1,443 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars It's never going to give you hifi, but it works
It's a little radio transmitter which takes its power from your iPod or iPhone (I'm using it with my iPhone 3G and iPod 5G). Bonus is there's a (shortish) USB cable and plug for your cigar lighter socket (I have an oldish car), so that you don't have to drain your player battery. Plugging it in doesn't seem to help the signal strength.

So you set its...
Published on 16 Sep 2009 by S. Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad choice
Published on 1 Dec 2009 by Mark Currie

4.0 out of 5 stars It's never going to give you hifi, but it works, 16 Sep 2009
S. Hill "Stevie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: TeckNet MT-096 Apple FM Transmitter For Apple iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, (Electronics)

So you set its transmission frequency and tune in your radio (I had to turn off the auto frequency control). You then get a reasonable signal, especially if you have followed the recommendation to set the frequency to somewhere there's static. Obviously if you're travelling a distance, you may need to reset the frequency (since what was static in Stoke may be noisy in Nottingham) or suffer deterioration or loss of your puny signal.

I get a reasonable reception with the iPod/transmitter on the dashboard (using one of those anti-slip mats which I've reviewed elsewhere) and my aerial in the rear screen (it seems to be integrated with the heated rear window elements). It might be better if I put it on the back shelf, I suppose: I've not tried it.

It is significantly poorer than an aux input, but gives acceptable quality.

So: a good buy, better that a big-name product I tried at three times the price. Just don't expect miracles.

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet MT-096 Apple FM transmitter for ipod touch, 9 Sep 2009
K. Davies (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
I love this little transmitter it fits the bottom of the ipod touch exaclty I even use a rubber protector and it stll fits flush and makes a good connection unlike some other brands. It looks really stylish too but not only does it look good. It DOES actually work I live in the midlands and finding a station to tune to can be hard but this little transmitter once tuned hasn't crackled hissed nothing just tuned in and that was that. It holds the station great and doesn't even drain the battery like some I've bought before. I've had it for about 2mths now and haven't found fault with it yet. The price was really good too I've paid a lot more for other products won't do it again though will come back to this one when it needs replacing like I say love it
x Karen x

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transmitter. better than my belkin one., 9 Nov 2009
Mr. G. Goodship "Goodship1002" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
For months now I've SUFFERED with a Belkin transmitter which plugs into the jack input on my ipod - not any more. Not only do you get better sound quality (better signal) it is also MUCH easier to use, and comes with the lead you can plug into your car which DOES charge your ipod. And for the price its an exceptional bit of kit. a MUST buy for anyone who uses their ipod in the car. A*

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 10 Mar 2010
M. Finbow (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
The transmitter worked very well. The only difficulty was getting the car radio to fix on the required frequency, but that was an issue for my car radio, not the transmitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value!!!!, 29 July 2009
J. Windebank (potsmouth) - See all my reviews
easy to use, cheap, reliable and it works on any radio not just the car. i have it playing through my cheap work radio with no problem. also comes with a very handy usb car charger. i love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple fm transmitter for all iPods, 16 May 2009
Denwalt (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
Great set up in seconds, just make sure that iPod is in a safe place in car. Works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Dec 2009
I live in London and tuned this to one of the higher frequenzies on the FM band. I have gotta say that i wasn't expecting much but this product surpassed all my expectations. I use an iphone 3G and i can keep it in my pocket and get an excellent playback signal to my car radio (Nissan Primera 2004). I use Spotify and all tracks play through the car stereo with no problems....even through 3g. I also have a Garmin Satnav that broadcasts through the car stereo and this is on a par with that. I have been using it for a while now and have never had to change channels....even in London. I am telling you folks of my experiences with it, and that is in the Capital city. Why pay more when this does the job. You cant go wrong. I'm sure there are devices on the net that do far more, but if all ya wanna do is listen to ya music,podcasts etc. on ya car radio...this does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works quite well.,, 9 Aug 2009
I have now used several FM transmitters from different manufacturers and was pleasantly surprised by this one. I am using it with my 4th generation Nano and the charge feature works just fine. It is difficult to find an absolutely clear channel here in London and this, once turned on, holds the channel quite well. Not always 100% clear, but the periods of static are quite rare and given the bargin price in comparision to some of the other transmitters a good deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad choice, 1 Dec 2009
I bought this item after reading the reviews, should not have done it. The iphone 3gs tell you it is not compatible when you connect it. Then the actual connection on the transmitter is so loose the signal keeps dropping out and you have to keep moving it about to get the contact back. all in all very disappointed. At the price i can't be bothered with the hassle of returning the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 10 May 2011
For the price it's a really good buy. Easy to set up with little fuss. Would recommend this to anyone, don't know if its better or worse than any other transmitter as this is my first one, but it does me just fine! Only one slight negative is that i've had to tune it in 2-3 again as it lost its signal from the radio and started to crackle but that took all of 30 seconds so not too much of a dilemma!