band, "get ready it's about to start all over again" --- climb aboard this musical merry-go-round, you'll never regret it --- Good Luck, Michael with your sophomore studio recording --- it is definitely your biggest triumph.

Total Time: 54:00 on 14 Tracks ~ Warner Music 100324 ~ (5/09/2007)
on 31 May 2007
Heard a lot of this guy on the radio but this is my first album purchase, and it's great. There are a lot of people doing the "American Songbook" style classics at the moment and it would be easy to pigeon-hole this guy as just another one, but he's not. This is a very talented young man with a great voice - soft and smooth when it needs to be and powerful when it needs to be. He says he loves singing this stuff and I think it shows in this recording. You'll know most of the songs on the album and it is just simply a delight to listen to - perfect for kicking back and chilling out after a hard day, or as a perfect backdrop to a quiet night in for two. Highly recommended
on 5 May 2007
I have to say i am a big fan of buble(much to the disgust of my friends). the first album was inspired, and the interpretation of some of the songs were great(moondance, awesome and the cover of the queen song....i didnt recognise it!).

But this album, after listening to it today leaves me feeling a bit cold. The performance, without doubt is excellent, but it just seems a bit more of the same, and whereas with the first 2 albums there was something a bit different on it(fever on the second album is fantastic along with home). There is no challenge to the listener who has bought and owned his previous albums, just knocking out a load of the same old covers.

Usually i praise this canadian singer, and i have to give it 3 stars for the performance, but the lack of anything majorly new has to downgrade it.

If you are new to buble, buy the first 2 albums, and if you really are hooked buy this, but its not his best.
Reprise/ Warner presents "CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE", featuring pop vocalist of the millennium Michael Buble, the Vancouver crooner with his latest release with new material and some vintage standards --- Canadian crooner's third studio release, is about as responsible as it gets --- featuring an unforgettable youthful style that takes you back to the '40s, '50s and '60s --- listening to every tune on this album brings back memories of Nat King Cole (one of my favorite singers of all time), Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra as they were crooning favorite standards of the day --- Buble is a cross between James Dean and Elvis Presley in appearance, with the style and ability of Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin --- Michael has the uncanny ability to nail each track with his signature style and making it his own.

Total Time: 49:00 on 13 Tracks ~ Warner Music 100313 ~ (5/01/2007)
on 7 June 2007
I have only more recently become taken with Michael's music. I have the first album and enjoyed that very much and loved the fresh approach to old songs. In his lastest album Call Me Irresponsible I find myself weak at the knees again; yes it is fairly similar to some of his other songs, but this style suits him well and I don't think he needs to change. My favourite song is Everthing because of the lyrics and the great syncappated accompaniment He has lovely tones in his voice with great rhythms underneath all in all a great album and a little something for everyone with big band styles and softer quiet songs for relaxing. I guess there's a song to suit all different moods.
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2007
This is the third main album from 4 times Grammy nominated Canadian singer Michael Steven Bublé.

It lasts 53 minutes 27 seconds, comes with a booklet of song words and contains 14 songs:

1. THE BEST IS YET TO COME ~ 3:05.
A big band number, # you think you've flown before, but you aint left the ground! # 9/10.
2. IT HAD BETTER BE TONIGHT ~ 3:06.
An up-tempo number.
I bought this album because I saw Mr Bublé perform this song on the BBC 1 show Strictly Come Dancing, and LOVED it! 10/10, one of the best songs on the album.
3. ME AND MRS JONES ~ 4:34.
A slow song - 7/10.
4. IM YOUR MAN ~ 4:59.
Slow and sexy! 10/10.
5. COMIN HOME BABY ~ 3:27.
10/10, a great driving song!
6. LOST ~ 3:41.
A slow song, Bublé's 13th single - 8/10.
7. CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE ~ 3:17.
# I'm not too clever, I just adore you! # 9/10.
8. WONDERFUL TONIGHT ~ 4:13.
A divine slow song - 10/10.
9. EVERYTHING ~ 3:33.
A fast paced, fabulous song that was Number one in the U.S.A! # I get to kiss you baby just because I can! # {my favourite lyric!} 10/10.
10. IVE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING ~ 2:48.
A slow song - 9/10. Great instrumental solo.
11. ALWAYS ON MY MIND ~ 4:13.
A slow song - 8/10. Marvellous vocals and marvellous music.
12. THAT'S LIFE ~ 4:16.
Slow - 9.5/10. If you love gospel, this is the Bublé song for you!
13. DREAM ~ 5:07.
The slowest song on the album - 9.5/10.
14. L.O.V.E ~ 2:51.
# L is for the way you look at me, O is for the only one I see, V is very very, extraordinary, E is even more than anyone that you adore! # 10/10, another great up-tempo song.

There is a thank you from Mr Bublé to his fans in the back of the song words booklet, which reads - "An extra special thanks to all my fans, please enjoy!"

If you or someone you know adores the big band sound, or you're just a fan of fabulous music, then this album is for you.
Bublé makes all the songs on this album his own, and even people who aren't fond of the Rat Pack sound will definitely be converted!

Any or all of his music would make perfect Valentines Day / anniversary gifts,

Utterly fabulous!
review image review image review image
This is a lovely album. Michael Buble has a voice to die for, style, class, charisma, and is cute too!! I love Lost, Home, and his version of Me and Mrs. Jones, pure perfection!! The production on this album is fabulous, and of course, Michael's voice is so smooth, so seductive, just pure silk. He ticks all the right boxes for me, I think he's wonderful, and I think this album is wonderful too.
on 7 June 2007
This album is fabulous. Some reviews state it is produced poorly but this is a misunderstanding. If you compare this album to Michael Buble's previous albums you may find it different. It is. It still has the same smooth tones and excellent arrangement but where as the previous albums tracks have been recorded many times and the best bits sliced together. This album takes on the tracks in their entirety and are complete track recordings. These songs have been sung once, twice, maybe three times and the best complete tracks have been chosen and placed on the disk. Almost like a live album. This brings with it some faults, I agree but also the true emotion and sense of a song. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes a true sound. The highlights of the album in my opinion are: Me & Mrs Jones, World on a string - which brings a rousing sing-a-long type of feel, an almost gospel That's life and It had better be tonight which has been given a sort of Bosa Nova treatment. Fabulous album. 5 stars!
on 17 September 2007
I bought this CD in reluctance. MB's previous work did not impress me. I thought he was just busking with a good voice. This is easily the best release of 2007 (in South Africa at least) and I am impressed with the production quality. David Foster has outdone himself this time around. MB digs deeper than I have ever heard him or any of the artists around dig. Track 11 has never sounded this good. The only thing MB is Irresponsible about is our money ... I have already booked myself his December live performance in Cape Town :-) I am addicted to his voice. Keep it up!
on 3 June 2007
The answer to this review is in the title of the album and says it all really!

Dont get me wrong I like Michael Buble his style and voice very much indeed,but this album does not do him any favours.

Why? well its not the albums content so much as its quality, who ever is responsible for its production wants shooting!

Michaels voice has a very prenounced lisp to many of the tracks and none so more than when he sings the track "I have the world on a string" which makes him sound like Mr Fudd from the Buggs Bunny cartoons, string becomes stwing and rainbow is wainbow so I guess you take my point!

I am seriously thinking of sending my copy to his record label for a refund or send me a new copy when they can get the voice to sound like Mr Buble and not a person with a prenounced speech impediment.

Come on Michael your production and label are letting you the artist and we the fans down big time and if you allow this to carry on you will really will be called irrisponsible.