4.0 out of 5 stars A Warm and Fuzzy Blend, 12 Dec 2004
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
A nicely blended soundtrack of old and new songs, guaranteed to evoke those wonderful warm and fuzzy feelings of Christmas past.
Alan Silvestri's original score perfectly compliments the traditional favorites by Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, and the Andrews Sisters. A fresh spritz of energy is provided by Steven Tyler in the rocking "Rockin' On Top of the World", toned down only by Josh Groban on the very next track.
To round it all off, Tom Hanks sings! Two songs! Actually he kinda mugs/raps/goofs around - but it adds that perfect funny note to the album. One note Tom - don't quit your day job.
Just listening to this album will trigger an urgent burning need to see the movie.
Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll believe in Santa again, 1 Aug 2009
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
I love this album and I love the film too. I am an adult and I haven't got children and I have no excuse to listen to this album so much; but every December this is the first thing I'll be listening to. Great lyrical songs and wonderful music. Christmas in a box.

It'll make you believe again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I BELIEVE!, 27 July 2010
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
As a young boy, I can remember my mother's efforts to ensure Christmas was always special for me, my sister and my brothers. Christmas was always full of wonderful smells from the pantry and kitchen and that innocent certainty that a rotund, red-cheeked Father Christmas would arrive at our home on his sleigh, early Christmas Morning, to the sound of jingly bells. It was pure MAGIC! And Father Christmas always left us the greatest Christmas presents! One Christmas, he even left me some of his magic 'Jingle Bells' - I still have them and they sound great!

Both the film and the Soundtrack embody the Wonder and Spirit of Christmas. For me, it takes me back to my childhood and all the innocent pleasures of having Christmas with one's family - even if they are no longer there. If you are looking for 'Christmas' this music and/or film is a must. The film is amazing on Blu-Ray.

Merry Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT CD, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
I BOUGHT THIS CD FOR MY 2YR OLD SON AS HE LOVES THE FILM WITH A PASSION , WHAT A FANTASTIC CD OF MUSIC THIS IS MY LITTLE BOY TRUELY LOVES IT AND WHEN ITS PLAYED ITS AS MAGAICAL AS THE FILM , WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND MORE , MANY MANY THANKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Polar Express - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Special Edition (MP3 Download)
Fans of the film will love singing along on the car on their own polar express adventure. We believe x

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get the tunes out of my head!!!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
Have used it in school, all ages, reception through to 6th form. Children love it! Would recommend it to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Into Christmas Fantasy, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
This cd is true to the movie of the same name and has some stunning music on it. I especially love the track sung by
Josh Grobbin which basically brings all the magic of christmas alive in one song for me.If you hold christmas as a special time in the hearts of your family this one's for you. CD arrived on time and as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carol, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
This item was delivered quickly and came well packaged. CD is of good quality recording with the added bonus of downloading directly onto mobile phone with ease. Can't wait until christmas now!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Aboard!, 16 Oct 2013
K. Austen "gibson677" (Guernsey, CI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of the animated movie, so I had to buy this beautiful book to read and lose myself in the magical artwork where the movie originated from.

The characters come to life all over again, it is beautifully written and as I said the illustrations are wonderfully depicted. It is a book to read when the winter nights draw to a close and brings Christmas closer. All ages will love the book and read it over and over.

Karen
Guernsey

5.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack to a great film, 30 July 2013
This review is from: The Polar Express (Audio CD)
covers all the songs from the film and also some classic Christmas songs too ! A must for all Polar Express fans !