5.0 out of 5 stars Windy Miller
Ah just fantastic. Not the original version but the version from the original version of the Thomas Crown affair. Another favourite of mine from THAT jukebox down the pub when I was a teenager discovering the joys of Guiness and social drinking. I'd defy anyone to go out comitting knife crime when they've got this ratting around inside their head.
Published on 4 Feb. 2009 by Edric_the_Destroyer

3.0 out of 5 stars The tempo seemed fast
Published 14 months ago by avril fairbrother

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Windy Miller, 4 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Windmills Of Your Mind (Remastered Album Version) (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original remastered, 2 Feb. 2011
Hwasung Lee (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There are lots of different versions of this classic song. Especially Sting's cover brings out a different taste. Compared to Sting's recording, it feels like Noel doesn't know how to sing this song properly. Noel's interpretation feels a bit rushed and gives an impression of the lyrics overlapping each other. But that is exactly what this song is about! The beauty of this song is "like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel".

Remastering only make things better. Excellent interpretation, brilliant sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple yet effective masterpiece, 7 Jun. 2013
I was first introduced to "Windmills of Your Mind" when we sang it in my school choir. It's one of those songs which I think would sound good whoever was singing it- Dusty Springfield does a great version, and Elaine Paige also sang it. This version by Rex Harrison's son is very atmospheric. The melody couldn't be simpler, but it still grabs attention, and is memorable. I find I can put this song into context- when I hear this version, I can imagine a man having a restless night, perhaps because he's going through a bad patch in his life; finally, unable to get to sleep, he flings on his dressing gown, opens his bedroom curtains, stares out at the silent landscape and reflects on the strangeness of human nature. There may be other interpretations, but that's how I see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great download and FREE, 12 May 2013
D. J. Howarth (UK) - See all my reviews
A really excellent download.
Just as I remember it from all those years ago, better than the other versions by other artists

3.0 out of 5 stars The tempo seemed fast, 10 Feb. 2014
I was sooooo... looking forward to listening to Windmills of Your Mind. However, the tempo of this version seemed a lot faster than I remember the original being played at - which spoilt it for me. Generally speaking, I find that original recordings give more prominence to the voice of the singer, but new versions seem to allow the music to have a stronger impact and the singers voice can be lost in the process. I would like to download the original version instead.- if possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

5.0 out of 5 stars I wonder what windmill we have in our own minds, 16 Jun. 2013
This song stirs everything up in your body, mind and soul, it sort of makes you spin around, you seem to be lost and then your back again,wow...

4.0 out of 5 stars classic, 1 Mar. 2013
Mr. J. R. Ellis "JR" (kent) - See all my reviews
classic, classic, classic, again easy download, fair price, will listen to again and again, will listen to again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it a million stars!, 17 Dec. 2013
I remember this song from my childhood and always loved it but since I've got older and become interested in creative writing I've appreciated the many wonderful similies in the writing, they create such beautiful visual images. I bow to the writer's skills. This is one I definitely wish I'd written!

5.0 out of 5 stars More nostalgia., 24 Jan. 2013
C. Turke (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This song is enigmatic, for me at least, and is obviously meant to signify the feelings of a man who has lost his lover.
Noel Harrison sings it with the right amount of empathy needed. See him on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. Very expressive rendition of a poignant song.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Classic Song, 7 May 2011
Two minutes and twenty one seconds of sheer magic! Incredibly clever lyrics, perfect orchestration and a flawless delivery by Noel. Couple this to the stylish Thomas Crown Affair films (either flavour) and you have an audio video feast.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›