Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 3 June 2000
'Who Can You Trust?' is an amazing achievement by Sky Edwards and co. and by far the better album of the two. It contains some of their best work and the well-known single 'Trigger Hippy'. I bought this album from amazon after hearing the second album, 'Big Calm' and I was pleasantly surprised with its content. I was expecting it not to be as good as the second, as most first albums are but I was wrong. It is wonderful music and it shows you what Morcheeba are all about. You can get a taste of their involvement in the spirtual world and the atmosphere it creates is uncanny. It will relaxe you and help you to meditate on your thoughts and feelings. Morcheeba are the band quite commonly known as the Trigger Hippies. Their music has a mysterious and sometimes a quite exotic feels to it. It is guarenteed to take you away to a magical place, away from your worries while you absorb your mind and soul in the depth of their music.
on 23 February 2003
This album is tricky to review. Its style is almost pure laziness, but the songs are very slickly produced. It is very moody and dark, and the album cover picture perfectly defines the content of the CD (not that it is mostly blank or anything!) The songs seem to blend into each other and create an overall moody 'soundtrack' - it is not so much an album you listen to in a focused, attentive way, more of a background music disc, though this does not do justice to the work put into this album.
The mix of Skye's maple-syrup, slinky, low vocals and the urban touches to the backing put in by the two DJ members of the band, along with the laid back drumming and slidey guitar and the seemingly Asian influences make this a truly unique album.
on 16 August 2000
I first heard Tape Loop a few years ago and always liked it, but never really caught on to the whole Morcheeba 'vibe' until last year when I bought Who Can You Trust... it only took one listen and I was hooked. Skye's vocals are both amazing, yet subtle at the same time, almost enchanting - especially on Trigger Hippy. They take me to the paradise place in my head where I can escape the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Thank you for producing one of my favourite albums Morcheeba.
on 8 April 2013
Laid back trip hop of the lounge-beats / chill out genre became ten to the penny very quickly, and to this day still seem to get recycled via numerous compilation albums. However, listening to this again I really think it has something unique to offer. It's beats are, in places, far slower than it's contemporaries and I really like their use of stoned droning guitar - not to mention the lovely Skye's vocals you hear more on later albums. On a hot day when I want something in the background so that people can talk over, this album works a treat... having rediscovered it recently I went through my collection to find something of the same ilk to put on afterwards and couldn't find much - you could say that's dependent on what I own, you could definitely argue that there's a tonne of similar acts / albums - I just find there is something about Who Can You Trust that is very unique and has definitely helped it sound current 16 years later.

Have a listen on Spotify etc and see if you think it's worth buying. I do.
on 21 July 2004
This was my first introduction to Morcheeba and it is still by far my favourite album of theirs. The remix/b side disc is brilliant, very good for those smokey evenings! On a whole, the album is a true display of what trip hop can and should be.......
on 5 February 2013
It would seem to be impossible not to like this album, as it is guaranteed to provide you with an ultra relaxing chill-out experience,with fairly natural and not too electronic sounding music led by a female vocalist.However, it could never be worthy of a 5 star award because it never really tries to do anything that can really engage the listener's emotions, except perhaps for a complete state of relaxation, and what is wrong with that? So you might fall asleep, or be doing something else, daydreaming or whatever,and this will carry you along. Never really exceptional,nothing really stands out,but then nothing is really meant to. Always pleasant,you will not go wrong with this for some really cooling chill-out time.
on 28 February 2009
Moorceba are very reliable musicians and if you like their output then you will like this album. It is not as good as Big Calm in my book, but very enjoyable nonetheless.
on 6 December 2011
Love this album for chilled and rhythmical background music - it softens the mood and relaxes. With soothing vocals this is guaranteed to take you to a good place.
on 6 January 2004
Skye's voice is about as soft and smooth as you can get. This album is lovely, with melodies drifting around their slow deep beats and bright guitar sounds. Put your feet up and enjoy... This album even stopped my brother arguing with everyone on a family holiday, which really says something!
on 16 March 2014
i love it...got it first on minidisc...now have 3 of their albums...check it out on youtube and decide for yourself...specs