Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 28 October 2007
Morcheeba albums are like little nuggets of gold amongst a sea of silver and iron. This particular collection contains so many rousing and moving tracks and is an excellent introduction to a band who sounds as if they write from the soul. An energetic mix of good, clever and songs that can make you smile and cry!
on 23 April 2006
This is a sublime collection of my favourite Morcheeba songs. The band features the Jazz-inspired vocals of Skye Edwards. My favourite tunes both happen to be from the Trip Hop album 'Big Calm.' Both 'The Sea' and 'Part of the Process' will always be ingrained into my soul reminding me of my student years as I longed for something other than the ordinary. It was back in 1998 when I first heard a Morcheeba song and was totally and utterly sucked into their world of beauty.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 May 2013
Ever wondered why Morcheeba feature on so many chill-out / laid back compilation albums? Well, I suggest you buy this collection of some of their best tracks and immerse yourself in the velvety vocals of Skye Edwards, wrapped around some well crafted and sophisticated mellow tunes by Paul and Ross Godfrey. For some people, `World looking in' is going to be the immediately recognisable track, as it has been featured on so many albums and other places. I am struggling to describe their musical style, so I would advise listening to a couple of tracks to see if it appeals to you.
I know that there will always be some dispute about tracks that should or should not have been included on a `greatest hits' album by any band, so I am not going to go there, suffice to say that this is a satisfying introduction to the band, if you are new to their music. This album has style and content and leaves you with a warm, relaxed feeling, (even though not all of the tracks are totally 'down tempo'), especially when enjoyed with a few glasses of wine, on a warm summers evening, with friends!! (I just hope we get some warm summer evenings soon).
This 14 track album is well worth a listen - if you are not sure this is for you, try listening to the samples from the album on the Amazon MP3 store, hopefully you will not be disappointed.
on 1 November 2013
I was not aware of this band until recently. I only liked about two tracks at first, but after listening to the whole album in the car one day, i realised that all tracks are excellent. There is not one i don't like. They all have very different sounds, unlike many bands today where all tracks sound the same!
on 6 December 2011
This ia a great album - all the classic tracks are present and correct, but the quality of the recording isn't great - i guess that's because its cheap but iTunes wouldn't read a couple of the tracks when i was burning it to my library so i have to buy them off the iTunes store, apart that it's all good.
on 30 December 2014
I purchased the albums when they were first out a few years back but this is a good mix of all my favourite tracks on one album ...great stuff, and Skye's vocals never gets old!
on 23 October 2015